It's lonely at the top

Aircrew

Reaction score
I'm in total disbelief at how well Geno has played, I feel like this is a bad twilight zone episode.

W

Welshers

Geno for MVP! Start the conversation! If they by some miracle get a winning season there is absolutely no way he shouldn't be talked about for the award.

W

Welshers

Easy son, breathe in a little. MVP? Sarcasm? I can't tell with you. And that's ok.
Buddy he's the #1 ranked QB in the NFL! This team is 0-4 without Geno, "cops have small peepees and I don't write back" Smith! He's quickly becoming a Seattle legend! If they win 9 games we should build a Geno statue!

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Easy son, breathe in a little. MVP? Sarcasm? I can't tell with you. And that's ok.
Right now, I'd say he's inching closer to actually being in contention.

Do I expect that to be the case at the end of the year? Nahhh, that's a bit much. But he's getting close to being mentioned at this level of play.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Geno for MVP! Start the conversation! If they by some miracle get a winning season there is absolutely no way he shouldn't be talked about for the award.

Even if the Seahawks don't get to .500-ish (either .471 or .529), and I've expected all along that they won't, if Smith continues to be even an NFL-average QB, he should be among the top contenders for NFL Comeback Player of the Year.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Yeah, I generally feel like Welshers is doing comedy, and that most of it is whooshing harmlessly over my head. And that's OK, because I'm old. I'm not supposed to get the whippersnappers' internet humor.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'll give Welsh credit, he goes all in on his hilarious takes. Now all the sudden, Geno is up there with Mahomes and Allen. Um..........ok.

W

Welshers

I'll give Welsh credit, he goes all in on his hilarious takes. Now all the sudden, Geno is up there with Mahomes and Allen. Um..........ok.
That's what PFF says, not me! Keep in mind PFF ratings are assigned by experienced professionals. I'm happy to admit they know more than me. And according to PFF, Geno is the best QB in football! Love to see it!

nwHawk

Reaction score
Different QBs, but the results are what is important. If Geno keeps this team competitive you have to be impressed. He’s been a man so far.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
That's OK. "Failed" (with an "I" and a big "L" for his hero Wilson's new team against the Seahawks) did not appear to be joking when he suggested in a post a month ago that Wilson is better than Mahomes and that we should expect more from Wilson going forward than from Mahomes. 🤦‍♂️
I get the impression that Welshers finds many of his own posts pretty funny, but as I said, I don't really "get" his humor.
"Failed," on the other hand, appears to believe he's a very serious football analyst way ahead of most of us dumbasses here on .NET, despite his having been completely wrong in what ought to be humiliating ways (but aren't to him because of his relative lack of self-awareness) with such an exceptional frequency.
That allows me to take Welshers's loonier takes with a grain of salt, while "Failed" just makes me shake my head at the totally unfounded arrogance.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, I'm just enjoying the win and hope the Broncs lose every game they play. Long since done talking about the former guy. Meh, he's gone and I'm glad.

As far as Geno goes, I'm giving the dude props, and I still get called out for it. So there is that. And that's fine. All I'm saying is I want to see him do this against a defense like the Rams, Niners etc. That's all. It's not "geno hate" at all.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Kinda the unsung heroes so far this year is the O-line, they're really ahead of where they should be with two rookie left tackles and a new center.

Not taking anything away from Geno, but he's barely been sacked this year, and wasn't sacked even once yesterday. Which for us Hawk fans is a very new oddity.

GemCity

Reaction score
I’m in complete awe of what he’s doing. He came in last year and looked “ok”. Preseason, I had the thought that our QB room stunk. I never had faith in Lock and Geno? Well, at least we had our backup still.

He’s tearing it up. It’s absolutely amazing to see how he’s playing. We have real, actual Tight Ends that get balls thrown to them.

Incredible story.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
That's OK. "Failed" (with an "I" and a big "L" for his hero Wilson's new team against the Seahawks) did not appear to be joking when he suggested in a post a month ago that Wilson is better than Mahomes and that we should expect more from Wilson going forward than from Mahomes. 🤦‍♂️
I get the impression that Welshers finds many of his own posts pretty funny, but as I said, I don't really "get" his humor.
"Failed," on the other hand, appears to believe he's a very serious football analyst way ahead of most of us dumbasses here on .NET, despite his having been completely wrong in what ought to be humiliating ways (but aren't to him because of his relative lack of self-awareness) with such an exceptional frequency.
That allows me to take Welshers's loonier takes with a grain of salt, while "Failed" just makes me shake my head at the totally unfounded arrogance.
I've come to realize Welsh has good humor and some is hidden.
It doesn't always have to be serious takes presented.
You might never get him and it did take me a bit before I did but
I enjoy it now where before I was like you.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, at this point, most of it is just funny. And that's fine. It's just a message board, it's not life. I hope to raise a pint with the guy at some point. We can laugh at how much we annoy each other. It's not really that important, just people talking and/or arguing about football.