It's simple, Bevell must go!!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan34":40s8q9fm said:
Jeff Garcia has a brilliant mind for football, he has played at the highest level and is a winner! He would be an incredible replacement for Bevell, all the tools are in place for Garcia to succeed as the Hawk OC......he understands the team concept and has been a great leader in his own right......here is a quote from the man himself.....

“Let’s be honest with each other. As much as I believe and feel that I am capable of leading a team, people don’t want you to be able to take the shortcut,” Garcia continued. “They want you to go through the process. They want you to start as the assistant, they want you to work your way up to the coordinator, they want you to work your way into that head coach position.” Jeff Garcia

Also, Cable is a very good O-Line coach, he just hasn't been given the right talent to make his O-Line the best.......

Just look at how Bevell has utilized one of the top two te's in the game??? Not! this is a crime within itself, Jimmy Graham is a freak but yet Bevell still refuses to make him a go to guy in the scheme.....
So, hmm, Jeff Garcia could make chicken salad with chicken poop LOL
I agree that we need some changes in Offensive play-calls, but Bevell has his work cut out for him, as the O-Line (thus far) is incapable of putting together two plays in a row where one or both of those plays doesn't suck.
You can't contemplate for crap execution of plays that you've drawn up.
Graham is a great Receiver, but he's a crappy run/ pass blocking TE.....Too much money for a single faceted player.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":309x38un said:
Whether Bevell must go or not is immaterial.

I don't think Pete will fire him or allow him to be released.

I honestly think that Pete knows that Bevell is not capable and worries that he would not be able to get another job at the same level, or even near the same level (in the NFL). And his loyalty to his guys demands that he keep giving Bevell chances - especially with the knowledge that he has loaded the guy down with a threadbare OL.

We are stuck with Bevell until we remove Pete. But I don't think we will accomplish anything with Pete against, precisely because of the Bevell issue.
:roll: :177692:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Hawkfan34":5awmnioh said:
Jeff Garcia has a brilliant mind for football, he has played at the highest level and is a winner! He would be an incredible replacement for Bevell, all the tools are in place for Garcia to succeed as the Hawk OC......he understands the team concept and has been a great leader in his own right......here is a quote from the man himself.....

“Let’s be honest with each other. As much as I believe and feel that I am capable of leading a team, people don’t want you to be able to take the shortcut,” Garcia continued. “They want you to go through the process. They want you to start as the assistant, they want you to work your way up to the coordinator, they want you to work your way into that head coach position.” Jeff Garcia

Also, Cable is a very good O-Line coach, he just hasn't been given the right talent to make his O-Line the best.......

:shock: :34853_doh: :177692:

Snakeeyes007

Reaction score
randomation":1t88xb13 said:
Back dumptrucks up to McDaniel's door until he caves or just get Chip.

Yes on McDaniels, Randomation!

I posted this [with a few slight edits] on a related 'Bevell' thread but it backs up your suggestion:

Pete and John have drafted a number of o-lineman over the years - all with genuine potential. We've successfully converted/created two others (Sweezy and Fant), along with signing a few veteran free agents to add to the mix. The main thing we haven't done is overpay for veteran free agents, believing Cable can build a serviceable o-line with the parts he's asked for and been given. More than ever, o-lineman require a lot of coaching to adjust to the pro level, with lots of high picks failing to succeed, but the best coaching staffs already work around that challenge.

Scheme (Cable) and play-calling (Bevell) ARE the primary problems. If you replace Cable with Dante Scarnecchia (Patriots) and Bevell with Josh McDaniels (Patriots), are we still having this discussion?

Case study...

Patriots O-line 2016

Entering the season, PFF had the Pats o-line ranked 18th overall. Here was their makeup:

There are only a few blue-chip linemen on the Patriots’ roster: Solder was a first-round pick, and Vollmer a second-rounder. The rest are a mix of fourth- and fifth-rounders, and undrafted players, including Andrews, the rookie center from Georgia who started 11 games.
-Peter King, SI | MMQB Jan. 20th, 2016

They won the Superbowl in 2016, so how did that o-line work for them?

Solder’s season ended with a biceps injury after four games. Stork missed the first seven games after suffering a concussion in training camp. Vollmer, Kline, Mason and fellow rookie guard Tre’ Jackson all missed games with injuries. But even early in the season, before Solder was lost for the year, the Patriots were using an unorthodox tactic of rotating guards and tackles between drives—sometimes in the middle of a drive, like hockey players changing shifts midstream. In one game they made 23 such rotations.

[In the 2016 regular season] the Patriots have used five left tackles, five left guards, two centers, seven right guards and five right tackles. Vollmer, who earned a Super Bowl ring at right tackle last season, is playing left tackle. Stork has played every position along the line except left tackle.

Have we really had it worse?

To a stunning degree, the Patriots have used 13 different starting lineups on their offensive line, the most of any NFL team over the last 22 years, which is as far back as STATS research goes. But that’s just the surface; the Patriots have spent much of the season rotating linemen during games like teams normally change out skill-position players. By this reporter’s unofficial count, New England has used 37 different offensive line combinations this season. To put that number into context, consider this: The Vikings used one lineup—the same five offensive linemen—for all but 14 snaps this season.

Sound familiar? McDaniels didn't care who the front 5 were, he couldn't with all those changes. Now imagine him here; turning Baldwin into the next Welker/Edelman, Graham into Gronk, and Russ into, alright I won't go that far, but Russ -unless he legitimately can't see his targets from inside the pocket - would be taking shorter drops and getting the ball out a lot quicker... like that old, lead-footed guy with the weak arm.

So how do you turn that chicken stuff into chicken soup?

It’s impossible to overstate the effect the return of longtime O-line coach Dante Scarnecchia has had on this unit, which was a major problem for the team a year ago. RT Marcus Cannon has gone from a liability to a second-team All-Pro, and RG Shaquille Mason has undergone a similar transformation when it comes to pass protection.
-Nick Ziegler Fansided Jan. 2017

The Seahawks and Patriots front offices/coaching staffs share similar values in o-lineman: athleticism, intelligence, versatility. Both have been dealt similar hands related to injuries, inexperience, and position shuffling.

The difference? Scheme and execution.

-Snake

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Indeed you are right BEVEL must go, but please PLEASE have Cable thrown out with him!!!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
mistaowen":13axym4i said:
Siouxhawk":13axym4i said:
Bevell merits a contract extension! Get it done.

Your schtick is obvious at this point.

Yeah, I'd put fifty on it, that at the very least there is a 3rd person relationship between the two. Fan of the TJack at the Vikings, fan of Bevell at the Vikings, fan of the Vikings. These two switch to the Seahawks. Fan of TJack at the Seahawks, fan of Bevell at the Seahawks, fan of the Seahawks, have an avatar of TJack presenting me with a pie. I defend Bevell at ever will like he is my child.

Yeah, this I think sums it up.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I laid out my background and reasoning for all to see not too long ago in a thread in the Shack. Bevell is a Seahawk coach who I believe in. Nothing more, nothing less. I fully enjoy this team and want to see them succeed. I believe he's the best fit to take an offense working under Pete's vision and have it purring for a strong playoff push. But feel free to conjure up your own interpretations as to my motives.

Latest posts