It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Let's see...
Traded away our 2nd AND 3rd round draft picks for a 9-7 season. We haven't drafted great in the last few years anyway with a bunch of picks, so hitting this time will be an uphill climb.

Looks like we are keeping the offensive line coach that has CONSISTENTLY failed to identify and develop talent, and has fielded one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL

Also looks like we are keeping an offensive coordinator who's game plans have netted nearly zero touchdown in the first quarter, and some of the most abysmal first half offensive stats in the league.

We are most likely losing Jimmy G, who accunted for 10td's in the red zone. We historically have had red zone issues with Bev, so back to that I guess.

We no longer are playing dumpster fire sub 500 teams in our division. Both the Rams and the 9ers Ave pieces in place to make our hope of division champs to enter playoffs MUCH more difficult.

We have little cap to make any FA moves unless we jettison or trade a lot of key guys that hid the inefficiencies of the coaches.

Our running game was bottom of the league, and the pieces that created this mess are still in charge, so optomism it will be fixed is a dream at best and will take a lot of luck.

We have been regressing every year since the SB loss both statistically and record wise with no real changes being made to alter this trajectory.

So...
While we do have a good QB and some young guys that are coming along well, but the above points show that we have a slim chance of Fielding a Seahawks team that will make the playoffs, let alone win any playoff games.

It has been a good run, and I will still tune in to every game and root for us, but I am prepared for the frustration that is sure to come.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I feel fine, too. Thanks, OP, for the positive perspective.

I'm excited about seeing the changes, and what the new year brings.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
johnnyfever":3jyltjvp said:
Let's see...
Traded away our 2nd AND 3rd round draft picks for a 9-7 season. We haven't drafted great in the last few years anyway with a bunch of picks, so hitting this time will be an uphill climb.

Looks like we are keeping the offensive line coach that has CONSISTENTLY failed to identify and develop talent, and has fielded one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL

Also looks like we are keeping an offensive coordinator who's game plans have netted nearly zero touchdown in the first quarter, and some of the most abysmal first half offensive stats in the league.

We are most likely losing Jimmy G, who accunted for 10td's in the red zone. We historically have had red zone issues with Bev, so back to that I guess.

We no longer are playing dumpster fire sub 500 teams in our division. Both the Rams and the 9ers Ave pieces in place to make our hope of division champs to enter playoffs MUCH more difficult.

We have little cap to make any FA moves unless we jettison or trade a lot of key guys that hid the inefficiencies of the coaches.

Our running game was bottom of the league, and the pieces that created this mess are still in charge, so optomism it will be fixed is a dream at best and will take a lot of luck.

We have been regressing every year since the SB loss both statistically and record wise with no real changes being made to alter this trajectory.

So...
While we do have a good QB and some young guys that are coming along well, but the above points show that we have a slim chance of Fielding a Seahawks team that will make the playoffs, let alone win any playoff games.

It has been a good run, and I will still tune in to every game and root for us, but I am prepared for the frustration that is sure to come.

Sounds like a losing season next year....the Jim Mora Jr has been reborn.

Rocket

Reaction score
Aros":2di62u1r said:
Seriously. I feel fine.

The whole Seahawks Nation is up in arms. "Fire this guy! Can this dude!"

Yeah going 4-4 at home will do this to you as a 12 both new and old.

Strangely, I feel fine. No, that doesn't mean complacent. It means I am okay with whatever happens this off season. My goodness we had one hell of a run. Nearly 6 years of dominance people. Who does that not named Brady and Billicheck?

I trust our ownership. I trust Wilson. I trust Baldwin. I trust Wagner. I trust NEW GEN LOB Shaq Griff!

I trust that this team will rebound and be right back in the championship conversation in 2018.

I trust YOU believe too.

Happy 2018!

Thanks for being the voice of reason here, and now. :2thumbs:
Lord knows it's needed or we'd fire everyone,
even some people who aren't in the organization. :34853_doh:

Ambrose83

Reaction score
No.. there is being optimistic , then we have denial....

Things will get worse before they get better.. they have got worse yearly since that one play.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Ambrose83":8jfhud6w said:

Things will get worse before they get better.. they have got worse yearly since that one play.

What you're experiencing is called "fixation."

Let it go. Your life will be better, as will your outlook. Promise! :2thumbs:

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":8kbfv8qu said:
Ambrose83":8kbfv8qu said:

What you're experiencing is called "fixation."

Let it go. Your life will be better, as will your outlook. Promise! :2thumbs:

Lol im not losing sleep over it, but to expect drastic change without changes in coaching is simply ridicously stupid.

chris98251

Reaction score
Looks like there will be a employment opportunity next season.

turdPolishersUnion.jpg

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I see a lot of folks with faith in the defense but who wants to watch the late term abortion that is our offense.

The rest of the division smiled when they found out the offense would be the same.

In the NFL if your not innovating your dead.

This good run game equals playoffs is stupid. A lot of good teams run the ball well because teams fear getting beat over the top. Nobody fears anything about the Seahawks offense except The RW scramble. But how long can he continue to do it?