Jadeveon Clowney has been a massive bust in Tennessee

Fade

Reaction score
PNW":268pkig8 said:
Clowney blackballed the Seahawks and was refusing to work with us on a reasonable offer. He completely overestimated his worth on the open market. This guy wasn’t even trying to work with us and wanted the Hawks to pay him Khalil Mack and Aaron Donald type of money lmao!!!!! He’s not even as dominant as Donald’s big toe gtfo Clowney is a straight up Clown. I don’t wish him any injuries however when is see him struggle and not live up to his price I can’t help but chuckle lol

Yep, he got in his feelings.

Seattle was trying to negotiate in good faith, and Seattle came up to his asking price which I believe was at $15M at the time, then Clowney asked for more. That's a no-no.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Clowney had a few incredible performances last year -- but in the majority, he was very average. The one point I'll add is that he frequently got double-teamed which sometimes opened up opportunities for others. I'd rather have him on our team than not have him -- but the money he was asking for would have drained funds from other areas.

diver110

Reaction score
I agree we should not overpay. But given all of the problems we have on defense, I have to believe he would still make it better.

PNW

Reaction score
Surprise surprise Clowney is injured.... this is another reason he wasn’t gonna get more than $12mill a year on the open market.

PNW

Reaction score
Anyone else watching Clowney tonight? So far not impressed at all....
*updated.....he did make a decent play on the RB on 4th and 1

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Clowney has turned in a very productive performance so far tonight. You got bad glasses PNW.

Just my opinion that Clowney's pre-season negotiations were caused by bad agent influence. He changed agent toward the end, and finally signed for something like $12M IIRC. Also my opinion he would have been our best DL had he signed with us.

PNW

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1dkjvx6d said:
Clowney has turned in a very productive performance so far tonight. You got bad glasses PNW.

Just my opinion that Clowney's pre-season negotiations were caused by bad agent influence. He changed agent toward the end, and finally signed for something like $12M IIRC. Also my opinion he would have been our best DL had he signed with us.
Agree to disagree, one tackle in the backfield, however the RB drug him a few yards and still got a first down, the other one play I gave him credit for was decent, although the tackle was slow getting off the snap, so it was more 50% Clowney and 50% OL not doing his job. Other than that I haven’t seen much from him. Been watching him every play he’s in, even rewinding to double check. Not impressive at all. I believe Carlos is better than clowney, but yes he would be our second best DL besides him, which isn’t saying much.

*edited Clowney did just make a nice TFL right after I hit submit haha

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1lyzagkk said:

Yup. 12 million on 1 year, with the potential to earn 3 million more in incentives.

kf3339

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3lkfu9bu said:

kf3339

Reaction score
I saw a couple of nice plays from him tonight. The one tackle for loss was perfect. He also got dragged from the backfield by an RB several yards who got a first down. He played the run pretty well, but little pass rush at all.

A good player at $5-7m per year. Problem was he wanted elite pass rush money. He needs a major production push going forward to even justify his current salary.

PNW

Reaction score
kf3339":3fk18y1y said:
I saw a couple of nice plays from him tonight. The one tackle for loss was perfect. He also got dragged from the backfield by an RB several yards who got a first down. He played the run pretty well, but little pass rush at all.

A good player at $5-7m per year. Problem was he wanted elite pass rush money. He needs a major production push going forward to even justify his current salary.
Agreed!

PNW

Reaction score
Yikes!!! DISAPPOINTMENT to say the least!!! Glad we dodged that bullet

seabowl

Reaction score
Out for the year. Can't stay healthy.

chrispy

Reaction score
... wasn't there a thread recently about how terrible a GM we have.... I'd bet 90% of other teams' GMs would have kept Clowney as opposed to going into the season with the PAssrush the Seahawks had....

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
This is the kind of thing that happens when you miss training camp every year.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
This is an example of what happens if you play football for an extensive amount of time. Russ is like some sort of super human athlete. Unbelievably fortunate regards to injury. Bobby Wagner too. But other than those two, who else on our team has escaped loss of significant PT to injury? Anyone?
There's a reason why the average pro football career is something like 4 years. That's why Lynch preaches "take care yo chickens".