Jake Bobo's trade value after pre-season games?

toffee

Reaction score
This is a click bait and a joke, for the record, I want Bobo on our team. For the last two weeks before the season starts, let's have some laughs, therefore, what's the trade value of Jake Bobo? Please do not take this thread seriously, it's a joke.

As UDFA, do we have rights on him? if somehow, our offer wasn't acceptable to Bobo, can he just go ahead with sign with other suitors? For the ones that we have drafted, the draftee could sit for a year and re-enter the draft? What about UDFA? Also, would teams offer future draft picks to trade for a current UDFA?

Jville

Reaction score
Trade values collapse coming out of preseason and going into roster cuts for the regular season.

No joke. I kid you not.

NoGain

Reaction score
Two firsts, a swap of a fourth round pick for a third, and a replacement for Bobo at WR.

sutz

Reaction score
Trade values collapse coming out of preseason and going into roster cuts for the regular season.

No joke. I kid you not.
Yeah, the market kind of gets flooded. I think he'll make the 53, or they might cut him and re-sign after someone else makes the roster and goes on IR after the deadline.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
As UDFA, do we have rights on him? if somehow, our offer wasn't acceptable to Bobo, can he just go ahead with sign with other suitors? For the ones that we have drafted, the draftee could sit for a year and re-enter the draft? What about UDFA? Also, would teams offer future draft picks to trade for a current UDFA?
Yes, we do have the rights to every UDFA that we sign. I don't know the duration of the contract... but my best guess is 3 years for those that make the final 53.

It's certainly not a one-year contract... and VERY likely not a two-year contract...and 4 years seems too long... so I settled on three.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Let me try to understand @onanygivensunday , we sign an UDFA after the draft is over, that contract is good for say 3 years? At this point of trimming down to 53, all we have to do is keep and not cut the say UDFA, he will be ours contractually for 3 years?

Most UDFA signed for pennies, lol, so one could theoretically have a real cheap team by having tonnes of UDFAs?

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Let me try to understand @onanygivensunday , we sign an UDFA after the draft is over, that contract is good for say 3 years? At this point of trimming down to 53, all we have to do is keep and not cut the say UDFA, he will be ours contractually for 3 years?

Most UDFA signed for pennies, lol, so one could theoretically have a real cheap team by having tonnes of UDFAs?
According to over the cap it is a 3 year contract, he would have a salary of $750k rising ot $1.03m ig he stays through ot 2026.
You would have a real cheap team having tonnes of UDFAs but it is hard to find any guys who can compete in the NFL who were completely overlooked by 31 other teams, finding "a ton" would be pretty much impossible.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score

No joke. I kid you not.
Supply and demand. Lots of surplus players to choose from with no capital expenditure.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score

I guessed right... 3 years.

Source: https://sportslulu.com/udfa-deal-meaning