Jamal Adams will be playing next Monday

ivotuk

Reaction score
Not being able to catch an Int has nothing to do with coverage skills
I remember Earl Thomas' hands turning to stone now and then. A Free Safety should have more INTs than a Strong Safety. Earl averaged 3 per year. Kam Chancellor averaged 1.5 per year.

Jamal has 4 in 71 games which is just under 1 per year at 0.8

I used to fall for that "bad in coverage" story too until I did a little investigating. Bad hands are why wide receivers end up as DBs.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't mind them waiting until after the bye with anyone who is dinged up and/or could use the rest.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly the response I expected. But thanks for playing. Lighten up, Francis.
Any chance to take a shot at Adams, congrats.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
When Adams came here in his first year watching him play I seriously thought he was the fastest defender I’ve ever seen. On so many plays he looked like he was shot out of a cannon so if he can bring some of that it’s 100% going to help our defense.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Adams and Witherspoon are both aggressive, and violent hitters. This can be a huge plus, but as we saw Witherspoon bite on the flea-flicker, it can be taken advantage of.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
My neighbor has a GTO he's been working on in his garage for the past couple of years. It's a thing of beauty, but whenever he rolled it out onto the street ready to cut it loose something would go wrong and back to the garage it would go for more repairs. This past summer he finally got it going. I know this because I can hear the thing. Sounds like an army of lions patrolling the neighborhood. That's Adams. Heart of a lion under his hood. The injuries though unfortunately would send him back to the garage year after year. But... once he gets those repairs taken care of (please 🙏 football gods let it be this year) watch out!! He will be a force to be reckoned with.

GemCity

Reaction score
Man…if he’s even close to form….

Totally get the coverage concern…but I’m more interested in him blowing up the backfield as he’s one of the best at doing so.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score

Totally get the coverage concern…but I’m more interested in him blowing up the backfield as he’s one of the best at doing so.
Agreed. This is a strength of his game. Pressure on the QB, playing around the line and disrupting plays. We need the x-factor in pressure to help the secondary reach it's true potential. His style of play tends to be boom or bust. When he booms, it can be spectacular...but his busts have often come at terrible times. Often in the way of being 3+ yards away from a responsibility in coverage.

Last edited:

RiverDog

Reaction score

That's how he injured his quad last year. I can't imagine him playing with reckless abandon right from the get-to as you're suggesting.