James Carpenter still a fat out of shape slob?

The Dirty Truth

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":36ky5s3o said:
So many false claims on this thread. First off, the Rams rank dead last in pass rush going into the game and still rank dead last in pass rush after the game. That's using advanced metrics. Going by just sacks, the Rams had ONE going into the game and now have FIVE.

So no, that is not a good Dline we were facing, that is the worst the NFL has to offer.

Our oline, meanwhile, was ranked dead last in 2013 for pass pro. This year they're ranked in the mid 20's. That's only because they've been facing teams like the Rams, with horrible pass rushing units. Unlike last season, when they faced top 10 defenses in 11 of 16 games, this year they've yet to face dominant defensive fronts.

God help Wilson when they do. This oline is possibly the worst at pass protection I've ever seen in my lifetime going back to when I first started watching football the season of SB V.

Give it a rest already. We had over 300 yards passing.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Hawkfish":3vhxiv3v said:
I think both he and Okung wont' be on the team next year. Left side of our line is horrible.

Harsh reality alert:

Wasn't the left side the better side, not long ago...? Like pre-season...

Agree that Carp would be fine if Unger was back and healthy.

Largent80

Reaction score
Damn, this entire o-line leaves a LOT to be desired. Really the only guy with upside is the rookie.

hawk45

Reaction score
Can't give anyone a pass on the basis they were playing the all-world ram DL...which had 1 sack on the season prior. Yes we get their best shot but come on.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I remember when Carpenter left for a bit. Is it me or when we came out the 2nd half using Alvin Bailey as a 2nd blocker we did really well. I think Bailey would be great for pass protection.

Latest posts