Jarran Reed 10.5 sacks?

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
drrew":1nmycbvf said:
Reed also had 50 tackles which is about 10th in the league for interior DL.

Combining that with the sacks is just incredible.

The tackles are nice, PFF rates him as pretty average against the run. I see him make tackles down field, I wish he made more plays in the backfield against the run.

I hope we add some depth behind him and Ford. I think Stephen is pretty underwhelming.

Jac

Reaction score
chris98251":17o08v9u said:
Not bad for a guy who came out and they said he doesn't pressure the QB but just eats up space.

Here's that part of his scouting report on NFL.com. Another example of how you need to wait to see how a player is coached up, who he plays next to, how he physically develops, etc.

"WEAKNESSES Ineffective pass rusher. Was subbed out for on obvious passing downs. Straight-­line pass rusher unable to turn a corner and generate heat inside the pocket. Had just two sacks and sixteen quarterback pressures during his two years with Alabama. Bull­rush is missing. Average foot quickness and lacking upfield explosion out of stance to play in a one­-gap scheme. His hand work is very average as a pass rusher."

jlwaters1

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":2o6e3p20 said:
Unbelievable season for Reed. My gosh did he step up his game. We haven't had consistent interior pressure since Clinton McDonald.

Nonsense. The perception of McDonald on here is greatly overstated. The dude played limited reps (rotational player) only had 5.5 sacks in 1 season. But in any case I agree, Reed has been awesome this year.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
seabowl":28pqzc65 said:
SlickRick":28pqzc65 said:
That's just a beast is all

He's very good. A beast is Aaron Donald who doubled Reeds sack total. With that said I'm glad hes on the Hawks.

Maybe we have different definition as to what a "Beast" is. It's true Aaron Donald is in a league of his own. There are only 5 DT's to have 10 or more sacks this year. Reed is tied with Fletcher Cox for 3rd among DT's behind only Donald and Deforest Buckner. IMO, that makes him elite which is as good as it gets.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Heard an interesting fact on Seahawks Roundtable today: Jarran Reed is only the third interior lineman in team history to post double-digit sacks in a season. The other 2 are Hall of Famers. Cortez Kennedy and John Randle. That's some damn good company.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maulbert":1v89cqyy said:
Heard an interesting fact on Seahawks Roundtable today: Jarran Reed is only the third interior lineman in team history to post double-digit sacks in a season. The other 2 are Hall of Famers. Cortez Kennedy and John Randle. That's some damn good company.

But Randle can't be there, he was never drafted and had to have sucked. You can only get good players at the top of the draft according to our site experts and they have to produce day one and set records and have the media talk about them.

Reed is going to be a force for many years if he can stay healthy, he is a under the radar guy that shows up and disrupts as well ad make others around him better.