Jeese Williams Knee!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
sutz":1wu3n9v3 said:
RolandDeschain":1wu3n9v3 said:
Awesome! The Monstar is who I chose for my adopt-a-rookie. Obviously, it didn't work out that well yet, haha.

FIFY. ;)
Haha - well, rookie is one year only, ever, so even if he gets 10 All-Pros, my adopt-a-rookie was worthless for the year my nomination was relevant for.

godawg

Reaction score
Roland, not to worry, Jesse Da Monstar Williams, my adopt a rookie and yours, is still a rookie, albeit a redshirt. He is going to make up for his time off the field.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I hope so. I had high hopes for him; if he's healthy now, with Bryant being released, he'll have every opportunity to earn a starting spot.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Jesse Williams used to be a DT like Bryant, but then he took an arrow in the knee.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Scruggs, Hill and Williams all have serious potential so let's trust PC and the other coaches to make it happen.

Subzero717

Reaction score
BlueBlood":4ssocx61 said:
Scruggs, Hill and Williams all have serious potential so let's trust PC and the other coaches to make it happen.

They also have serious injury history concerns.

chris98251

Reaction score
The upside again is Petes philosophy, play hard and you get a chance, Red's released but not gone as of yet until he signs somewhere else. The players know big salary means a eventual trip to the unemployment line. We have let players go and offered w reduced salary to come back, Trufant and Leroy Hill are two off the top of my head. When we let the Heater go people lamented his loss, yet we have found a way to somehow supplement his talent loss I think in Wagner.

Have Faith!

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2lsdc7jl said:
McGruff":2lsdc7jl said:
Hill -> Bennett
Willaims -> Red
SCruggs -> McDonald
Avril -> Clemons

And we don't miss a beat while using all that cap room to sign Earl, Sherman, Tate and Doug . . .

I must be reading it wrong. Every guy on the right side is proven to be better than the guy on the left except Avril and Clemons are fairly close. So I dont realy know what you symbols mean. Besides 3 of 4 on left played how many games combined last year.
McGruff's post makes perfect sense to me

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2j4auxr2 said:
McGruff":2j4auxr2 said:
Lat year McDonald played better than McDonald ever has . . .

True bill and there is no reason to think he will regress.
And no reason to think Scruggs can't be a key player on the DL

Subzero717

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":13ltupbh said:
CALIHAWK1":13ltupbh said:
McGruff":13ltupbh said:
Hill -> Bennett
Willaims -> Red
SCruggs -> McDonald
Avril -> Clemons

And we don't miss a beat while using all that cap room to sign Earl, Sherman, Tate and Doug . . .

I must be reading it wrong. Every guy on the right side is proven to be better than the guy on the left except Avril and Clemons are fairly close. So I dont realy know what you symbols mean. Besides 3 of 4 on left played how many games combined last year.

Great explanation on why.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2udjehw3 said:
CALIHAWK1":2udjehw3 said:
McGruff":2udjehw3 said:
Lat year McDonald played better than McDonald ever has . . .

True bill and there is no reason to think he will regress.
And no reason to think Scruggs can't be a key player on the DL

Never said he couldnt. Simply said he is coming off injury and Mcdonald played lights out. Also Scruggs would be more of a Bennet type than Mcdonald type. So far Mcdonald and Bennet have been more productive than Scruggs. Reread all the posts.

sutz

Reaction score
Every player move comes with risk. That's why Pete & Schneid make the big bucks. They weigh the risks vs potential rewards and make tough decisions. The way this team has been put together over the past few years encourages me to think the young guys next in line can handle it. And, frankly, our coaching staff seems to have a knack for adjusting the schemes to adapt to the skill of the players available.

Once again, I figure it's unlikely we'll sign anyone in the first couple of days of FA. As usual, they'll probably wait a week or so and mine the players out there for value, not just splash. Meanwhile, they're probably spending 15 hrs a day in the film room and out scouting potential draft picks. Nobody in the league will outwork our guys.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":ygkb1ahd said:
he was a 1st round talent no question.

He was a solid 2nd round talent who may have gone as high as the late 1st, but ended up going in the 5th because his knee issues are/were believed to be chronic. He was slated as a second rounder because while he's good at what he does, he's very one-dimensional, and what he does is increasingly less valued in the NFL.

Overall, in the 5th round I loved the pick. If the knee issue proves not to be chronic and if he pans out as a player he'll be a great replacement for Bryant. If these things end up not being true, it was only a 5th round pick so who cares.

By the 5th you're hoping for solid, long-term backups and spot starters and guys with ST potential. There are a ton of guys like this in the league, and you can regularly find older versions of them (who are more short term solutions, for obvious reasons) for the vet minimum at the end of FA each off-season.

All to say that I really love high risk/high reward picks from the late 4th through the early 6th because in the grand scheme of things the risks are really low. The flyer, even if it doesn't pan out, is totally worth it, IMO.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Popeyejones":zc75yxun said:
MizzouHawkGal":zc75yxun said:
he was a 1st round talent no question.
All to say that I really love high risk/high reward picks from the late 4th through the early 6th because in the grand scheme of things the risks are really low. The flyer, even if it doesn't pan out, is totally worth it, IMO.

Agreed. We got great value on Thurmond the same way. Once you get to the mid-fourth, might as well look at least a couple times for high upside guys with character or injury issues and roll the dice. This gives you the chance to turn a fourth-round pick into a first- or second-round player talent.

SutiHawk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1sv4pppu said:
Hawkfan77":1sv4pppu said:
CALIHAWK1":1sv4pppu said:
McGruff":1sv4pppu said:
Hill -> Bennett
Willaims -> Red
SCruggs -> McDonald
Avril -> Clemons

Great explanation on why.

Arrows of transition (x is taking over y's role), not mathematical symbols in this instance.