Jeremy Lane doesn't think Gronk is that good

davdog

Reaction score
formido":3l7ti4mf said:
Great thing to say. The Giants talked smack to New England leading up to the Super Bowl and then whooped them. Quit being scared of New England. They could win, but they definitely ain't nothing to be scared of. Seattle's the team that sends every other team into a tailspin after playing, Seattle's the team that destroyed a New England-type offense in last year's Super Bowl despite being underdogs, Seattle's the team that's, what, 10-0 against SB winning QBs since Wilson joined, and SEATTLE is the team that's led the NFL in DVOA three straight years.

One team should be a little nervous and their name's not Seattle.

Why would the pats be nervous? They've already been on the losing end of a SB they were guaranteed to win. They're underdogs here as they were in the last loss to the giants. After the GB game it should be seattle that's nervous. They are the defending champs and the favorites (rightfully so).

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
I don't think these two teams like each other. Sherman trashed Brady and Lane is doing the same thing. Lane won't be in the game that often so it won't matter. Gronk won't intimidate Wagner or Chancellor.

WendellWent

Reaction score
davdog":3f09vwan said:
formido":3f09vwan said:
Great thing to say. The Giants talked smack to New England leading up to the Super Bowl and then whooped them. Quit being scared of New England. They could win, but they definitely ain't nothing to be scared of. Seattle's the team that sends every other team into a tailspin after playing, Seattle's the team that destroyed a New England-type offense in last year's Super Bowl despite being underdogs, Seattle's the team that's, what, 10-0 against SB winning QBs since Wilson joined, and SEATTLE is the team that's led the NFL in DVOA three straight years.

One team should be a little nervous and their name's not Seattle.

Why would the pats be nervous? They've already been on the losing end of a SB they were guaranteed to win. They're underdogs here as they were in the last loss to the giants. After the GB game it should be seattle that's nervous. They are the defending champs and the favorites (rightfully so).

How are they underdogs? The game is a pick em by every book in Vegas.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
He better have a big game or he's gonna look like a fool.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
So what? With the emphasis on taunting, maybe Lane is hoping to get a cheap penalty out of it. It's not like Gronk wasn't planning on playing hard until he heard Lane's quote.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
A nickel corner saying this about the guy who received all 50 All-Pro votes for his position is ridiculous. One guy isn't good enough to start at a position on his team and the guy he's running his mouth about is the best player in the game at his position.

Jeremy Lane has done some good stuff, but come on dude.

LTH

Reaction score
Id say Lane has been hangin with Sherman all week...

raisethe3

Reaction score
LOL, man, Lane shouldn't have said anything. I mean he isn't even on Sherman's or Maxwell's level.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Like this will make Gronk try extra hard haha. Its the superbowl. If you arent going 110% something is wrong with your effort and motivation

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":3vl6yzta said:
If we can shut I'M JIMMY down, I don't see why we can't shut Gronk down.
To be fair, 'I'm Jimmy' is way soft by comparison. I just don't think this will further motivate a self-motivated guy like Gronk.

BillBelichick

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1lal1mq5 said:
Like this will make Gronk try extra hard haha. Its the superbowl. If you arent going 110% something is wrong with your effort and motivation

And if you have to make comments about the best TE in the league being "not that good" something is wrong with your effort and motivation as well!

...and one of those two things actually happened!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Lol man Lane is an idiot for making those comments. Gronk is easily the best TE in the NFL. I have a ton of respect for him with the way he has come back from all the injuries.

I'll just say this, if Lane has to defend Gronk one on one, he is toast.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ugh. Count me in the camp who thinks he should have kept his mouth shut. Yes I understand it's not 2005, but why give them ANY bulletin board material? It's not like we are facing the Browns or Raiders. This team CAN beat us. Why give them extra motivation than they already will have?

Just shut up and let your play do the talking on the field.

morgulon1

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2u7udt9p said:
Buahahaha. Lane's setting himself up to look either pretty good or pretty bad following the Super Bowl. We'll see what happens, but I admire his balls either way. They're definitely not deflated.

FUNNY. On topic of the post, hopefully Gronk will do what he does..........get injured.

BillBelichick

Reaction score
morgulon1":1xz3tbkr said:
RolandDeschain":1xz3tbkr said:
Buahahaha. Lane's setting himself up to look either pretty good or pretty bad following the Super Bowl. We'll see what happens, but I admire his balls either way. They're definitely not deflated.

FUNNY. On topic of the post, hopefully Gronk will do what he does..........get injured.

I hope no one on your team gets injured and that the Pats win a hard-fought game.

The Outfield

Reaction score
The Patriots are probably desperate for ANYTHING else to talk about than deflategate, let alone bulletin board material. Bad idea, Lane. I'm disappoint.

Latest posts