Jeremy Lane doesn't think Gronk is that good

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Aros":1zxhyk5f said:
Ugh. Count me in the camp who thinks he should have kept his mouth shut. Yes I understand it's not 2005, but why give them ANY bulletin board material? It's not like we are facing the Browns or Raiders. This team CAN beat us. Why give them extra motivation than they already will have?

Just shut up and let your play do the talking on the field.
WAAHHHH, I guess you were really against Sherman calling out Peyton's arm strength before the last Super Bowl too right?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I wish Lane would have kept quiet, not sure he can back up his talk. Not worried about Sherman saying something like that because he is the best CB in the league and can back it up on the field.

marko358

Reaction score
If you need bulletin board material to play well in the Super Bowl then I have to question your chances.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
seaNOmercy":2iunytam said:
When I saw that my mind immediately went to Jerramy Stevens, lol.

Then I remembered that this isn't '05.

The funny thing is, Stevens didn't even really saying anything ridiculous. It was Joey Porter who got bent out of shape and made a huge deal out of it.

sutz

Reaction score
bmorepunk":324t6cv3 said:
A nickel corner saying this about the guy who received all 50 All-Pro votes for his position is ridiculous. One guy isn't good enough to start at a position on his team and the guy he's running his mouth about is the best player in the game at his position.

Jeremy Lane has done some good stuff, but come on dude.
Somehow, what you said doesn't really square with your screen name. :laugh:

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
News flash folks: That Shiny, Pretty Football trophy, named after some old coach, that's sitting proud@ the VMAC is ALL the AFC Champs need for their cheating ass bulletin board. This is the Game of Games. Settle in, it's just about here.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":2k9kwjni said:
seaNOmercy":2k9kwjni said:
When I saw that my mind immediately went to Jerramy Stevens, lol.

Then I remembered that this isn't '05.

The funny thing is, Stevens didn't even really saying anything ridiculous. It was Joey Porter who got bent out of shape and made a huge deal out of it.
Stevens also had a TD and what would have been the biggest catch of the game in the 4th Quarter to the 1 yard line if not called back by a phantom hold, the biggest reason we lost the game was the refs and Josh Brown choking on FGs.

drdiags

Reaction score
Lane can have his opinion but when you are a nobody, folks will rush to the defense of the named player because that is what folks/media does. My only problem with this story at this time is it allows the glaring spotlight of #DeflateGate to shift toward Lane.

He knew what he was doing and he seems to welcome the heat. I think he violated one of Pete's rules which is to protect the team. Sherman can get away with it and Lane isn't the first to say inflammatory stuff but he better back it up and the Patriots are sending him hush money for helping them out.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I don't care that he is a little cocky but he is just flat wrong about saying Gronk is not that good. Gronk is a beast and will have an impact in this game to some extent. I don't see us shutting him down, preventing him from having a big game I can see that. Lane is putting himself in a bad spot, he's going to get some scrutiny now and his mistakes will be magnified. I don't have the trust in him like I do for Sherman but I do think between Tharold Simon and Jeremy Lane that one if not both will turn out better than Maxwell after another full season competing for our #2 Cb role next year.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Gronk is that good and he is getting the ball from the best in the business.

On another note, Gronk CAN be covered. The problem is when he gets the ball he makes progress and can take a hit on top of being the best red zone target in the business. If he does have a LOB member all over him, it may be enough to reduce the number of times Brady targets him. If they just try running that trademark seam route Kam and Earl might have a very impact day.

I would rather see Kam playing the ball than laying lumber on Gronk, but Kam can never be underestimated and he could rack Gronk back to childhood. I don't know what Lane is doing, but he can cover Gronk, he just won't have a lot of success keeping him from passing the ball.

I wish we had Gronk, but I will take our defense on that any day of the week.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Gron would eat Jeremy Lane. I would trade 10 Jeremy Lanes that could all play at the same time for Gronk

Bobblehead

Reaction score
He could have at least said he was mediocre..or pedestrian.

That would have been funny.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
This stuff might matter in a regular season game where a player can lose focus. If you've made it to the Super Bowl you are already motivated. What the other team has to say will not change the outcome of the game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Considering he is an average player, saying that the BEST at his position "isn't that good" is beyond stupid.

seaNOmercy

Reaction score
I'm sure we all bring it back to memories of Stevens, but I think the key difference is that Lane plays defense... and he plays on this defense. I'm stoked to see him back and confident.

Mick063

Reaction score
Everything is relative.

Gronk is a great player, currently the best tight end in football, but I don't think he is as great as Patriot fans or the national media portray him. In other words, he isn't God in shoulder pads. If he was, Brady would throw to him every single down and the Patriots would have boat raced everyone on their schedule. He is human, capable of making mistakes, capable of getting injured, capable of being tackled short of the first down sticks.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
nolachawks":lnvdd5wx said:
On ESPN, Jeremy Lane responds to question about Gronk, "I actually don't think he's that good." I guess we will be hearing about this for the next 10 days. Whether its true or not, hold those opinions in until at least after the super bowl.
He's Polish and not that fast! But big as all get out and a load to bring down.

Btw. Lane doesn't have to cover Gronk does he...Kam and Earl are sayin' shaddup homie!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1itspo9d said:
I don't care that he is a little cocky but he is just flat wrong about saying Gronk is not that good. Gronk is a beast and will have an impact in this game to some extent. I don't see us shutting him down, preventing him from having a big game I can see that. Lane is putting himself in a bad spot, he's going to get some scrutiny now and his mistakes will be magnified. I don't have the trust in him like I do for Sherman but I do think between Tharold Simon and Jeremy Lane that one if not both will turn out better than Maxwell after another full season competing for our #2 Cb role next year.

It's just Lane being Lane, who cares?! He's like one of the those yappy little porch dogs. His comments won't affect Gronk's play one way or the other, but he could possibly sucker one of Gronk's teammates to stand up for him, thus drawing a penalty (ala Anthony Davis slamming Lane in the endzone and drawing the personal foul) :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Jeremy is pretty good at getting under peoples skin.

Latest posts