Jeremy Lane Hit out of bounds video

Exittium

Reaction score
TO me it seems he tossed up an elbow not his shoulder. Which would be why after he hit lane he moved forward to square him up, due to the momentum from lanes helmet to the dudes elbow. And lets not forget about the quick throat jab and all that lovely holding lol

253hawk

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":gu5eda4k said:
Right, I remember this. Pretty huge when it happened, and I think was instrumental in getting some rules changed with folks on the sidelines, right?

I don't recall any rules being changed, but the NFL sent out a league-wide memo reminding everyone about the sideline zones and rules because they had been pretty lax about it for so long. http://www.cincyjungle.com/2010/12/17/1 ... vements-on

I've gone over the play several times in frame-by-frame and it just looks more intentional with each view. Every other person on the sideline attempts to get out of the way except for the coach who hits Lane (whom I believe to be is Ray Hicks, a strength & conditioning coach.) From the moment he comes into frame, he's looking directly at Lane the whole time. As Lane approaches, he takes a step toward the yellow line and begins to crouch with his legs a little bit. Just as Lane is about to fall into him, he lift his body and elbow upward and into Lane. Every other rational person on the sideline had ample time to see, react and get out of the way. Hicks stood his ground and made a conscious decision to make contact as evidence by Lane going down to the ground hard while Hicks doesn't budge an inch (and in fact is still moving forward slightly from his initial direction of force.)

Furthermore, there are way too many personnel standing between the yellow line and the sideline; a total distance of 6'. If that first cluster of players and coaches isn't in the way, Lane doesn't have to go behind them and run into Hicks in the first place. Most of them should be at least 12' back.

restricted-area.jpg

hannibalking

Reaction score
I just can't believe there are people out there who are convinced it was completely unintentional.

Starrman44

Reaction score
I have no doubt it was intentional.

Also, I was all for Navarro Bowman recovering the fumble on the goal line and was subsequently happy when we fumbled the next play. Anybody could ask my wife and she would confirm.

I have no doubt that the hit out of bounds caused Jeremy Lane to not be down there on the punt coverage to recover the fumble.

Cartire

Reaction score
The key is in the feet placement. His right foot comes obviously forward to make the hit. If he was trying to get out of the way, he would have stepped back.

Will I

Reaction score
It's not as cut and dry as some would like to believe. Fines have already been handed out for the Championship games. Doubt we see anything come out of it.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Will I":3nnd2tgl said:
It's not as cut and dry as some would like to believe. Fines have already been handed out for the Championship games. Doubt we see anything come out of it.

Not cut and dry? DID YOU WATCH THE VIDEO???

Would LOVE to hear whats not cut and dry about that. That video is the very definition of cut and dry.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
H4WKSF4N":x0wnmiki said:
Any news on this or is the NFL just hoping it just goes away?

My guess is the NFL doesn't want this to detract from the super bowl. Might hear something after the game.

253hawk

Reaction score
Or the Pro Bowl. I still see people blowing up ESPN reporters and the NFL about it on twitter. There is an investigation going on, so don't count anything out until they've said they're finished.

Will I

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1c2ql5rg said:
Will I":1c2ql5rg said:

Would LOVE to hear whats not cut and dry about that. That video is the very definition of cut and dry.

You mean the video with only ONE angle and the fact that the incident takes place behind another person blocking most of what we can see? So what you "see" happening is based on actions of someone's foot moving forward instead of backwards etc... Then yes I've seen the video. It may appear to you to be cut and dry, but it is anything BUT the definition of it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Funny how I've seen nothing about the all-22 view of it. That should show everything. I don't think Rog wants to fine one of "the legacy" teams unless he REALLY has to (see the Tomlin incident).

Cartire

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":8kb1gjbl said:
Funny how I've seen nothing about the all-22 view of it. That should show everything. I don't think Rog wants to fine one of "the legacy" teams unless he REALLY has to (see the Tomlin incident).

You can't see anything extra on the All-22. You can only see the gunners on the sideline view. On the end zone view, you don't see the gunners till after the hit has taken place because it zooms out after the kick.

That being said. It's more then obvious because of his right foot being behind the flag. Then he lifts his leg as he's pushing his shoulder forward and plants it I front of him.

You would not step forward if you were trying to get out of the way.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Will I":16te7kxj said:
Hawkpower":16te7kxj said:
Will I":16te7kxj said:

You mean the video with only ONE angle and the fact that the incident takes place behind another person blocking most of what we can see? So what you "see" happening is based on actions of someone's foot moving forward instead of backwards etc... Then yes I've seen the video. It may appear to you to be cut and dry, but it is anything BUT the definition of it.

Its not just his foot.

Watch the video.

Its his shoulder, his elbow, his foot, he LEANS IN, the fact he stares him down before and after the collision.

NOT the actions of someone "getting out of the way"

Your continued defense of that punk's CUT AND DRY dirty play is weird. You are on your own man. No one has any idea where you are coming from . Perhaps you are a relative. Its all I can think of at this point.

carry on.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Hawkpower":mth27b1h said:
Will I":mth27b1h said:
Hawkpower":mth27b1h said:
Will I":mth27b1h said:

Its not just his foot.

Watch the video.

Its his shoulder, his elbow, his foot, he LEANS IN, the fact he stares him down before and after the collision.

Your continued defense of that punk's CUT AND DRY dirty play is weird. You are on your own man. No one has any idea where you are coming from . Perhaps you are a relative. Its all I can think of at this point.

carry on.

That is to me the most damning evidence of any. I think it's clear that he was trying to hit Lane simply from how the collision happened and how EVERYONE was able to get out of the way but that one guy Who Was Looking At Lane The Entire Time, could not.

But the fact that he stared him down before, during, and after the collision and clearly says something to Lane (which looks like he's calling him a B!tch) does not say "incidental contact" to me. Sorry this was a punk move just like when I used to play basketball and guys would try to bump/foul you but play it off like "I was trying to jump back". This guy was too into the rivalry and wanted to make his presence felt.

With that I think it's REALLY important that the guy is disciplined. This is already a heated rivalry and the Last Thing the NFL needs is for things to carry over to off the field. Keep it on the field of play, any BS like that is uncalled for and liable to work into something much bigger and damaging to the teams and to the NFL!!!

Will I

Reaction score
Hawkpower":12izmadk said:
Will I":12izmadk said:
Hawkpower":12izmadk said:
Will I":12izmadk said:

Its not just his foot.

Watch the video.

carry on.

Like I said, "etc." If it's so cut and dry why was there not a ruling and a fine this week? That's because as much as some are saying, it is not.

I can see where it appears that it is intentional, but I can also see where it may not be.

As far as being on my own, I'm ok with that. But don't be surprised if nothing comes of this.

Joey13091

Reaction score
Will I":jxfsh6rj said:
Hawkpower":jxfsh6rj said:
Will I":jxfsh6rj said:
Hawkpower":jxfsh6rj said:
Will I said:

Its not just his foot.

Watch the video.

carry on.

Like I said, "etc." If it's so cut and dry why was there not a ruling and a fine this week? That's because as much as some are saying, it is not.

I can see where it appears that it is intentional, but I can also see where it may not be.

As far as being on my own, I'm ok with that. But don't be surprised if nothing comes of this.

Unless you are blind, this is as clear as it gets.

But Even if nothing comes from it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Will I

Reaction score
Joey13091":zmv19seo said:
Unless you are blind, this is as clear as it gets.

But Even if nothing comes from it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

It IS NOT as clear as it gets.

But I do agree that even if nothing comes from it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

My POV, doesn't mean I'm blind though, just see things differently.

253hawk

Reaction score
No innocent, rational person in that situation braces for impact and steps into it without being so much as knocked back an inch by someone running right into them. Even if you can't get out of the way, you'd reflexively put your arms out in that situation and give a little ground. Call me a homer but I can't see anything except bad intentions there.