Jerome Bettis in HOF

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Did you know he's from Detroit, and has a ***SBXL*** ring? He and Rothlisberger were stellar in that game.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
I understand he has the bulk numbers and he's a great player, and definitely don't have a problem with him being in the HOF one day, but him getting in over Pace & Harrison today....something isn't right with that.

Erebus

Reaction score
Wait, what? Jerome Bettis is from Detroit? And he played in the Super Bowl there? Why didn't the media mention this during the two weeks leading up to XL?

OP
OP
HawKnPeppa

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3rtzt2mp said:
I understand he has the bulk numbers and he's a great player, and definitely don't have a problem with him being in the HOF one day, but him getting in over Pace & Harrison today....something isn't right with that.
Seriously, this pretty much mirrors my thoughts on the matter. Regarding RB's from his era, too bad Terrell Davis's career was cut short, but Ladanian Thomlinson is clearly better than Bettis, IMO.

jkitsune

Reaction score
I've heard people saying they think Roethlisberger is a future hall of famer. Leaving aside my hatred for him particularly, there's nothing he's done in the league that's so special he deserves that consideration.

BASF

Reaction score
So, you're telling me that a guy who never lead the league in rushing, never lead the league in rushing touchdowns, never lead the league in yards per attempt, and only had more than 4 yards a carry four time in his thirteen year career is a Hall Of Famer? The man had double digit touchdowns twice in his career. TWICE! In thirteen years. The only reason he got his second one, was the Steelers got him a ton of carries inside the two yard line. Today, the Hall Of Fame for the NFL no longer matters. Hey, this guy was better than mediocre for thirteen years, let's put him in the Hall. Stupid.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1ab9khla said:
I hate that he goes into the HoF the night before our SB.

Please tell me it's not foreshadowing. :pukeface: I've been nervous about how the officials are going to call this game all week.
It's not foreshadowing. We are the 12th team to make it back to the Superbowl the next year after appearing. With another 12, it foreshadows another win!

CANHawk

Reaction score
BASF":22gr4m6o said:
So, you're telling me that a guy who never lead the league in rushing, never lead the league in rushing touchdowns, never lead the league in yards per attempt, and only had more than 4 yards a carry four time in his thirteen year career is a Hall Of Famer? The man had double digit touchdowns twice in his career. TWICE! In thirteen years. The only reason he got his second one, was the Steelers got him a ton of carries inside the two yard line. Today, the Hall Of Fame for the NFL no longer matters. Hey, this guy was better than mediocre for thirteen years, let's put him in the Hall. Stupid.
But he's cute and cuddly and media friendly. That matters way more than what happens on the field........ To the asshat media clowns that control who goes and who doesn't.

lucky49

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2g9fesry said:
dontbelikethat":2g9fesry said:
Seriously, this pretty much mirrors my thoughts on the matter. Regarding RB's from his era, too bad Terrell Davis's career was cut short, but Ladanian Thomlinson is clearly better than Bettis, IMO.

LT won't be eligible for a couple years

hawknation2015

Reaction score
It's well deserved.

Jerome "The Bus" Bettis: 674 yards (3.4 yards/carry) and 9 TDs in 14 playoff games.

Marshawn "BEAST MODE" Lynch: 815 yards (5.0 yards/carry) and 8 TDs in 9 playoff games.

Crizilla

Reaction score
If he played for the Jaguars or some random team he wouldnt be in

also, this better mean Lynch will get into the HOF

lsheldon

Reaction score
This about sums it up:

BASF":262x5m6r said:

rideaducati

Reaction score
He does NOT belong to be in the HOF. He was NEVER the best RB in any year and was NEVER spectacular in any season. I don't get how he got enough votes.. I take that back, shittsburg stealer...that's the ONLY reason.

Osprey

Reaction score
Looks like the year of the compiler, Tim Brown made it too.
:pukeface:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The standards for making the HOF just dropped bigtime because Bettis made it in.
The Rooneys still have a lot of power in this league, they got the commish (tagliabooboo) and his henchmen in stripes to hand them a Lombardi on a silver platter in XL*, and then they "worked" the idiot HOF voters to get their guy in....

The Rooney's, Kraft, and Jerruh Jones, all have huge power in this league, another thing they all have in common is they are all scum.

Latest posts