Jerruh Jones blames Hawks....

taco40

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3io8p41s said:
And I blame Jones for being the most incompetent GM in the NFL.

Keep enjoying those 8-8 seasons, dipsh*t.

You have to admit, he got one pick right, though. He didn't pick Manziel.

( But you know he was the only one in the room that really wanted him.)

taco40

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":32je9ks3 said:
Where the NFL is negligent, imo, is they haven't cited the reasons for the point of emphasis... at least I haven't read/seen it.

What I'm talking about is... there's a fair bit of press now that Seattle is responsible for it.. and in the absence of the NFL coming out and telling the world why, those blaming Seattle appear to be correct.

The NFL should be VERY specific about why the point of emphasis was made... and stop this speculative nonsense that Seattle is responsible for it.

I disagree. I like that the Hawks are looked upon as being the reason. Just one more way to get into their psyches. Sort of like when Phil Niekro used to be suspected of juicing his knuckleball. He did nothing to try to dissuade folks from thinking in that direction. It gave him more of an edge. Sort of like someone's signature line that talks about Richard Sherman wanting to take up residence in the opponent's head.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
DavidSeven":meumyj1j said:
Shots fired:

“We were apprised that some of these penalties that we’ve decided to make a point of emphasis in the league during the preseason are there to let the teams get ready for a real message that we intend to make an issue of defensive back holding,” said (Jerry) Jones to Shan & RJ on 105.3 The Fan Tuesday.

“It came about from Seattle, who basically played a style that would risk a holding penalty as opposed to not having an aggressive defender back there. That got a lot of complaints and you’re seeing it reflected during the preseason.”
Nice story Jerruh except we don't hold and none of the examples of defensive holding (that would be Justin Smith of the 49ers) or DPI included the Seahawks so yeah.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
irocdave":3k2w113p said:
Loved the part about " aggressive defender". That right there explains a ton about the cowpatties defensive philosophies. Also explains why there one of the worst defenses. Jerruh dumped all his money on the offensive side because that's how you win now...well, not the past now but the now NOW.
Someone should tell him it doesn't seem to be working given pathetic is pathetic regardless of the rules.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3oul9kvw said:
irocdave":3oul9kvw said:
Loved the part about " aggressive defender". That right there explains a ton about the cowpatties defensive philosophies. Also explains why there one of the worst defenses. Jerruh dumped all his money on the offensive side because that's how you win now...well, not the past now but the now NOW.
Someone should tell him it doesn't seem to be working given pathetic is pathetic regardless of the rules.
I think a bigger problem than DPI is OPI. Craptree and Dezy Bryant are masters of it. Craptree is a habitual offender.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":37zuqfq7 said:
irocdave":37zuqfq7 said:
I got two words for Crazy Uncle Jerry...... Draft Better!

When his son literally has to pull the Manziel card out of his dad's hand it shows he is a real poor evaluator of talent.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2y0rx8bo said:
MizzouHawkGal":2y0rx8bo said:
irocdave":2y0rx8bo said:
I think a bigger problem than DPI is OPI. Craptree and Dezy Bryant are masters of it. Craptree is a habitual offender.
No doubt, this rule will be gone once people question where are the OPI's? Book it.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2jpc9fvp said:
MizzouHawkGal":2jpc9fvp said:
irocdave":2jpc9fvp said:
No doubt, this rule will be gone once people question where are the OPI's? Book it.

tooshort

Reaction score
Keep on fueling the defensive fire 'boys, our team doesn't take too kindly to that kind of talk, but it doesn't hurt them, it fuels them.

And for the rest of the TTCUTTH (trying to catch up to the hawks) league, we're ready to unleash an offensive Hydra on your asses. Dangeruss, Beastmode, Harvin, ADB, Double L, The boy named Christine, ChopChop , P-rich, Turbo and more are here to ensure that any missed (or fixed) calls against us stemming from "LOB rules" mean we only win by 14 instead of 21.

Keep spewing the haterade, it's not a quenching solution. It only aids in parching the Hawks throats and increasing their thirst for Domination.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well if they won't let them pass protect just make it so they don't want to catch it, more Kam and Earl, when receivers are holding their ribs because you start knocking the snot out of them legally aka Denver pass defense becomes easier.