Jimmy Graham, Saints agree to 4-year, $40M contract

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Jimmy Graham and the New Orleans Saints reached an agreement on a four-year, $40 million contract that makes the pass-catcher the highest-paid tight end in the league, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday, per a source involved in the deal. The team later confirmed that they agreed to terms on a multi-year deal.

Graham received a $12 million signing bonus and between $20 to $21 million of the deal is guaranteed, Rapoport reported. Graham will carry a $4 million cap number for 2014. He will earn $21 million over the first two years of the contract and $30 million over three years.

The tight end's new contract places him above Rob Gronkowski's annual average salary of $9 million per season. Graham also got a higher guaranteed number than Gronk's $16.5 million on the Patriots' six-year, $53 million extension signed in 2012.

The four-year pact gives Graham another shot at free agency when he is 31 years old.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000 ... _atl_patra

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I don't know if any of you play video games, but there's thing this called "metagame" where the game's balance continually shifts despite the overall same pieces as people try to find the best counters to how people currently play the game. I feel like a lot of teams went to receiving tight ends as teams couldn't handle it having smaller players on the secondary. I think if the Seahawks continue to work this path for a few more years and prove their currently style is the answer to the once effective receiving tight ends path, the game will shift again.

samwize77

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3qtgjijj said:
I wonder if he'll still disappear against us?
He didn't completely disappear. He just didn't want a ride on the KamTrak.

homerun1970

Reaction score
He sure looked as though he wanted to completely disappear. If a hole had opened in the turf he would have gladly taken hell over what he saw coming.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
With just Brees and Jimmy-how much of next years cap do they hit it for?

Jville

Reaction score
Nothing phony or inflated about the reported Saints/Graham numbers. They are for real. >>> [urltargetblank]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/17/graham-gets-a-real-10-million-a-year/[/urltargetblank]

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1zp9vmt3 said:
With just Brees and Jimmy-how much of next years cap do they hit it for?

By next year I am guessing you mean 2015. Graham will count $11M and Brees is on track to count $26.5M, but it is anticipated that Brees will restructure and extend to radically lower the 2015 and 2016 cap hits.