Jimmy Graham to sign with Packers

drrew

Reaction score
Speculation is that the Saints now turn to ASJ as their primary TE target.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I imagine they will be smart enough to split him out most of the time not try and have him block.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
With Jimmy Graham gone, a totally JS thing to do would be to sign Jordy Nelson to big coin - only to find out that he ends up being nowhere near the threat he was because he does not have Aaron Rodgers.

Let us hope we don't see this scenario as a terrible side-effect of losing Graham.

chris98251

Reaction score
Shaquem Griffin runs at Graham, Graham runs a different route to avoid Griffen, Rodgers has a meltdown in the huddle.

One can dream, and where cold weather can numb it can also make things like getting hit hurt a lot longer.

adeltaY

Reaction score
chris98251":32c3nxj9 said:
Shaquem Griffin runs at Graham, Graham runs a different route to avoid Griffen, Rodgers has a meltdown in the huddle.

One can dream, and where cold weather can numb it can also make things like getting hit hurt a lot longer.

Or just throws the slant to Davante.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Sad to see him go but wish him well.
Not sure he's going to like playing in the chill of GB though.

Rodgers' style is similar to Brees - only better (and with a better arm) so maybe it'll be a couple great seasons for them.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Jordy Nelson's stock is low right now. He's going to be 33, he's had some recent injuries, and he's coming off his worst statistical season.

But when you actually look at his numbers in detail, he was quite good when Aaron Rodgers was healthy and playing. Nelson had 230 yards and six TDs in his first four games with Rodgers.

I would sign him for $5M.

Wartooth

Reaction score
This is what I see happening...
Jimmy wiffs on a block, brittle old Arron gets drilled and broken...
Spends season on IR, Packers flame out again.

Seymour

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3u41xdkk said:
That is probably that.

I know we heard the sound of the window shutting a while ago.

But that is the sound of a door closing in our face.

Not only will teams like GB and the Eagles be leagues better than us, we likely won't even be competitive with them.

GB might have a less intimidating defense but that offense is going to be a buzzsaw.

For the Seahawks, already stuck with a defense that has pieces ripped out of it, combining that with an offense that just had its few teeth removed - it is going to be an interesting few years in Seattle.

So does a buzzsaw spit out it's teeth much like Jimmy drops balls at league leading rates then? :snack:

RCATES

Reaction score
Kinda wished we landed ASJ before JG landed somewhere. No way we outbid NO or the Jets now. Hawks offense was hard to watch last year. This year will be even more (insert) poopemoji

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
He won't be asked to block there, and he won't be sat on crucial downs or red-zone drives. I predict at least two monster seasons from him.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Should be a better fit in GB than in Seattle. Bevell blew the opportunity for the most part. He made some nice TDs for us, but what left a mark in my memory were all the dropped passes he had. Would rather see his money go elsewhere

Blitzer88

Reaction score
He'll fit well there. They won't ask him to block, they will actually ask him to do what he's good at.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Still no word on money??

He has to be worth more than that turd Sammy Watkins

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Rodgers to Graham will be lethal. Bummer we have to play them again this year.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Kinger95":31suzzck said:
Still no word on money??

He has to be worth more than that turd Sammy Watkins
I'm guessing $9M/year or slightly north of that... $9.25M?