John Clayton is sick of Russell Wilson trade rumors: 'He's n

NINEster

Reaction score
Tokadub":1q4nl8ur said:
John63":1q4nl8ur said:
John Clayton is sick of Russell Wilson trade rumors: 'He's not going anywhere!' He speaks the turth

"He's not going anywhere!" the famously mild-mannered scribe said.

Asked why the rumors persist, Clayton didn't mince words.

"Bad reporting, nationwide. ... He's only said four times he wants to finish his career here in Seattle. What more does he need to say? And if you trade him, you're now one of the worst teams in football.""

https://www.audacy.com/sports/nfl/john-clayton-dismisses-russell-wilson-trade-rumors

Well John Clayton also thought Wilson wasn't a top 5 or even maybe barely top 10 QB at the start of his career. He thought Luck and RG III were way better than Wilson so... sometimes even professors make mistakes.

I'm pretty sure Clayton thought Wilson was not even a top 10 QB in his first 2 seasons.

He wasn't top 10 until at least 2015/2016.

Luck was better than Wilson, just didn't have the support system.

Wilson is vastly superior now than when he was a young QB, yet the Seahawks can't move past the divisional round since he was a 2nd year player.

What gives?

Elemas

Reaction score
This injury didn’t help. You hear all kinds of arguments. Cap being the main one. So, let’s save $12M a year and sign another Olsen? Problem solved. Trade Russ for a $20M qb, spend the savings like we have in the past. But wait…KC is still in and the last time I checked, Mahommes had a monster of a contract.

This isn’t a Russ thing. It’s a team thing. Draft better. Better coaching. Establish and keep the run game going with a strong line. If Pennys our main next year, Hello. Need a good backup. We’ve learnt our lesson or no? That’s a whole bunch of things that aren’t Russ. Work the D.

I disagree with the cap argument. That’s just hateraid bleeding through,

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Wilson isn't going anywhere. You think Pete would stick around for a rebuild? no way. anyone that thinks were trading Wilson is delusional.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":mt3ber3h said:
That is all fine and dandy, except, a lot of these trade rumors are fueled by Wilson himself. Wilson has used a lot of double speak even when not prompted by reporters. He says he wants to play here for 20 years, but then goes around and says: "I know for me personally, I hope it's not my last game (in Seattle), but at the same time, I know it won't be my last game in the NFL."

This statement is very interesting seeing as Wilson has a no-trade clause in his contract and cutting him is an impossibility due to the massive cap hit. This means whether Wilson stays, or goes is completely in Wilson's court. Carroll and Schneider don't have much control over the situation. If Wilson leaves, it is because he willed it to happen and forced himself out.

Personally, do I think Wilson leaves? No, but I do think that we are in for another circus from the Wilson camp this offseason and it would not surprise me in the least if he did end up leaving. I don't think Wilson is completely honest in the way he projects himself in the media.

^This^.

The trade rumors weren't just some random reporters looking for some click bait. Russell's own statements are ambiguous enough to where people can read a lot of things into them. His agent is the one that dropped the 4 team list.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Even after losing 16 of the last 20 to him and the Hawks?

Side note, go get that W on Sunday. I might not like either team, but what the Niners have done has been impressive. Momentum, and likely a stadium at least half full of your fans. That alone makes it more funny. Rams "fans" can't even pack their own stadium :roll: