John Schneider extension (ESPN ticker)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":38yoy7bl said:
MizzouHawkGal":38yoy7bl said:
Gee, only one to go for the Negative Nellie types. I told you these things work on deadlines and color me shocked if Pete isn't signed already.

You're a bit of a broken record there, Jo.

On-topic: WOOOOOOOO!
I know. Just know it's on purpose honey.

Highlordb

Reaction score
Sweet! i am happy to hear this news....Now just to sign Pete!

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
For all you "Positive Pollys" out there, you can't assume there was going to be a deal until it was done. It certainly made sense for both sides to get this done, but the more time went on, there were reasons to be concerned.

Glad John's locked up -- now get the coach done!

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":3ozqnkkc said:
For all you "Positive Pollys" out there, you can't assume there was going to be a deal until it was done. It certainly made sense for both sides to get this done, but the more time went on, there were reasons to be concerned.

It's one of those things (like Russell's contract last year) where in the back of your mind you're pretty confident that something will get done because it makes too much sense, but you worry a little bit until it's actually completed.

So yeah, I figured they'd get Schneider extended. I'm breathing a sigh of relief just the same!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":18nf03aa said:

Yep. Had nothing to do with positive vs negative. It was perfectly rational to be concerned.

ivotuk

Reaction score
While we're at it, let's extend Paul Allen! :mrgreen:

Contract negotiations: Schneider "Paul, I'd like 3.5 million per year."
Allen: "Sorry John, but I'm only willing to give you 3.75 million per year."
Schneider "Okay then, how about we drag this out a month or 2 just for fun?"

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Awesome news and so is the Green Bay clause being removed. Confident Pete's just around the corner though also not sure it'll be for 5 as well. Hopeful it is though.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":qxfck5zj said:
It's now being reported that the old 'Green Bay clause' is no longer in JS's contract. (For what it's worth)

http://sea.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-John-Schneider-does-not-have-Green-Bay-clause-46409892

According to SB Nation's Evan Hill, the rumored Green Bay clause did not carry over into Schneider's latest deal. The move signals a two-way street of loyalty between Schneider and the franchise......In the past, he had been reported to have a clause in his deal that would allow him to head home to Green Bay if the Packers offered him their general manager job.

Made my day, this did...

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Ian-McShane-Proud.gif

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Wellllllllll, NINEster says he's overrated so maybe we shouldn't be so happy. <shrug> He also says Baalke is underrated so maybe Paul ought to be trying to find a way to get the Trenster here and get rid of John. Wonder if the Niners would make a trade?

chris98251

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1v3ghx57 said:
Wellllllllll, NINEster says he's overrated so maybe we shouldn't be so happy. <shrug>

Well we should have held off I guess, Baalke and or Gamble getting fired would have been so much better.................

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
chris98251":28szifzm said:
hawksfansinceday1":28szifzm said:
Wellllllllll, NINEster says he's overrated so maybe we shouldn't be so happy. <shrug>

Well we should have held off I guess, Baalke and or Gamble getting fired would have been so much better.................
Added to my post after you quoted me. I'm thinking a trade. You in Hernia?