John Schneider, NFL Executive of the Year (ESPN panel)

Donk70

Reaction score
AirForceSeahawk":n1j1ybav said:
Tim Ruskell had a good start as well. Let us hope it continues.
JS is fixing everything Ruskell "did".

SeaTown81

Reaction score
AirForceSeahawk":11n6xa0m said:

When did Tim Ruskell ever find a qb?

I get the whole "let's not get ahead of ourselves" angle. But JS has done more impressive work in 3 seasons than TR did in his entire time here. Same goes for the silly "Rick Mirer had a good rookie year" comments directed at Wilson from the remaining Flynniots. Neither are analogous in the least if you compare beyond the bare basics.

rastahawk

Reaction score
I still contend that we shouldn't count Pete and John's first year here because they were basically sweeping up and throwing out the garbage from the previous tenants. At the end of last season when the talking heads were questioning their 7-9 and 7-9 seasons and praising the Niners. I thought it was a bit uninformed given the sheer lack of talent and direction they inherited. If we had gone 7-9 again this year I totally would have been okay with it because underneath it I saw a team that was good. But somehow they figured it out earlier than I expected. Next year was the year I thought they would achieve what they achieved this year. What I have always liked about this team was John and Pete built it hard nose style meaning we can beat anyone anywhere. With the finesse teams I have always felt we couldn't beat the powerhouses. Great stuff John!!!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
canfan":1s18wmce said:
AirForceSeahawk":1s18wmce said:

Seriously, you had to go there? Going to give me nightmares! A big difference is JS is trying to win. Ruskell just wanted to avoid losing, and failed miserably.
The other big difference is that JS constantly thinks outside the box while getting it right most of the time when he does and Timmmmmaaaaaaay was trapped inside the box....i.e."safe" picks only. Well that and Ruskell was an idiot too. Is there a single person on this board right now that thinks John (and Pete) would let a guy the caliber of Hutchinson walk for nothing?
I didn't think so.

SeaTown81

Reaction score
Schneider along with Carroll built their own team. Ruskell never did anything more than add on to Holmgren's team. And after the Super Bowl, as the team became more TR's, the crappier it got. The more this team becomes JS and Pete's, the better it gets. HUGE difference.

Latest posts