Jonathan Stewart is visiting Seahawks

AVL

Reaction score
What's the harm in a meeting? Does both sides good, imo. There was no travel expense and some smoke to the fire.

chris98251

Reaction score
Panthers run blocking was atrocious last year and could never get anything going

Hmmm why does this strike me as familiar and also why would we bring him in then.

If he is here to take reps ok, no guarantee and no bonus, but no nostalgia either about what ifs. He better earn it.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
First Cushings and now Stewart. Since when does rebuilding consist of trying out dinosaurs? We will not be pleasantly surprised with Johnathon Stewart. He will be much less productive here than he even was with Carolina last season.

(waiting for somebody to preach the 'no stones left unturned'}

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3j3sdnkn said:
First Cushings and now Stewart. Since when does rebuilding consist of trying out dinosaurs? We will not be pleasantly surprised with Johnathon Stewart. He will be much less productive here than he even was with Carolina last season.

Lawyer Malloy and Brandon Stokley say "Hello!"

Filling some roster holes with veterans is absolutely fine in "rebuild" phases imo. They provide great locker room presence and on-field leadership.

Not like it's a guarantee he'd even make the team.

Atradees

Reaction score
I so wanted us to draft this guy back in the day. he was a beast. The Panthers had two great backs.
Don't know much about him lately.

chris98251

Reaction score
Atradees":3ev7lty5 said:
I so wanted us to draft this guy back in the day. he was a beast. The Panthers had two great backs.

When not running behind a bad line he gets Cam a fresh towel to cry in.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Atradees":3fw6v2o1 said:
Same here, once the Alexander era abruptly died. That was so long ago, though. He's done.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":iohqrk1k said:
pittpnthrs":iohqrk1k said:

Filling some roster holes with veterans is absolutely fine in "rebuild" phases imo. They provide great locker room presence and on-field leadership.

Safety and possession receiver vs over 30 running back seriously.. horrible analogy
Yes let’s bring in the guy who was out rushed by his qb with 200 attempts awesome
Seriously is this the plan ?

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3nr1biu6 said:
There are 31 other teams to pull for. Suck it up

Lol you gonna take your ball home too ?

Well hey let’s just hope and pray everything gets better :roll:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":2izhcbh6 said:
Maelstrom787":2izhcbh6 said:
pittpnthrs":2izhcbh6 said:

Safety and possession receiver vs over 30 running back seriously.. horrible analogy
Yes let’s bring in the guy who was out rushed by his qb with 200 attempts awesome
Seriously is this the plan ?

Nice to see you're holding grudges. At least the examples I listed actually play the same sport.

I was merely giving examples of older players who've been signed by Seattle during periods where the roster is in transition. Not sure what you have against that, champ.

I have not a single thing against looking to Jonathan Stewart for depth. He might not make it through camp, and that's fine.

naholmes

Reaction score
hawkman":2l5mplfa said:
:ditto:

Signing him to guaranteed money would be a huge mistake IMO. Demarco Murray too.

Spounge84

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":22p3j7ll said:
SoulfishHawk":22p3j7ll said:
Let's assume the worst before it even happens. Yayyyyy
We are in full rebuild the WORST IS HERE NOW lol :pukeface:

You have got to be kidding me, I doubt you were ever here for the worst if you think that right now is the worst for the Hawks. They're getting rid of some vets who either haven't been living up to their contracts or have injury issues (usually both). Yes some of those players were key pieces for us in previous years, but we still have several of the other keys, notably the most important of all: a QB! That is what we never had when the hawks were at their worst, not even Hass' or T Jack's worst years were as bad as those years.

JumpmanXhawk

Reaction score
DVcXNpcXcAAa rADon't think he has too much left, the panthers Oline did all they could for their rb but their backs just couldn't produce. Look at the other teams near the top Gurley, Fournette, Kamara and Ingram all had great years, Stewart not so much. I'm all for improving but don't let people lie to you and say he didn't produce because of the panthers run blocking, because that couldn't be farther from the truth