Jonathan Stewart is visiting Seahawks

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":15nocf8w said:
Maelstrom787":15nocf8w said:
pittpnthrs":15nocf8w said:
First Cushings and now Stewart. Since when does rebuilding consist of trying out dinosaurs? We will not be pleasantly surprised with Johnathon Stewart. He will be much less productive here than he even was with Carolina last season.

(waiting for somebody to preach the 'no stones left unturned'}

Lawyer Malloy and Brandon Stokley say "Hello!"

Filling some roster holes with veterans is absolutely fine in "rebuild" phases imo. They provide great locker room presence and on-field leadership.

Not like it's a guarantee he'd even make the team.
Safety and possession receiver vs over 30 running back seriously.. horrible analogy
Yes let’s bring in the guy who was out rushed by his qb with 200 attempts awesome
Seriously is this the plan ?

Exactly. We're talking about an over 30 roided out headcase of a LB with no knees and an over 30 RB that didn't look good on a team with a better line than ours. Bring in the hungry youngsters, not the dying fossils.

mikeak

Reaction score
If we sign guys to minimum deals or similar does that get cancelled out by guys leaving on minimum deals to others or does it cancel out comp picks for the big ones we expect?

We are hoping for 3rd round for Richardson and Sheldon. As long as we have the same number of guys leaving without counting them as guys we sign as FA before June we still get good comp picks for those guys or is that not how it works?

ivotuk

Reaction score
No thank you. His body has taken a lot of punishment for a long time.

And he's played behind a good line for a long time.

No to DeMarco Murray too. His yards have been dropping while Henry's YPC have been good. So it's not the line. It's age, wear and tear, and injuries.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":159ikl5r said:
hawksincebirth":159ikl5r said:
Maelstrom787":159ikl5r said:
pittpnthrs":159ikl5r said:
First Cushings and now Stewart. Since when does rebuilding consist of trying out dinosaurs? We will not be pleasantly surprised with Johnathon Stewart. He will be much less productive here than he even was with Carolina last season.

(waiting for somebody to preach the 'no stones left unturned'}

Lawyer Malloy and Brandon Stokley say "Hello!"

Filling some roster holes with veterans is absolutely fine in "rebuild" phases imo. They provide great locker room presence and on-field leadership.

Not like it's a guarantee he'd even make the team.
Safety and possession receiver vs over 30 running back seriously.. horrible analogy
Yes let’s bring in the guy who was out rushed by his qb with 200 attempts awesome
Seriously is this the plan ?

Exactly. We're talking about an over 30 roided out headcase of a LB with no knees and an over 30 RB that didn't look good on a team with a better line than ours. Bring in the hungry youngsters, not the dying fossils.

Yeah, we are. My point is that we've done well before with kicking the tires on some old folks to provide leadership and fill holes when the team gets much younger, kind of like 2010.

Pete and John are cutting bait with a lot of guys and have a lot of holes to fill. I have no problem with them looking at some vets and maybe squeeze their last year of football out of them.

Do I have high expectations? Hell no! But I have no problem with a visit lmao. If either of these guys get signed, they're just depth and veteran locker room leadership.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1uib0ck8 said:
iigakusei":1uib0ck8 said:
Eddie Lacy Part 2 - he is done.

Yeah that's my concern as well. I don't want another vet RB with his best days behind him.
Heck I’m pretty sure his second best days are behind him.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Eddy Lacy V. 2.0

Seattle doesnt learn then Pete and JS will be out very soon.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":237j17kq said:
Lol you gonna take your ball home too ?

Well hey let’s just hope and pray everything gets better :roll:

As a fan, what else can we do? We are observers and ticket/swag purchasers. That's about all the control we have.

I suppose in addition, we can moan and complain, but that makes for lousy company... and friends don't let friends make themselves odious. :2thumbs:

SeaChat

Reaction score
I spent a little time watching his replays after hearing the Seahawks were giving him a look. His running style is a pretty good fit for us, aggressive, fast, downhill, smash mouth, running back, that can get the ball in the end zone when it counts.
Like all running backs in the NFL, they are a paid tackle dummy and injuries are inevitable. There are things that can be done to better protect them both in equipment and conditioning. I think we’d be nearsighted not to give him a serious look. He might be exactly what we’re looking for, if we can sign him at a good price.

I think we’ve got a really solid running back for the season, but we all know that can change in the blink of an eye. So it would be nice to have a couple a good back ups on hand, should that occur. Even Marshawn Lynch couldn’t stay on the field an entire season, he was out periodically with injuries throughout his career Seattle as well.
I see Carson and Davis as our lead RBs this year, with McKissick and CJ running short pass plays. CJ needs to prove he can stay healthy in the NFL, the jury is still out on that one I think.

Go Seahawks !

Rat

Reaction score
I guess any RB not on a rookie contract is now Eddie Lacy. Kind of like how every draft prospect with a high floor is now Aaron Curry.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Rat":1d23xvlk said:
I guess any RB not on a rookie contract is now Eddie Lacy. Kind of like how every draft prospect with a high floor is now Aaron Curry.
Par the course for non-analytical folks.

"Welp, that didn't work so it never will."

I'd still rather draft a back and save the money. Home Skillet can be a backup plan. Maybe use that 4th rounder on who's left from Penny, Ballage, Freeman...maybe Kelly.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
He'll be 31 and his productivity has been trending downward:
4.1 ypc in 2015.
3.8 ypc in 2016.
3.4 ypc in 2017.

His body has taken a lot of punishment, and he has definitely lost a step.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I re-watched some of Stewart's highlights from the 2017 season. He's definitely slowed down a lot. He runs a bit like Mike Davis now. I would rather re-sign Mike Davis, who is 25 and showed potential, than pay Jonathan Stewart.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Rat":2tuf972k said:

Or, as the post above mentioned, Stewart actually is an aging veteran who is on a downward spiral and will not help the run game much, and has a chance of actually hurting us.

But sure keep up with the holier than thou attitude.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rat":38cfeua8 said:

No just backs that the consensus looks at as not a fit, Lacy was Lazy and unmotivated, Stewart just has a lot of hits and mileage is higher then a team trying to rebuild needs.

original poster

Reaction score
A.D.I.D.A.S.":37ncxf26 said:
So no news and he left town I take it?

Seems that way. As I said previously, sounds like the FO is 'leaving no stone unturned'