Jordy Nelson hurt... Probably torn ACL

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
This is a big blow for the Pack. Rodgers will still be Rodgers, but the weapons are slowly drying up in GB. No more Jennings, no more Finley, and now no more Jordy.

I'm not one to cheer for an injury, but on a good note our main competition in the NFC just got quite a bit weaker.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Tough break for the Cheese turds.I know this will be their excuse after we beat them again.JN will be ok and back next year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2u4gh21n said:
This is a big blow for the Pack. Rodgers will still be Rodgers, but the weapons are slowly drying up in GB. No more Jennings, no more Finley, and now no more Jordy.

They haven't had Jennings or Finley for 2+ years. :lol:

Jordy is a loss, no doubt, but Rodgers makes that team go. Davante Adams is going to be a fine replacement. Jeff Janis has potential too.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Cyrus12":uau4yuah said:
they will be more than fine with cobb and adams. but kearse for a 7th rder...then we sign mathis...can live with that.

What is this fascination with trading Kearse?

BASF

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1c2tu853 said:
Cyrus12":1c2tu853 said:
they will be more than fine with cobb and adams. but kearse for a 7th rder...then we sign mathis...can live with that.

What is this fascination with trading Kearse?

He will be a free agent after this season and we probably will not sign him next year, so some people's logic says, we might as well trade him and get something for him instead of an ill defined compensatory pick down the road.

Smellyman

Reaction score
ringless":1cblpldr said:
dumbrabbit":1cblpldr said:
Anyone think the Packers might make a go at one the Seahawks Wide Receivers?

I don't know why everytime a WR gets injured this comes up. There are about to be 1184 players cut from their respective teams over the next couple of weeks. There are deeper WR corps than Seattles

The Hawk receiving corp is deep though.....it is also, still, quite pedestrian.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
They're taking a big step back in the NFC. Unless Adams is the real deal (which he might, but probably not Jordy level) they're marginally worst for sure. Can't afford any other injuries.

kearly

Reaction score
Cobb is going to see a lot of extra attention he wasn't getting before. That plus #1 corners.

Adams is going to be a steal in fantasy, though I'm sure his ADP has already jumped quite a bit.

Nelson is probably my favorite non-Seahawk. But he is generally pretty quiet against our team. I don't think it's likely his absence by itself will be the difference in week two. But I do think it will probably cost Green Bay a win in their other 15 games. And that could be huge for us.

endzorn

Reaction score
kearly":1l69b26x said:
Cobb is going to see a lot of extra attention he wasn't getting before. That plus #1 corners.

Adams is going to be a steal in fantasy, though I'm sure his ADP has already jumped quite a bit.

Nelson is probably my favorite non-Seahawk. But he is generally pretty quiet against our team. I don't think it's likely his absence by itself will be the difference in week two. But I do think it will probably cost Green Bay a win in their other 15 games. And that could be huge for us.
I think Nelson cost them the Buffalo game. He had two brutal drops, one a virtual guaranteed long TD. When it's all said and done I think this loss hurts Nelson more than the Packers. If Rodgers stays healthy (big if) then that offense will him along.

Smellyman

Reaction score
endzorn":23dbhb3l said:
kearly":23dbhb3l said:

I think Nelson cost them the Buffalo game. He had two brutal drops, one a virtual guaranteed long TD. When it's all said and done I think this loss hurts Nelson more than the Packers. If Rodgers stays healthy (big if) then that offense will him along.

He also probably won them a lot.

More often than not the fastest guy on the field and deadly back shoulder symmetry with Rodgers.

ptisme

Reaction score
drdiags":398hfwyv said:
Sounds like McCarthy is still holding out hope that it isn't what has been reported. It did look bad on the play but as he walked off you couldn't tell he was hurt. Maybe his demise is a bit pre-mature.
The MRI is needed to see if there are any other structures involved prior to surgery. ACL is easy to diagnose most of the time without imaging.... He's done.

NINEster

Reaction score
kearly":du4se1em said:

Jordy Nelson has yet to play the Seahawks at Lambeau Field....the whole Packers team for that matter. These things make a difference against that defense of yours.

If the Seahawks win week 2, my bet is that Nelson was the difference.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
NINEster":2toswjcn said:
kearly":2toswjcn said:

Jordy Nelson has yet to play the Seahawks at Lambeau Field....the whole Packers team for that matter. These things make a difference against that defense of yours.

If the Seahawks win week 2, my bet is that Nelson was the difference.

So pretty much any way the Seahawks win, then the team doesn't get any credit. If they win at home, they're at home, if they win at lambeau, the only reason was cause Nelson was out. Even though they already won the last 3 games they've faced each other.

What ever floats your boat and makes you feel better lmao, a win is a win.

ptisme

Reaction score
Pack will be fine. Next man up for Rodgers to make into a pro bowler....

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":1huf72q8 said:
They're taking a big step back in the NFC. Unless Adams is the real deal (which he might, but probably not Jordy level) they're marginally worst for sure. Can't afford any other injuries.

As long as #12 is healthy, they are going to be fine. Again it's a loss, but not the death blow some people are saying it will be. Davante Adams is a stud and Eddie Lacy brings them more balance than they've had in recent years.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
drdiags":1s1oekzd said:
Sounds like McCarthy is still holding out hope that it isn't what has been reported. It did look bad on the play but as he walked off you couldn't tell he was hurt. Maybe his demise is a bit pre-mature.

Eh.. you can still walk with a torn ACL. Wouldn't read anything into that. The concern is probably if the rest of his knee is damaged

drdiags

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1h0opofn said:
drdiags":1h0opofn said:

Eh.. you can still walk with a torn ACL. Wouldn't read anything into that. The concern is probably if the rest of his knee is damaged

Thanks but I am not a medical expert so was just giving an un-informed opinion. I will have to trust yours on this matter. Thanks for the info.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
drdiags":2vkixyo4 said:
Hasselbeck":2vkixyo4 said:
drdiags":2vkixyo4 said:

Thanks but I am not a medical expert so was just giving an un-informed opinion. I will have to trust yours on this matter. Thanks for the info.

What kind of doctor are you?! ;)

Latest posts