Jordy Nelson hurt... Probably torn ACL

byau

Reaction score
drdiags":3tbf9xhh said:
Hasselbeck":3tbf9xhh said:
drdiags":3tbf9xhh said:
Sounds like McCarthy is still holding out hope that it isn't what has been reported. It did look bad on the play but as he walked off you couldn't tell he was hurt. Maybe his demise is a bit pre-mature.

Eh.. you can still walk with a torn ACL. Wouldn't read anything into that. The concern is probably if the rest of his knee is damaged

Thanks but I am not a medical expert so was just giving an un-informed opinion. I will have to trust yours on this matter. Thanks for the info.

Put me in the camp that I do hope it's premature and he's okay. Injuries suck :( And for a premier guy to have to sit out a full season... major suckage

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ptisme":3g3szwky said:
Pack will be fine. Next man up for Rodgers to make into a pro bowler....

idk, I think it's a much bigger blow than this. Nelson is by far the Packers most consistent ball catcher and playmaker. Plus the Packers rely on spreading out their formations, so when they go into their 3&4 WR sets, it's going to be tough on Rodgers with just two dependable targets in Adams and Cobb.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CBS58/status/635922242010918914[/tweet]

I'm assuming that means the MRI confirmed it's an ACL tear.

massari

Reaction score
The Seahawks won't have to face WR's Nelson, Benjamin, Kevin White now in the first 6 weeks of the schedule.

Am I missing anyone?

ptisme

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3tw9i7e3 said:
ptisme":3tw9i7e3 said:
drdiags":3tw9i7e3 said:
Sounds like McCarthy is still holding out hope that it isn't what has been reported. It did look bad on the play but as he walked off you couldn't tell he was hurt. Maybe his demise is a bit pre-mature.
The MRI is needed to see if there are any other structures involved prior to surgery. ACL is easy to diagnose most of the time without imaging.... He's done.

Man, in all seriousness, that sucks for you guys. Has no effect on the outcome of week 2 (guaranteed Seahawks win), but still sucks for you guys.
Why does this shlt always happen to us????? I agree it won't efffect the outcome in week 2: You'll come to Lambeau and get beat:)

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3ceuq6v8 said:
Hawk-Lock":3ceuq6v8 said:
This is a big blow for the Pack. Rodgers will still be Rodgers, but the weapons are slowly drying up in GB. No more Jennings, no more Finley, and now no more Jordy.

They haven't had Jennings or Finley for 2+ years. :lol:

Jordy is a loss, no doubt, but Rodgers makes that team go. Davante Adams is going to be a fine replacement. Jeff Janis has potential too.

I know they haven't been on the team in years, I'm just saying over a period of time, they have lost a lot on the outside. What was once a receiving core of Jennings, Jordy, Cobb, and Finley is now Cobb, Adams and some young guys. Cobb by no means is a #1 WR. I think he benefits from Rodgers, the Packers system and running routes opposite of Jordy.

ptisme

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3q3xr291 said:
ptisme":3q3xr291 said:

idk, I think it's a much bigger blow than this. Nelson is by far the Packers most consistent ball catcher and playmaker. Plus the Packers rely on spreading out their formations, so when they go into their 3&4 WR sets, it's going to be tough on Rodgers with just two dependable targets in Adams and Cobb.
I agree with that probably early in the season.... I think by the time the playoffs come around there will be a couple guys that make people forget momentarily about Jordy....

ptisme

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":26q9e6if said:
Hasselbeck":26q9e6if said:
Hawk-Lock":26q9e6if said:
This is a big blow for the Pack. Rodgers will still be Rodgers, but the weapons are slowly drying up in GB. No more Jennings, no more Finley, and now no more Jordy.

They haven't had Jennings or Finley for 2+ years. :lol:

Jordy is a loss, no doubt, but Rodgers makes that team go. Davante Adams is going to be a fine replacement. Jeff Janis has potential too.

I know they haven't been on the team in years, I'm just saying over a period of time, they have lost a lot on the outside. What was once a receiving core of Jennings, Jordy, Cobb, and Finley is now Cobb, Adams and some young guys. Cobb by no means is a #1 WR. I think he benefits from Rodgers, the Packers system and running routes opposite of Jordy.
Jordy also benefits from Rodgers. Jordy is no Dez Bryant or Julio Jones.... I think the Seahawks shut him down as I recall....I think at some point this season Devante Adams will make people forget about Jordy Nelson.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ptisme":rh3hh0oj said:
Sgt. Largent":rh3hh0oj said:
ptisme":rh3hh0oj said:

I agree with that probably early in the season.... I think by the time the playoffs come around there will be a couple guys that make people forget momentarily about Jordy....

Mainly Adrian Peterson and Teddy Bridgewater.

ptisme

Reaction score
rideaducati":2ho4qcd6 said:
ptisme":2ho4qcd6 said:
Sgt. Largent":2ho4qcd6 said:
ptisme":2ho4qcd6 said:

Mainly Adrian Peterson and Teddy Bridgewater.
Could be.... I still think you're taking a beat down week two....

Laloosh

Reaction score
ptisme":20za1hjf said:

Curious what constitutes a beat down. Been so long... Is that like, what happened to GB in week 1 last year?

If only we had a team like that.

ptisme

Reaction score
Laloosh":uc39rlx0 said:
ptisme":uc39rlx0 said:

Curious what constitutes a beat down. Been so long... Is that like, what happened to GB in week 1 last year?

If only we had a team like that.
It'll look just like the NFCCG.... Only those field goals will be touchdowns and some idiot on special teams won't decide to whiff the football instead of handle his blocking scheme....

Latest posts