Jordyn Brooks full game tape (defensive snaps only)

Smellyman

Reaction score
Oklahoma and Baylor was uninspiring. Looks like he spied a lot. Hurts abused him a couple of times. Whiffed some run fills.

Might have been the scheme against these teams, but I wonder where all these TFLs were? Hopefully not racked up against scrub teams.

hburn21

Reaction score
Watching those inspires zero confidence in him, we can sure reach for 1st round players like nobody else

OP
OP
S

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Smellyman":3fw6ziu9 said:
Oklahoma and Baylor was uninspiring. Looks like he spied a lot. Hurts abused him a couple of times. Whiffed some run fills.

Might have been the scheme against these teams, but I wonder where all these TFLs were? Hopefully not racked up against scrub teams.
He tends to really run himself out of the play, has a hard time shedding blockers. Spends a lot of time spying and blitzing.

hburn21

Reaction score
Oh cool according to pff he dropped into coverage over 250 times last year, and forced 0 incompletions. Solid.

Smellyman

Reaction score
hburn21":20u9tqb3 said:
Oh cool according to pff he dropped into coverage over 250 times last year, and forced 0 incompletions. Solid.

Although the NFL draft video showed him intercepting in the endzone. Wonder if that wasn't last year or just another reason why pff sucks. ?

hburn21

Reaction score
Smellyman":kew7s9bl said:
hburn21":kew7s9bl said:

Although the NFL draft video showed him intercepting in the endzone. Wonder if that wasn't last year or just another reason why pff sucks. ?
It was either 2018 or 2016. Those are his only years with an int, both times just 1
Phenomenal athlete but I’m not seeing a modern nfl lb from him

getnasty

Reaction score
He looks good when blitzing but other then that those two games didn't blow me away.

OP
OP
S

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
AiKonaguy":2imwly34 said:
Highlight clips don't tell you very much. Most players in the NFL draft have them. They are fun to look at, but they are carefully curated. I want to see the lowlights, and everything in between. What does the player look like on a game to game basis? How does the look in an NFL context?

aawolf

Reaction score
I would have selected Patrick Queen, but I clearly don't know as much as JS. The Ravens got Queen with the next pick though, and they know how to draft LB's better than any NFL team. I just hope this doesn't bite us in the ass.

toffee

Reaction score
That game tape against ole miss, pit boy was super uninspiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smellyman

Reaction score
toffee":yrbn3of7 said:
That game tape against ole miss, pit boy was super uninspiring.

i only watched the first few plays....that Metcalf kid looked alright.

Day2 will say a lot about the draft.

right now I see Kevin Pierre Louis 2.0.

BBQHawk

Reaction score
Interesting to note that he had surgery 3 months prior to the combine. He only started running one week before the combine and still ran a 4.54. Thats why he didn't run any other drills. I think JS etc might know a few things we dont about this guy.

toffee

Reaction score
BBQHawk":267cxgfo said:
Interesting to note that he had surgery 3 months prior to the combine. He only started running one week before the combine and still ran a 4.54. Thats why he didn't run any other drills. I think JS etc might know a few things we dont about this guy.
That’s true, dude had some speed, that’s for sure.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
drop 5 pounds, kamtrack 2.0, also wondering if this crossed their mind with bbk

Edit: everyone's talking about the kid's coverage, he's probably a 4.4 runner and it's sideline to sideline with power behind it. If there's anything Pete does well... zone concepts and technique. A. think coverage ability is overblown he came from a weird defense, and b. Kam did a whole lot more, but in Pete's system there is a niche for a downhill safety, a run fit safety, a don't try that again safety. Not going to happen, but Pete will fix it is my point :)

GLio14

Reaction score
Gotta be honest here chief. Those vids did not help my confidence in him.

I'm still giving him a chance, but these vids were weak.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Smellyman":1l41t40i said:

"The result? 108 tackles, 20 tackles for loss and 3.0 sacks in 2019.Brooks said his best game was against Oklahoma where he posted a whopping 19 tackles, four tackles for loss, 3.0 sacks and a forced fumble."https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest...jordyn-brooks-according-carroll-and-schneider

Love to see something more inspiring out of him.

Seahawlnut89

Reaction score
Nothing in those videos made me think "Wow! He's good!" That's probably one of the many reasons I'm not an NFL scout. Here's to hoping Brooks is great.