Josh Gordon, A real piece of work

taco40

Reaction score
What follows are some excerpts from the espn story on Josh Gordon this weekend. He decides to skip the team's walk-through and get's suspended for his 11th game this season. What makes this great is that Cleveland now can have a bit of a hold on him as a restricted free agent. I wonder which team is desperate enough for a player who makes such bad choices. He probably lost a whole lot of dough for next year, however, with his limited output over the past five games, he didn't really pad the value of his stock

Excerpt:

The Cleveland Browns have suspended wide receiver Josh Gordon for an unspecified violation of team rules one day before their season finale against the Baltimore Ravens.

The Browns announced the suspension in a release Saturday. Wide receiver Phil Bates has been promoted from the practice squad to replace Gordon on the active roster. The team later announced that Bates did not even make the trip to Baltimore and would not play on Sunday.
By being active for only five games, Gordon fell one game short of the requirement for an accredited season, meaning he will be a restricted free agent -- instead of an unrestricted free agent -- following the 2015 season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12083 ... son-finale

mikeak

Reaction score
Didn't the Browns swap out a qb a few years ago to make sure he didn't get a bonus tied to snap counts or something like that?

Gordon certainly has issues but potential huge value in suspending him so he is only restricted FA now.

kearly

Reaction score
Gordon seems like a fool's bet, but he could be cheap and his skillset is exactly what Seattle needs.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The Browns must be reading a book called how not to retain free agents.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
It would not surprise me if the Browns somehow are responsible for Gordon's missing the bus so they could pull this stunt.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1u2x3smr said:
It would not surprise me if the Browns somehow are responsible for Gordon's missing the bus so they could pull this stunt.
Agree, but I think dude's an idiot too. Marriage made in Stupidland?

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Our Man in Chicago":1kd7uadn said:
Harvin seems like a fool's bet, but he could be cheap and his skillset is exactly what Seattle needs.

Harvin wasn't a cheap bet.

$12 million/year is cheap?

I'm all in now on Seattle bringing in both Gordon and Blackmon now to boost our receiving core for next year.

Richardson/Gordon/Blackmon/Baldwin with either Lockette or Norwood has potential to be extraordinary.

mikeak

Reaction score
So the Friday part was held at Manziel's house per ESPN. LOL keeps getting better

EDIT: just saw a separate thread about the party.