Josh Norman to the Redskins, 5 years, $75 million

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1txoekor said:
The Skinners, and Scot, are building a team to be reckoned with.

It's a good thing for us the guy had a drinking problem. Otherwise he'd still be in SF, possibly alongside Jim Harbaugh.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":pyq0mbu0 said:
This was exactly what Washington needed, him opposite Breeland is a damn good combo. If they can land a good safety later in the draft, and take a good Dline body with #21, they will win the East next season with ease.

Romo is going to get molly whopped. :thirishdrinkers:
If, and it's a big if Cousins plays as well as last year. I thought I read somewhere he played much better against lesser teams last year. Maybe not, but though I think he's pretty goid, I'm skeptical they're anything more than 9-7 with him at QB.

2_0_6

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":lwtmhtcq said:
Hawk_Nation":lwtmhtcq said:
This was exactly what Washington needed, him opposite Breeland is a damn good combo. If they can land a good safety later in the draft, and take a good Dline body with #21, they will win the East next season with ease.

If, and it's a big if Cousins plays as well as last year. I thought I read somewhere he played much better against lesser teams last year. Maybe not, but though I think he's pretty goid, I'm skeptical they're anything more than 9-7 with him at QB.

The key for Washington is how they fill the void of Morris leaving

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1l639nzl said:
Hawk_Nation":1l639nzl said:

He did not have any victories over teams with winning records, IIRC.

hawk45

Reaction score
Can't fault the panthers for refusing to go higher than 14 on the long term deal. But smack in the middle of your Superbowl window you franchise the elite corner for a year or two. anything can change in two years, plus you keep the run going.
This seems an inexplicable, inexcusable mistake.
Unless elite talent falls from the sky and lands on their defense before the season starts (doesn't have to be at corner necessarily) that defense took a giant step back.
Just in time to play a more difficult schedule.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
7 career interceptions.
3 total INTs over his first 3 years.
4 forced fumbles.
181 combined tackles.
53 games played.
1 season starting all 16 games.

28 years old.

50 million dollars guaranteed.

12thbrah

Reaction score

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":25jougb7 said:
hawksfansinceday1":25jougb7 said:
Hawk_Nation":25jougb7 said:

He did not have any victories over teams with winning records, IIRC.
Thanks. I thought I read/heard that somewhere.

I'm with kearly on the full entertainment value of watching he and Beckham go at it twice a year now that they're in the same division.
(rubs hands together and chuckles)

OP
OP
C

ctrcat

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":unaj5u1h said:
7 career interceptions.
3 total INTs over his first 3 years.
4 forced fumbles.
181 combined tackles.
53 games played.
1 season starting all 16 games.

28 years old.

50 million dollars guaranteed.

Also speaks to the value of the 5th year option. They were able to extend Cam and Kuechly an extra year into the distant future because of it and will only pay Star $6 million and change for it. Had Norman been a 1st rounder he'd have only cost $7.5 million for the one year.

pehawk

Reaction score
Perfect signing for Scot. Tough, gritty, self made type. I don't question anything he does...even his drinking.

rlkats

Reaction score
pehawk":3ktavwy9 said:
Perfect signing for Scot. Tough, gritty, self made type. I don't question anything he does...even his drinking.

Agreed. He has built amazing rosters. The niners winning years for instance WAS HIM. the time he was with the Hawks and now the Skins. They will be tough no doubt. He has a nose for tough noses players that live the sport. Good to see a GM succeed.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Marvin49":1dhhzbcq said:
Sports Hernia":1dhhzbcq said:
Marvin49":1dhhzbcq said:
Hawk_Nation":1dhhzbcq said:
Win a Superbowl in the salary cap era then your point might hold some water. :thirishdrinkers:

Doesn't really count though since a majority of that team was still built because of the previous no-cap years.
Once the niners had to "build a team" and maintain a team in the salary cap era, 0 rings.

All true....

...Although they did have to figure out how to get all of those players under the cap in year on....which meant releasing/restructuing, and in the end signing Deion Sanders, Richard Dent, Ricky Jackson, Gary Plummer, Toi Cook, Charles Mann, and Bart Oates all that year. They also drafted Bryant Young and William Floyd.

I'm not going to make the case that they built the SB winning team under cap, but they did win it in the fisrt year of free agency and had to get under a cap that most teams werre under already and STILL won the SB that year.

I dunno...I always see people say stuff like "that was pre salary cap and it was easier". I don't think that really holds water as there was also no free agency...so no free agents to sign. If you didn't draft or trade a guy you were screwed. It created dynasties because you could keep teams together, but it was harder to assemble a great team.

Then again I've always looked at Free Agency as fools gold...so who knows.

You also have to consider they were caught cheating the cap. Not cheating like 9er fans try to accuse Pete of (ironically) but actually cheating by trying to pay players under the table. They were popped for this once and lost draft picks for it and lost more draft picks when caught cheating a second time a few years later negotiating with players they were not suppose to have contact with at the time iirc but two separate occasions they lost draft picks due to cheating and you know that if you were caught twice there were likely many other things that either didn't get caught or were burried under a rock.

Essentially that 1994 trophy still doesn't apply to the cap era because the 9ers weren't playing under the cap rules.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1cmfg2f9 said:
Sports Hernia":1cmfg2f9 said:
Marvin49":1cmfg2f9 said:
Hawk_Nation":1cmfg2f9 said:
Win a Superbowl in the salary cap era then your point might hold some water. :thirishdrinkers:

Doesn't really count though since a majority of that team was still built because of the previous no-cap years.
Once the niners had to "build a team" and maintain a team in the salary cap era, 0 rings.

All true....

...Although they did have to figure out how to get all of those players under the cap in year on....which meant releasing/restructuing, and in the end signing Deion Sanders, Richard Dent, Ricky Jackson, Gary Plummer, Toi Cook, Charles Mann, and Bart Oates all that year. They also drafted Bryant Young and William Floyd.

I'm not going to make the case that they built the SB winning team under cap, but they did win it in the fisrt year of free agency and had to get under a cap that most teams werre under already and STILL won the SB that year.

I dunno...I always see people say stuff like "that was pre salary cap and it was easier". I don't think that really holds water as there was also no free agency...so no free agents to sign. If you didn't draft or trade a guy you were screwed. It created dynasties because you could keep teams together, but it was harder to assemble a great team.

Then again I've always looked at Free Agency as fools gold...so who knows.

You also have to consider they were caught cheating the cap. Not cheating like 9er fans try to accuse Pete of (ironically) but actually cheating by trying to pay players under the table. They were popped for this once and lost draft picks for it and lost more draft picks when caught cheating a second time a few years later negotiating with players they were not suppose to have contact with at the time iirc but two separate occasions they lost draft picks due to cheating and you know that if you were caught twice there were likely many other things that either didn't get caught or were burried under a rock.

Essentially that 1994 trophy still doesn't apply to the cap era because the 9ers weren't playing under the cap rules.
There is THAT little nugget, I forgot about. Good call.

Jville

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1udx33wn said:
RichNhansom":1udx33wn said:

Gosh ...... I wonder why none of the niner fans mentioned that footnote.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jville":9j7nrprs said:
Sports Hernia":9j7nrprs said:
RichNhansom":9j7nrprs said:

Most either are still in denial over it or, are too young to remember it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jville":s3wgippf said:
Sports Hernia":s3wgippf said:
RichNhansom":s3wgippf said:

That Award doesn't fit into the Rusted Trophy case, York is too cheap to enlarge it till they get 6. :)

Latest posts