JR Sweezy, could you give me your opinion on the player?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Maxwell is a cover-3 zone corner. In Seattle, he covered a deep 1/3 of the field. He was good at this because he's long and he was passing receivers off to an All-World free safety, who was also cheating toward his side because of the All-World CB on the other end. It looks a lot like man-to-man because they're pressing receivers on the outside. However, if you ask Maxwell to trail an elite WR all over the field, you are begging to be toasted, just like he was in Philly almost every week.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Mauler in run blocking. WIll only be successful win ZBS...potentially only successful with someone who is a ZBS guru like Cable. Love his attitude. Sets a physical tone. Won't be pushed around.

Liability in pass pro.

lukerguy

Reaction score
kobebryant":3gbz75q7 said:
Ridiculously athletic for an olineman, nasty as can be, a bit of a steel cage psycho who is liable to pick up a 15 yard unnecessary roughness penalty from time to time.

- this image shows a bit of that crazy athleticism http://twicsy.com/i/eQoKKe

- her's Tom Cable talking about him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3uSX-BARkk

"A" run blocker, probably a "C-" in the passing game.

I think there's upside there though considering that in terms of experience playing oline he's just finished essentially his senior year of college. Kris Dielman, another Dl to OL convert, didn't even get a start until his 4th year.

Football people like him more than fans do. Given how many starts he has for a run first championship team, his athleticism, his nasty attitude, and durability it isn't surprising that a lot of teams may have interest.

His best plays are those of a freaky all-pro, his bad is far too often though. Regardless, I like him but think Glowinski is a fine perhaps less spectacular but more consistent replacement.

I think more NFL lineman could hurdle a bent over WR than you think. Those guys are all insanely athletic.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Maxwell is a system player. He benefited from playing in a system (Seattle) where he excelled. As does often happen when a player excels with one team and signs somewhere else it doesn't always translate into success. Seattle has had their fair share of players come thru our team who were stars for their former team and complete flops for us. Maxwell was pretty terrible in Philly last year. I watch a couple games where he just looked completely lost. I don't know what type of defense that Miami runs but for Philly to want to dump a guy so quickly who they spent the farm on last year is pretty telling. Buyer be ware.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I always wanted to see JR line up at full back in short yardage situations. His second level effort can be awesome. Like all of the rest of our oline he struggles in pass protection but even so is our second best. Our line play is so bad with pass protection across the board that it has become impossible to grade the individual pieces. He may well improve his pass pro in a different system under a different coach ... or he could lose his edge in the run game as well.

Max is a solid corner but not really a #1. While he was terrific on the other side of Sherm he will struggle to live up to a big contract when asked to me The Man.

Atradees

Reaction score
We have a very durable qb that was sacked like 60 or so times last year. So 6 or more million season fora guy that could land the qb on the injury list is a bit of a reach. I really miss maxwell. When here he created turnovers.....a very long player.