Just days away from the important and second most boring sports event of the year!

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Yes the draft is important, yes getting new, potential star players is awesome. but a 4 day slow as hell, full of nonsense punditry event?

Well my opinion is it's the DULLEST, slowest, most overhyped bullshit event there is. I mean watching golf on TV is wall to wall excitement by comparison!

They could probably make professionally watching paint dry more exciting!

So yeah, it might be exciting looking at the future, once we KNOW who we've drafted, but TBH< I REALLY hate this 4 draw drawn out crap, SO lame an event!

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
There's really no excuse why they shouldn't be able to knock this crap out in a single 8 hour day. It's all about chiseling every penny out of a crappy event! That and that probably hardly anyone in the NFL ever works for 8 hours straight in a day....

bileever

Reaction score
Okay, I'll bite. If the draft is the second most boring event, what is the most boring?

Also, as long as you have friends and something good to eat and drink, how can it be bad? See my thread below:

And for me, every player picked on draft day is a success story. I love the tears flowing from grown men when they find out they've been selected. Remember DK Metcalf? The joy on their mothers' faces. The family cheering. It's the culmination of years of hard work. It might not be sports but it's great reality personal drama. I even like the Roger Goodell man hugs.

Ruminator

Reaction score
I never watch the draft on TV. Various websites and seahawks.net are all I need. Yes, it's a lengthly process, but 32 teams is a lot, and so are the dollars.

Nv_Hawks

Reaction score
Back in the 80’s, when it was a 2 day event, we would skip school and watch because it started at 6:00 am pst on Friday. Now I just try and view when the Hawks are on the clock.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Yes the draft is important, yes getting new, potential star players is awesome. but a 4 day slow as hell, full of nonsense punditry event?

Well my opinion is it's the DULLEST, slowest, most overhyped bullshit event there is. I mean watching golf on TV is wall to wall excitement by comparison!

They could probably make professionally watching paint dry more exciting!

So yeah, it might be exciting looking at the future, once we KNOW who we've drafted, but TBH< I REALLY hate this 4 draw drawn out crap, SO lame an event!
Someone forcing you to watch? FYI it’s 3 days not 4 but I guess with that attitude it must feel longer especially if you are being made to watch. As for me, I can’t wait. As soon as I get home from work my ass will be in front of the tv ready to soak it all in. Must see tv for me! Definitely brings back the kid on Christmas morning feels.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Everyone is welcome to their own opinions. I mean some people claim they hate ice cream too...

However, it's clear the NFL is doing something right if their "dullest event of the year" outpaces all the NBA playoff games and competes with baseball's world series... Clearly a lot of people like to watch the draft:

The draft drew more viewers than Sunday’s Academy Awards, more viewers than any game of last year’s NBA Finals, and more viewers than five of the six games of last year’s World Series. The NFL dominates everything else on television.

Hawknight

Reaction score
How can you miss this event? I mean, it's that time of the year when it's being televised and they are about to announce "'the Seahawks pick is in and the Seahawks have chosen"....(COMMERCIAL BREAK)....I swear every frick'n year it happens.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
THAT is absolutely annoying. There's NO reason for them to always wait the full time between picks. Maybe first couple rounds when trades happen more etc. But come on, make the damn pick and move on.

KinesProf

Reaction score
I really enjoy watching the Thursday night spectacle - I really find it a compelling event. So I will be glued to it on Thursday night; plus it is a weeknight.

Whether or not I watch rounds 2-7 live is always weather dependent this time of year. It looks like it is going to be really nice out Friday and Saturday - so I will record rounds 4-7; which is great because I can then fast forward between picks and get it done in maybe a little over an hour. Gonna try to find a nice patio/bar for the Kraken game on Friday, maybe get some draft results 2nd hand through that, and then watch rounds 2-3 once home on Friday night. Rounds 4-7? No way can I justify to myself staying inside on a nice day to watch what essentially amounts to the equivalent of a graduation ceremony for a school that I didn't attend.

OP
OP
SeAhAwKeR4life

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
The most boring event is probably Tennis to me. I freaking hate tennis, if I'm not playing it. It can be fun if you're involved.

I just think it's way too much milking the dollars. Plus I have a hard time caring about most of it, except our team and our divisional rivals. I mean I like getting new players, I just find the show painful to actually watch.

Seriously, why can't this be a single day event?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No way could they go thru 7 rounds of picks in one day. I think they could in 2, but that will never happen. Too much $ is being made on adversing etc.
Just enjoy it as is, or just throw it on the DVR and do a quick version later?