Just have to say this about the no PI call

mrblitz

Reaction score
it's a great non-call. 4th and 10 in that situation is really a bad time to be getting ticky-tack. to their credit, the refs did not.

irocdave

Reaction score
Just for the young fellas, the OP's comments about media creating drama and steering conversation isn't just for sporting events. Know that, it is pervasive in all aspects of human interests.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
chevelle03":20anj5dw said:
The saddest thing about this video is the two Falcons receivers instantly begging for a flag to be thrown before they could even know if Julio caught it or not. A passing play in the NFL these days is less about whether it's caught or not, and more about whether PI is called or not.

So very true! And the owners and the league wonder what's contributing to declining ratings.

I just miss the old Lester Hayes intense press man coverage days when they just let the receivers and DBs duke it out for the ball-No excessive penalties, no real problems.

And then the Hawks won it all with their physical style and the NFL just couldn't stand the Hawks interfering with their pass/score happy ideology for max viewership. So now it's seemingly 50-50 that any pass over 25 yards is going to be called for PI. Great plan Goodell, now the entire landscape of passing offense has been altered.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I don't care or need for the national attention to laud our success or criticize our undeserved victory. What some clown in NY says on TV about my team doesn't affect my enjoyment of watching them one bit. What they say either in praise or ridicule doesn't affect me at all.

I'd say this narrative gets aped in large part because Seattle fans are just so easy to goad into these lurid debates. Why we collectively have this pathological need for everyone else on the east coast to approve and recognize our team is beyond me.

And if we disagree on that point, I'd cite the numerous regurgitated topics this week on this board all seeking vindication. This thread. GIF proof of other penalties. It's insane. Just stop please.

If one needs some jerkweed football analyst back east to pat you on the head and tell us what a great team we have -- then that's on us. We look ridiculous. And if I were a fan back east, I'd consider it comedic fun just to troll our board and watch the carnage unfold by offering the most insignificant of slights.

As a fan base we should be better than this.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":3b72qv0q said:
253hawk":3b72qv0q said:
And on the 3 previous plays, all were covered exceptionally well.

1st pass: Ryan flushed, deep out of bounds to Sanu with Lane right on his hip
2nd pass: short middle, Sanu blasted immediately by Earl...3-4 yard gain if he even holds on
3rd pass: Ryan flushed, deep left to Sanu and defended by Shead
4th pass: Ryan never looks anywhere except at Jones the whole time, it was a complete 'hope for a flag' play'

CloseFlamboyantDodo.gif

On this same play, isn't that pushing from behind illegal for a lineman? Marsh #91 escapes his defender only to get push from behind.

This is what I got from the NFL rulebook

Blocker cannot use his hands or arms to push from behind, hang onto, or encircle an opponent in a manner that restricts his movement as the play develops.

Wright is getting held as well.

If that is the case, Falcons committed three penalties in one play

This is grasping at straws. A block in the back is allowed in line play and if that's a hold on Wright, they could literally throw a flag for holding on every single play. If there was a hold on anyone, it was on Garrison Smith who was pulled to the ground.