The Fire is building

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Very long time member here , don’t post much but read a lot and game day chat .
With that said I’m not sure why I’m feeling this way but the fire is starting to build again for me .
Hear me out . And I will apologize right now for the punctuation etc…..
I’ve always been a Seahawks fan since the very early 80s living on the East Coast it was really rough growing up being the box scores in the newspaper and catching the two minute highlights on Monday night football was my fix . I’ve always cheered for the Seahawks but never was totally obsessed with them. Until Super Bowl 40 . Now I knew we had a good team I was watching every game on satellite TV since 1996 at that point and I knew we had the tools to win and I was excited as all hell but I still wasn’t obsessed. That game blew the top off of it for me! I was so angry over that game all I wanted was a championship that’s all I thought about was a championship because of the events of that game. The straight outright thievery that train wreck was . Well it became a fire that totally consumed every last minute of my free time . I had been on here already but I’ve never posted like I posted after that game here for those few years after XL . I read every post every sports writers articles every training camp video every interview , Chase every rumor for years. If the Seahawks lost on Sunday it absolutely ruined the first part of my week it was insane!
Then the magic happened and we finally win a Super Bowl! The ride that was was exhilarating to say the least! It felt like this absolute huge weight off my back for some odd crazy reason! I could watch football for football again not because I was obsessed with a championship ! just for the love of the game . Even losing SB49 !! the spear the dagger the most unbelievable thing I’ve ever seen in my life happened and Still didn’t effect me to the point of past years . It was rough AF but I moved on pretty quick . Now these years after that still haven’t been fired up . Until now .
I feel that I want to just win games pretty bad to throw it in all the “expert’s” face . All this sky is falling chicken little stuff ain’t gonna work for me . I fell the disrespect from the pundits and I’m fine with it . It seems to ignite a spark with every stupid negative Piece I read .
I’ve seen a lot of bad Seahawks football in my time , Believe it but we are no where’s near Kelli Stouffer Rick Mirer Dan McGuire bad as they would have you believe.
All in all enjoy the rebuild ! we’re gonna Have to climb the mountain again ,earn the respect.
Now people can get on this wagon whenever they want and get off whenever they want I don’t call people bandwagon fans but I’m telling you right now the ride to the top is pretty freaking awesome when you start at the bottom.
Go Hawks
It is nice going into a season and having low expectations. If they win 8 the future looks bright. If they win 3. The future looks bright. I personally would love to see them tank this year. Get a QB next draft and get loaded with talent. To then go go one last shot with Pete and Co. if they get pick 10-16 then they might miss out on a good QB. Unless one of the hawks QB now pull a hasselbeck.

Just hope Denver tanks. So we get 2 top 10 picks.

gidders

Reaction score
Still wont watch the replays of the game,,destroyed me. Come a long way since Dave Krieg, Warner, steve Largent etc, that was the appeal underdogs who had the heart of champions. Don't see any diamonds in the rough taken in the draft, if owners were engaged they would know what other owners see you need to attract the talent. Jerry Jones may have a fraud at coach but he splashes the cash in the pursuit of that ring. PC isn't suddenly a bad coach, Football evolves and he isn't the answer right now.