Just let Lock play

dbsn2420

Reaction score
They need a spark....not sure where that's going to come from. Right now pretty embarrassing, granted against the Commanders.... Wait till that's Boa and the 9rs, or Phili.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I said that four games ago but that’s just me. Well ok, i don’t think Geno needs benched but i do think Lock needs playing time. Don’t care when. But this team needs it.

jeremiah

Reaction score
I said that four games ago but that’s just me. Well ok, i don’t think Geno needs benched but i do think Lock needs playing time. Don’t care when. But this team needs it.
By "IT" I agree if you mean work. A LOT OF IT.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If you blame today on Lock at all you are delusional.

Pete’s defense can’t make a stop to save their life.
Lock has done well. I don't think well enough to make this a genuine controversy at the spot this year, but he has not been bad. At all.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I could nitpick Lock's game. But I could do the same to Geno most games. This is a good performance in a very difficult circumstance, and I don't think anyone can really fault him for anything that's happened today.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Lock has done well. I don't think well enough to make this a genuine controversy at the spot this year, but he has not been bad. At all.
Perfectly said. I agree. This game showed Pete has built a defense that is incredibly, amazingly incapable of making big time stops against big time players.

I’m also really disappointed in Shane.

But Lock served extremely admirably and has to stop underthrowing deep downfield.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
Yeah today he has played like a really good 2. And thata what he is, the backup. So I'd say he has done well today so far.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Perfectly said. I agree. This game showed Pete has built a defense that is incredibly, amazingly incapable of making big time stops against big time players.

I’m also really disappointed in Shane.

But Lock served extremely admirably and has to stop underthrowing deep downfield.
Hurtt has been his biggest mistake. They have the talent to be better. If they were going to move almost wholesale to Fangio stuff, they needed to get an actual experienced coordinator to do so. If they were going to move back to Pete stuff because it failed so hard in 2022, they should have moved on anyway.

Pete's defense, in theory, still works. It can survive and can still clamp the run. But they need a coordinator that can implement the DETAILS. The miscommunication is inexcusable in such an overall simple scheme.

It reflects incredibly poorly. On everyone.

stack55

Reaction score
He’s doing a pretty good job, but doesn’t go thru his progression
before taking off. He hangs on to the ball and has guys wide open.

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He has shown enough to be given the last few games. We are OUT OF the playoffs. Use the time to develop others for the jobs. Replace the Safeties, let them learn too.
I disagree. Not the time for that. Lock can compete next offseason if brought back.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
2 picks should be 4. Ya lock is garbage, sorry but he is.
Question is do they keep him next year as backup to the draft choice ? I'd like to see a more of his play. Maybe not from here on out, but if they lose to philly, then he gets the rest ?

Latest posts