Just saw Zach Miller at Bellevue Square

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Jville":ay9bo37k said:
Competition is welcomed.

With regard to Zach Miller I would add that ....

Zack tied the passing game and running game together. His historic snap counts bear out that they like him on the field as much as possible. His field time includes his important role on special teams. Zach has also been the recipient of a lot of public appreciation from team mates. Leadership and teaching skills are among those attributes that highlight core players.

Willson could certainly use another year of tutelage from Miller, "The Big Fundamental."

Jville

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1891vxrf said:
Jville":1891vxrf said:
Competition is welcomed.

With regard to Zach Miller I would add that ....

Zack tied the passing game and running game together. His historic snap counts bear out that they like him on the field as much as possible. His field time includes his important role on special teams. Zach has also been the recipient of a lot of public appreciation from team mates. Leadership and teaching skills are among those attributes that highlight core players.

Willson could certainly use another year of tutelage from Miller, "The Big Fundamental."

That would be ideal. I am trending toward believing that year 3, of a players development, is the due date for identifying second contract players and emerging core players.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Miller still has a spot on the team at the right price, but are we seeing the effects of using a TE as another OL every season?

Offensive linemen have a hard enough time staying healthy while blocking, so is it any surprise that a TE is having trouble staying healthy after being used like another Tackle for so long?

FFS just fix the OL so we can use our TEs the way other teams do....

olyfan63

Reaction score
Miller is around next year if he's healthy enough to play... If we saved $3M it would cost way more than that, and maybe a couple roster spots, to do what he does. It's interesting that this year we've had TE-by-committee, and C-by-committee, and it's worked out OK, aside from potentially the roster spots tied up.

There's nowhere else I can really think of on the team that would be a better use of $3M, given that a good TE helps the O-Line. OTOH, $3M can sometimes be enough for a D-Lineman to plug into the rotation, a guy on a prove-it contract. So never say never. But we sure won't get Suh for that.

I think we bring back McCoy too if he's healthy. And maybe draft a TE too. Really good TE's are often available where we will be drafting. Pete and John will sort out any oversupply in camp, and injuries will limit the snaps for the rest.