Just Say No to Robert Knemdiche (& Denzel Nkemdiche)

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If these guys don't make the NFL then they will all be on the street.

McGruff

Reaction score
A different perspective . . . http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/03/17/nfl- ... -nkemdiche
Ole Miss DE Robert Nkemdiche
In December, the former No. 1 overall prospect fell from a fourth-floor window of an Atlanta hotel and was subsequently charged with marijuana possession. During a combine media session, Nkemdiche admitted to being drunk during the incident but denied marijuana use. Then, oddly enough, Nkemdiche said teammate and potential No. 1 overall pick Laremy Tunsil was in the hotel room with him that night.

Nkemdiche, a potential first-rounder, seems to concern scouts more than Bosa, but less than Spence, due in part to his apparent honesty during the interview process.
“When you sit and talk to the kid, you say, ‘Okay, he does want to be really great,’ ” said one evaluator. “I believe him when he’s talking. I’m sure he’s been coached up—they’ve all been coached up—but I never felt like this kid was bulls---ing us.

The major concern shared by four coaching and scouting sources who have studied Nkemdiche is Robert’s older brother, Denzel, a former reserve linebacker at Ole Miss. Denzel was hospitalized twice in 2015 after being found unresponsive. Ole Miss called it a “personal matter.” Nkemdiche has assured multiple NFL teams during interviews that his brother will not be joining him at his NFL destination.

“People are worried about the brother,” said one evaluator. “That’s the biggest fear. How do you say no to family? People so easily say it should be easy decision because there’s a lot of money at stake. Well, you don’t throw away 20 years of brotherhood.”

Said another scout: “The bottom line with him is people around him enabling him, not a lot of real trouble. The public opinion on him is a little harder than it should be. There’s some smoke here but no big fire
.”

Interesting perspective from scouts . . . Three things stand out from a Seahawks perspective.

1. Honesty and contrition . . . Two things Seattle responds well to.

2. Need for accountability instead of enabling . . . Something Seattle has proven willing to provide.

3. Desire to be the best . . . A key trait Seattle wants in every player.

titan3131

Reaction score
a trade up for him in the early 2nd i am down.

I love the connection you spotted MCgruff and I completely agree. I think the media has blown his incidents out of proportion.

titan3131

Reaction score
I wanted the honey badger on the hawks for our nickel so bad.

McGruff

Reaction score
titan3131":3ptfn5pr said:

I didnt. I thought he was a train looking for a place to wreck. I was wrong.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
McGruff":b5ukoyrq said:
I see a lot more Honey Badger in Nkemdiche than I do Johnny Football.

Honey Badger played with his hair on fire, admitted his issues and sought help.

Nkemdiche has done none of these.

titan3131

Reaction score
McGruff":19lp3m8r said:
titan3131":19lp3m8r said:

I didnt. I thought he was a train looking for a place to wreck. I was wrong.

one thing that I think really helped him change was he bacame a father, A certain reality hits you when that happens.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1lqooxw9 said:
McGruff":1lqooxw9 said:
I see a lot more Honey Badger in Nkemdiche than I do Johnny Football.

Honey Badger played with his hair on fire, admitted his issues and sought help.

Nkemdiche has done none of these.

This!!!

Sadly he is uber talented and an exceptional athlete. He could be special but as I said before something isn't right with this kid.

Love his skillset, am put off by his mindset.

delagator7

Reaction score
If you're looking for a DT like Nkedemdiche but in the 2nd or 3rd round, I would much rather have a player like Kenny Clarke DT UCLA. He has that same leaner body but maybe 10 pounds heavier, no baggage, and has production to match the talent.

If you are drafting someone like that in the 1st round Jonathan Bullard DT, Florida Gators also has similiar talent and production as Clarke.