Justin Britt

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Frankly, I think the OP was drunk. I saw way too many good blocks from Britt today, a few times standing his man up cold. Jeez man.

Hawks46

Reaction score
austinslater25":3ehev748 said:
First of all a great win today!

Britt is going to get Wilson hurt at some point if he doesn't get better.

Yea, this has me worried as well. On some plays, he barely even slowed the guy down and Russ got crushed.

That said, he's a damn good run blocker, and the hope is that he can get better in pass pro (if Cable even knows how to teach pass pro). His feet are pretty good and he's athletic enough.

peppersjap

Reaction score
nbk35zw":2fns2bgc said:
This... Was your takeaway from the game.
Again....Wow! How do people find all the negativity after an incredibly dominating performance (everywhere but on the scoreboard)? Justin Britt is a rookie and I think he has performed his ass off for a rookie, outside of Sweezy he has been the only other guy out there all the time.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
peppersjap":3rdonxem said:
nbk35zw":3rdonxem said:
Again....Wow! How do people find all the negativity after an incredibly dominating performance (everywhere but on the scoreboard)? Justin Britt is a rookie and I think he has performed his ass off for a rookie, outside of Sweezy he has been the only other guy out there all the time.

Like the Turbin thread, this was another mid-game, freakout thread that should have been in the game day forum, along with all the other mid-game, freakout threads. I doubt this OP would have happened post-victory, but it's been excessively bumped since then because it's a negative thread in the main forum.

Britt had a really shaky first half, but he and the coaches pulled it together at half time and he finished up the game pretty strong. Overall, he allowed four pressures, which is high in terms of the league average but it's a standard game for him. Britt's averaging 3.2 pressures allowed per game. His 42 pressures allowed are tied for 2nd most in the league behind Carolina LT Byron Bell, who now has 45.

Britt has done really well as a run blocker, and that was the reason he was drafted. And Lynch is doing his best work this season through that right B gap - averaging 5.3 off RG, 4.8 off RT, and 4.7 around the Right End. No other rookie OT has had Britt's level of impact on the running game.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3jkhdjyv said:
Like the Turbin thread, this was another mid-game, freakout thread that should have been in the game day forum, along with all the other mid-game, freakout threads. I doubt this OP would have happened post-victory, but it's been excessively bumped since then because it's a negative thread in the main forum.

The thread was started after the game. Check the time dude.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1v365kgo said:
hawknation2014":1v365kgo said:

The thread was started after the game. Check the time dude.

Oh, my mistake . . . misread it. To be honest, Carpenter had a much worse game than Britt because of the way Fletcher Cox was DOMINATING, especially in that first half.

Britt finished up the game pretty strong after a rocky start. He had a really nice block on Barwin that sprung Lynch in the 2nd half.

Largent80

Reaction score
A ROOKIE, geezus. Can you give opposing players any credit?

They look across the line and see a rookie, what do you think they are going to do? What they are going to do is open up their bag of tricks and use them on that rookie.

After a while that rookie has seen all of them and gets better. It is called GROWING PAINS.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawks46":2uvtn4pz said:
austinslater25":2uvtn4pz said:
First of all a great win today!

Britt is going to get Wilson hurt at some point if he doesn't get better.

Yea, this has me worried as well. On some plays, he barely even slowed the guy down and Russ got crushed.

That said, he's a damn good run blocker, and the hope is that he can get better in pass pro (if Cable even knows how to teach pass pro). His feet are pretty good and he's athletic enough.

There are also a lot of people that 'think' they know a player's assignment and how to evaluate OL play. News flash, not many people do. As somebody posted earlier, quite a few of the whiffs people are trying to pin on Britt where not his assignment. He had to peel off of a double teaming somebody more than once to try to slow down a pass rusher the RB whiffed on.

Further supporting this is one of his post game tweets saying that he was staying away from social media for awhile because there are so may 'idiots.' No doubt he is referring to clueless fan who are blasting him for sacks that weren't his fault at all.

ManBunts

Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie, I also get down on Britt. But you know what, the only time you notice the OL is when they fail. And I noticed Britt maybe 3 times last night. Out of 80-something plays. Against a VERY good defensive line. He's a rookie, he's played against the toughest Ds in the league. All in all, I think he could be doing FAR worse. I'm okay with what he's done so far.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Britt is a microcosm of the entire O-line's problems this year. Very good run blocking, poor pass blocking.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Eagles have one of the best DL in the league, I'm sure there's quite a few RT's that have looked foolish against them.
Britt's saving grace, is he's a rookie with room to improve.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Question?

Eagles D had 42 sacks this season before the game.

The Seahawks Offense despite running 85 offensive plays only gave up 3 sacks IIRC.

3 Sacks allowed to the 2nd best Sacking Defense in the league seems like an improvement when the Seahawks gave up an average of 5.5 sacks in their last two games.

And obviously teams are going to target rookie in Britt. And bet if you re-watch that game, you'll see the eagles putting different players on Britt all game... and for a rookie that's hard to face off against different styles against very talent players.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Those of you critisizing Justin Britts play at Tackle as a rookie must not have been around for Ray Roberts rookie season!

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
If he's too slow on his pass blocking technique to play right tackle, can he swing inside and play guard next year, or is he too tall to play guard? Most guards aren't 6'6 tall. Perhaps a full off-season of training on his speed and footwork will help him next year.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I think Britt played fine yesterday. I think the criticism is overblown on here. I just rewatched the games and came away impressed, there were 2 major mistakes made by Britt yesterday. 1) Vinny Curry completely beat him off of the line and resulted in a RW sack. 2) In the 3rd quarter He get's beat again, however RW still get's the throw off (the hit didn't drastically alter the pass) It was a deep pass to Kearse who missed it over his outside shoulder.

Other than that, there wasn't a whole lot of issues. I thought he had 2 really good pass blocks that extended plays. 1) in the 2nd QTR he was able to manhandle his guy allowing RW to run for 8-9 yards. 2nd one also allowed for RW to extend the play.

I think he's coming along just fine. I'm glad he's been able to start this entire season and it should payoff next year and beyond.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
I know he isn't playing great but I remember when sweezy was talked about like this as well. I think give him time and he will be good. But of course it's about the nows.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
You realize this OL is built for the run right? So they'll be better blocking for the run than the pass, right? You know that, right?

Optimus25

Reaction score
nbk35zw":3j2pqoha said:

I'm tired of lame responses such as this around here. If someone critiques one thing after a win, 10 people think they're original by typing "dude, we won, chill out" blah blah blah

but after a loss it's probably the same people on here blasting this, end of the world that. OP was calling out Justin Britt, and you, as a fellow poster, can either:

a. argue to the contrary
b. further support OP
c. move on to the next topic

another response in this thread:

Do you know we won the game? Dominated the game?

my response:

Yeah sure, we dominated in essence. but was it REALLY domination if jenkins catches the interception that my daughter could have caught? By that point philly's D might get the gumption to actually stop us on our next 3rd and forever and then they have the ball, down 3, with about 5 minutes on the clock. I'd really like to dominate the scoreboard in terms of a 3 score game for once instead of statistical annihilation.

by using these peoples logic, after every loss i should just post: "dude, chill out, we just won the super bowl" Fact is, thats not good enough, we want another. fact is, there's things that need fixed on this team, no matter how blindly some people want to run around in euphoria. hell, if ryan doesn't get that punt off in SF, this weeks game might be MUCH more significant.