Kaepernick Cocky

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawker84":2jr3vstb said:
Sgt. Largent":2jr3vstb said:
jblaze":2jr3vstb said:
The superman Cam mocking in the Panthers game says it all. Have some respect for your contemporaries. No reason to give them bulletin board material for next time.

How was that different than Sherman kissing his bicep after intercepting Kaepnernick, or our entire defense doing the discount doublecheck sack dance standing over Rodgers?

Enough with the sanctimony. This is the NFL, it's a game, it's SUPPOSE to be fun.

You must have forgot how much crap their players were talking before that game. And please point out to me a time when our or any other QB in the league has mocked the opposing QB after scoring a td, be interesting to see the list.

I didn't know our sanctimony began and ended with QB's only. Why are the other players on the field exempt from your high horse list?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I like it when Colin was jaw jackin after plays with Panther players. It means he wasn't busy getting the next play ready.

jblaze

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3hzcjqco said:
jblaze":3hzcjqco said:
The superman Cam mocking in the Panthers game says it all. Have some respect for your contemporaries. No reason to give them bulletin board material for next time.

How was that different than Sherman kissing his bicep after intercepting Kaepnernick, or our entire defense doing the discount doublecheck sack dance standing over Rodgers?

Enough with the sanctimony. This is the NFL, it's a game, it's SUPPOSE to be fun.

I don't have a problem with it if you're going against that guy but Kap is not going against Cam, he's going against the Panther defense. If you're offense and mocking the other teams offense, you don't get the opportunity to stick it to them or come back at them and it's cheap and pretentious.

hoxrox

Reaction score
They just won back to back play off road games and are riding a lot of momentum right now. They are playing with a lot of confidence.

Slightly off topic: I have a feeling they are going to try to run Kaep more, especially to the left. If not by design, then by scrambling.
They know Gore hasn’t run well against us in Seattle. They know they can’t really throw on our secondary. (If they do, it’s probably going to be to Maxwell early)

Look for Kaep runs on second or especially third down situations.

DonJulio

Reaction score
jhawk91":1m1cgjmi said:
Colin cocky? You don't say....kissing his bicep, doing cam newtons superman celebration yea that dude is pretty much a tool

The bicep kissing is stupid, I agree. But do you even know why he does it? It's not a cockiness thing "ohh look at my muscles." It started because of media accusing him of looking like a thug with all those tattoos and not representing a "professional quarterback."

Do you know why he did Cams superman celebration? Because when they beat us at our house, panthers players mocked Kaepernick by doing the bicep thing. This part is all meaningless fun that's got nothing to do with the game. Bowman did the same thing---I don't see anyone calling him cocky, because he's not.e

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jblaze":22ig3em3 said:
Sgt. Largent":22ig3em3 said:
jblaze":22ig3em3 said:

I don't have a problem with it if you're going against that guy but Kap is not going against Cam, he's going against the Panther defense. If you're offense and mocking the other teams offense, you don't get the opportunity to stick it to them or come back at them and it's cheap and pretentious.

You guys have too many rules for being offended.

Here's how I see it, the NFL is already called the "No Fun League" because of all the stupid celebration rules. I miss the days of the Fun Bunch TD dances, Icky Shuffle and Billy White Shoes Johnson TD dance............so getting all bent out of shape over players having fun with each other is silly. If Cam wasn't offended, you shouldn't be either.

ChrisB Bacon

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":31gnrjdx said:
NFLFan45":31gnrjdx said:
HawkNuts":31gnrjdx said:
Kaepernick looked pretty cocky near the end of Panthers game. Also saw him acting like a reporter for his man Boldin. I really hope that cockiness caries over to this Sunday.

Also heard he is holding the ball for an average of 4.2 seconds in the pocket. Manning is under 3 seconds.

Um. You hate Kap cause he's cocky? No, you hate Kap cause he's the Whiners QB.

The Seahawks have plenty of Cocky players on their team. I bet you LOVE their cockiness.

Nothing wrong with hating Kap.

But let's not pretend that there is some kind of benevolent moral high ground stance against cockiness going on here.

If there was you'd have to hate half of the players on your own fav team.

Name them?
You have to have a level of cockiness to get to this level. Damn near every player in the league is cocky if you talked to them. You have to be.

Sherman is, Earl is, Kam is, Browner was, Marshawn is, Golden is, Baldwin is, Percy is, Wagner is, the D-line is, even Russell is to an extent. Not all of them show it or play it up to the media, but to perform, and bounce back from poor performances, you have to know you're the best.

Cocky is not a bad thing. Not at all.

jblaze

Reaction score
No one is offended, come on, it' s just annoying and wuss. IMO, if you have something to say, say it to someone's face.

Doing touchdown dances is different from mocking another players "move". Regardless, I think if you don't like it you should stop him but it's also Kap and I hate just about everything about him so there's that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HoRneR":37bxkwbh said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAgG9XcrDFY

I mean a cocky quarterback whoever heard of that!

Lol. Took you long enough, thought you Niner fans were losing your touch there for a minute.

NFLFan45

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":cgzke47z said:
NFLFan45":cgzke47z said:
HawkNuts":cgzke47z said:
Kaepernick looked pretty cocky near the end of Panthers game. Also saw him acting like a reporter for his man Boldin. I really hope that cockiness caries over to this Sunday.

Also heard he is holding the ball for an average of 4.2 seconds in the pocket. Manning is under 3 seconds.

The Seahawks have plenty of Cocky players on their team. I bet you LOVE their cockiness.

But let's not pretend that there is some kind of benevolent moral high ground stance against cockiness going on here.

Name them?

Are you serious with this?

I'll name the 3 cockiest players on the team
Sherman
Kam
E. Thomas

There is NOTHING wrong with being cocky.

Hawk fans LOVE Shermans cockiness and LOVE the hate he gets for it.

9er fans LOVE Kaps cockiness and LOVE the hate he gets for it.

I'm not bashing anyone's cockiness i'm just saying let's not sit here and pretend that there is some kind of stance against cockiness going on here. There isn't. PERIOD.

HoRneR

Reaction score
NFLFan45":px0te95i said:
Mistashoesta":px0te95i said:
NFLFan45":px0te95i said:
HawkNuts":px0te95i said:

Name them?

Sherman
Kam
E. Thomas

I'm not bashing anyone's cockiness i'm just saying let's not sit here and pretend that there is some kind of stance against cockiness going on here. There isn't. PERIOD.

I also feel like they showed Bennett dancing on the sidelines a ton Saturday.

TaterHawk

Reaction score
Yes there is something wrong with it. Did they ever see that from Montana? Young? any other respected NFL QB (leader of a team) The headlines after this weekend are about Kap doing Cam Newtons superman celebration and having his hat on backwards acting the punk. Think Manning will make fun of Brady Sunday?

He is a distraction, disrespectful to his team, and an issue for 9er land

And it's all good :)

TaterHawk

Reaction score
When players do it it's frowned upon, but the fans enjoy it. When your QB is doing it....you get your butt handed to you in the NFC title game GO HAWKS

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
NFLFan45":2lr4577y said:
Mistashoesta":2lr4577y said:
NFLFan45":2lr4577y said:
HawkNuts":2lr4577y said:

Name them?

Sherman
Kam
E. Thomas

Earl is cocky? News to me. Chancellor, too? You must have a really good inside source.

Or you're just making crap up. Odds are good it's the latter.

paramedic586

Reaction score
Kap doing newtons celebration was not a knock to cam. It was a f u you to the defense because they were mocking kap last game. Did any Seahawks fans have a problem with lynch running to the tunnel right after the game? Does anybody have a problem with Sherman talking crap to Brady after the game? Didn't think so. I'm willing to bet very few Seahawks fans know why kap kissing his bicep after a touchdown run.

ceej22

Reaction score
Yeah what a cocky SOB. Sure glad our team isn't like that.....

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
Lots of QB's are arrogant cocky S.O.B's, for this exercise I'll use Tom Brady as an example. Tom probably talks more on field trash than anyone in the NFL. He's actually the instigator of the "U Mad Bro" stuff. However, there is a huge difference between the way Tom Brady is viewed as a person as opposed to Colin Kaepernick, and that is the fact that after the game, win or lose, Tom shakes hands w/ his opponents, says a few words, goes into the locker room, gets cleaned up, puts on a suit or at least a nice shirt, walks out to the podium and talks to the media like a professional. Colin does all of this, but then he walks out to the podium dressed like he's on his way to burger king and gives trite one-word nothing answers. When Colin starts acting like a professional off the field in his public appearances then people's opinion of him will change.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Double standard works both ways. If Niner fans are ok with Kaepernick doing that and talking well then all the complaining about Richard Sherman and the Hawks in general should stop from their end.