Kam Chancellor is the best SS in the game

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2tayxtvo said:
vin.couve12":2tayxtvo said:
Smelly McUgly":2tayxtvo said:
vin.couve12":2tayxtvo said:
and is the third-best defensive player in our own backfield.

This is not the point.
Says who? Either way I left it at that because it's irrelevant so long as all 3 stay here.

Says me. You missed the point of the thread. Just move on and go try to ruin another thread.

Says you from your viewpoint only. You don't change mine, holmes, and I'm not trying to ruin anyone's thread. Kam being the best SS if not the best S in the game is a forgone conclusion. That's an awesome thing....

strohmin

Reaction score
I would say they are equally the best at their positions. Even though Earl is super super awesome, I think Kam is equally important to this team. The fear he puts into others is under rated. He is hits are probably the hardest I have ever seen in football. I think he hits as hard as Ray Lewis.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3n54pwt8 said:
I definitely agree with best SS in the league. Not buying the '3rd best DB on our team,' because each player brings a unique ability. Sherm can neither bring bring Earl's speed nor Kam's physicality. Kam can't bring Sherman's ability to diagnose a play, locate the ball in mid air and make the pick nor does he have Earl's speed. Earl can't quite bring the wood like Kam does and he doesn't have the physical length Sherm and Kam enjoy. He doesn't quite have Sherm's ball skills either.

Together they are a formidable group, but to say one DB is better than the other is like comparing apples to oranges. One year ago, Kam was the most physical Safety in the league, but his coverage skills were only slightly above average at best. Now I would argue that no SS or FS in league offer his combination of physicality AND coverage skills. No doubt this is the result of a tight-knit group feeding off of one another.

I just have to say that this is one of the finest posts I've seen on this site. Well said and absolutely spot on HawKnPeppa!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
MagHawk":1fcntah7 said:
Blitzer88":1fcntah7 said:
seahawks.gif

This makes me giggle - everytime! :th2thumbs:

Same here. Especially when I haven't seen it in awhile.

JKent82

Reaction score
Prior to this year I really thought Kam was replaceable. Really really good but not key. Then he played so ridiculously lights out through the end of the season he's up there with Earl and Sherm for me.

Absolutely dominates the field.

Everytime I scroll past the gif I burst into a fit of giggles and cringes. Every single time.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
DavidSeven":r8fwwjdy said:
This secondary is going to go down in annals of history as one of the best and most memorable. Right now, they ARE the Seattle Seahawks. Why anyone wouldn't want to see these three elite players do their thing together for as long as possible is beyond me. This goes beyond winning percentages. They're building a legacy that will be directly tied to Seattle and will be remembered for decades. That's bigger than cap space. Arguably, that's even bigger than any single ring (beyond the first). You young guys will one day be talking about how Seattle's 2040 secondary just can't compare to the Legion of Boom.
I said this last year but was laughed at. They will do the Tampa thing just as they already said. Bennett confirmed it, this defense will go down as one of the historically good and the secondary? Child be ready to be shocked.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Footballoutsiders.com has a good article today breaking down the top run-stop rates for each position: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/extra- ... stop-rates

In 2013, Kam Chancellor had the second highest run-stop rate of any defensive back in the NFL (7.8%), behind only Denver FS T.J. Ward (8.6%). Not to take anything away from Ward, but he played on a Cleveland defense with much fewer great run stoppers in the front seven.

Earl Thomas was ranked 13th overall among DBs with a 3.8%.

Chancellor just keeps getting better. He's going to be an unstoppable force this season.

[youtube]Wvh1BS3KJg[/youtube]

TwilightError

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1ousvmmm said:
I definitely agree with best SS in the league. Not buying the '3rd best DB on our team,' because each player brings a unique ability. Sherm can neither bring bring Earl's speed nor Kam's physicality. Kam can't bring Sherman's ability to diagnose a play, locate the ball in mid air and make the pick nor does he have Earl's speed. Earl can't quite bring the wood like Kam does and he doesn't have the physical length Sherm and Kam enjoy. He doesn't quite have Sherm's ball skills either.

Together they are a formidable group, but to say one DB is better than the other is like comparing apples to oranges. One year ago, Kam was the most physical Safety in the league, but his coverage skills were only slightly above average at best. Now I would argue that no SS or FS in league offer his combination of physicality AND coverage skills. No doubt this is the result of a tight-knit group feeding off of one another.

This.

Not only are these three best in their positions, the way they work as a unit makes the combination even better. A unique thing to have, as none of them are looking to get stats on the cost of another, its true teamwork. And the team members are the best in the business in their specific roles... Amazing.

That said I think the most important player in our D is ET. Like said before, his ability to cover ground so fast makes it hard for QB to be sure his open receivers are actually open. It makes them second guess, make mistakes and hold the ball longer.

If I was to buy a new jersey right now, I'd have a hard time deciding between Chancellor (who is the most entertaining LOB member) and Irvin. Browner would have been a lock but it is what it is.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
I keep hearing about Kam or Sherman or Maxwell is merely a good player in a favorable system. I'm thinking that's one HELL of a system.

Or maybe the guys really are that good.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2x7hq0tm said:
I keep hearing about Kam or Sherman or Maxwell is merely a good player in a favorable system. I'm thinking that's one HELL of a system.

Or maybe the guys really are that good.
They are that good.