Kam Most Overrated NFL Player?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Prisco was on Cowherd this morning.

It's laughable that he still has such a hard on for the Seahawks. Last year, he had Russell Wilson as the most over rated player in the NFL. Then, after the season he had last year, he still won't retract the statement. He told Colin "well, he's a good, but not GREAT QB." He did admit to the fact that he would pay Russ franchise money though. There's no objectivity to his writing at all, and he won't admit when he's wrong at all, which isn't endearing to a sports writer. Anyone that prognosticates sports will be wrong once in a while, the better guys at least admit to it. Wilson led the league in passer rating last year. He had a historically good stretch of play. Now, lil' Petey will usually say "well he hasn't done it long enough" but Wilson has the record for starting a career with the highest QB rating.

I hope this really ticks Kam off. I hope our guys are motivated, because if they're motivated and pissed we're going to steam roll teams this year.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":b9ycv3ln said:
Hawk_Nation":b9ycv3ln said:
Hmmn....

Earl is pissed about his player ranking
Kam is back with something to prove, and to shut up the haters
Bennett is motivated by a new deal
Jarran Reed with the draft "slide" chip

The defense this year is going to be fun to watch..

Bobby Wagner is pissed he was left off the Top 100 NFL players also...

Honestly, I think we needed an offseason such as this one. This team plays a lot better angry. I think we needed a respect adjustment to reset our edge.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":islfepoz said:
Honestly, I think we needed an offseason such as this one. This team plays a lot better angry. I think we needed a respect adjustment to reset our edge.

I couldn't agree more. After XLVIII, the team suffered through various post championship maladies not the least of which being losing that hunger or at least having lost some of that edge that got them to the place of champions in the first place.

We play our best football hungry and pissed. The 2016 campaign is going to be so much fun.

two dog

Reaction score
I think Seahawk management should send Prisco a singing telegram and a
basket of oranges.

If he keeps it up no motivational speeches will be needed. The "chips" will
be flying and thunder gulch will thunder a little bit louder.

hawk45

Reaction score
Prisco would have been fine if he had said that up to last year Kam had been a legitimately dominant player, but that last year he was just a guy. Because that is true.

But Prisco doesn't add the context that Kam's reputation was more than earned, in fact he seems to deny it. He also claims that Kam's style of play doesn't have as much impact in today's NFL. And that is straight-up laughable. In the two years prior to last year, Kam could have been given the defensive MVP on a star-studded defense for his playoff performances. He tilted the field and changed the complexion of entire games with one hit.

It's obvious trolling and has been for quite some time IMO.

Willyeye

Reaction score
I mean honestly...who has been a good player in the past and had a worse year in 2015, Kam or Luck? I guess if he wanted to use that logic for his pick on the team only, fine. But there's no way Kam is deserving of most overrated in the entire NFL. If Prisco is trying to say Kam's was bad last year, he really needs to take a look at Andrew Luck.

McG

Reaction score
I rarely post, but I have to say this.

Ask Demaryius Thomas if he's underrated. Ask Vernon Davis if he's underrated. Ask Eric Winston if he's underrated. I'm sure if you polled every WR, TE, RB, QB, or even OL (ask Winston about that one) who's the last person that they would want to see coming at them at full speed in the NFL and it would be probably be Kam.

Stupid people are a dime a dozen these days with the advent of social media. Usually those people are limited to the lack of an audience, so the stupid shit they regurgitate is limited to their few virtual friends. The fact that this guy has a mainstream audience and is actually paid and employed by a reputable sports reporting company is insane. It's almost the equivalent of a banker telling it's members that the price of gold has gone down to $1.00 per ounce and their employer just laughing it off and ignoring his insanely irresponsible actions. That is this Prisco guy in a nutshell, a batshit crazy banker that people who are literally too stupid look up the actual price of gold, listen to and take his word for it, then invest accordingly. That is what his "reporting" equates to.

kearly

Reaction score
Personally, I don't think Kam is even close to being the most over-rated Seahawk. He was not up to his standards last year, but that had little if anything to do with his ability and everything to do with his holdout (which vastly affected his conditioning) and the headaches that came with having a new DC who was trying things out.

The most over-rated Seahawk is probably a supporting cast guy, someone like Luke Willson, Jordan Hill, Cassius Marsh, Brock Coyle, etc, etc, etc. Guys that are all replacement level contributors, but get treated like up and coming players on local sports radio. Kam, when right, is one of the biggest difference making safeties in the game.

But I don't think Prisco knows the Seahawks well enough to name the lower tier players, or is aware of their reputations. Or maybe he does, but wants a name that national audiences will recognize. Among Seattle's flagship players, truly none of them are over-rated or on bad contracts, which is a big reason why Seattle is such a dominant team. So I think he picked Kam because, in 2015 alone, Kam came the closest to being over-rated out of Seattle's flagship group.

However, the fact that he named Kam the most over-rated in the NFL reeks of sour grapes. Prisco seems to live in a bubble at CBS where his co-workers are afraid of him and his assertions are not properly challenged. That has enabled him to take some fairly ridiculous, homerific positions on things and not think twice about it.