Kearse to Wilson Pass

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I love Wilson taking that hit. Worry warts will worry about the negative spectrum... but it was true display of how fierce of a competitor Wilson really is. He's just so smart about it too. Knows when to stiff-arm, knows when to slide, knows when to fold, knows when to brace, and how to brace for impact...

It was awesome seeing the safety pin his ears back and try to give Wilson a big shot only for Wilson to give him a hard shoulder and de-helmet him.

Our hobbit of a QB certainly has some dog in him.... just ask JJ Watt in last years matchup... I think it was a Wilson stiffy that gnashed up Watt's face.

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
I'm fine with the call. I like trick plays.

But if you're going to loft it that high, throw it further so Russ can run under it and away from imminent danger...and make the 6.

Threedee

Reaction score
Typically when I see a non-QB complete a pass, I don't question the mechanics - although you guys are probably correct. Wish it would have been a TD, but it was damn fun. Someone recently brought-up the Wisconsin play, so they should probably give themselves props for predicting it.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1ba0b3cp said:
hawks4thewin":1ba0b3cp said:
now just think how that play would have worked with phil bates back there, since he played qb and has a decent throw.
A former QB back there may have tipped the defense and blown up the play. Just a thought.
Would like to have seen this play last year with M-Rob throwing since he was a QB in college.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Always keep 'em guessing something different this time may come.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
How about Turbin? With guns like that he has to have a cannon!

All Sarcasm aside, that one was a bit more risky than Wilson or the coaching staff would have liked. There were a couple more on the OT drive that also had me cringing a little. Its all about perspective though. I am sure from Wilson's perspective they were all manageable risks, from my TV perspective though, Bevell was (if only for a second!) an idiot.

OrFan

Reaction score
I loved it. Wilson is a football player, not just some fragile skinny qb like many of the "greats."

To expect a receiver to make a perfect throw is, in my opinion, a bit of a stretch. How many backup quarterbacks, who get paid to throw, will make that accurate of a pass?

OP
OP
Z

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I thought it was a cool play, but as soon as RW took a huge hit to his throwing shoulder. Yeah not a big fan. You know every player in every secondary just wants an excuse to bust a QB.

mikeak

Reaction score
Dalton had a TD on a very similiar pass from Sanu earlier in the day. Saw that one live and hoped that we would run something similiar in a game. Then laughed a few hours later

Sanu's pass was a LOT better :)

kidhawk

Reaction score
I agree with most....loved the play, but wish Kearse had thrown it better. I read somewhere, when asked about it, Kearse joked that he's going to be an elite qb in this league, so obviously he knows the throw wasn't very good, because there is sarcasm dripping all over that statement.

I will say that I thought it was a better throw than Lynch's throw back to Wilson last year though.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's football, players get hit. Loved the play, Kearse threw it like a WR :lol:

I hope they do it again, with a little more zip on the ball. Can't play football scared.

kidhawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":3fh6zcho said:
I agree with most....loved the play, but wish Kearse had thrown it better. I read somewhere, when asked about it, Kearse joked that he's going to be a franchise quarterback, so obviously he knows the throw wasn't very good, because there is sarcasm dripping all over that statement.

I will say that I thought it was a better throw than Lynch's throw back to Wilson last year though.

253hawk

Reaction score
Awesome play; don't even care about the 'risk.' It's football. Every single snap is a risk. Look at the Lions DT that hurt himself celebrating a sack and will have season-ending surgery. And you're all worried about a free safety hitting Wilson on a pursuit angle? :roll: Watch the hit again, it's about the best-case collision you could hope for on a non-wrap tackle.

Kearse had to run a few extra steps to sell the reverse (which pulled the FS over a few steps) and still had to wait for Wilson to wheel out into the clear, then stood tall and took a shot from a DT that finally shook free. Get off the poor kid.

Latest posts