Keeping it positive 5-3 is not a bad record .

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I see this team keeps fooling people which is nice, but at some point one needs to realize whats really happening here. This team is just a continuation of last seasons team and its not getting any better. The superbowl is a pipe dream for anybody thats a fan of this team. Aint happening.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
It's absurd to make such an irrefutable comment about not being able to make the Super Bowl at this juncture of the season. Hell, I'm sure without looking that Vegas has us in the top 20 percentile to MAKE the Super Bowl.

NJlargent

Reaction score
My ears are still ringing from that window yesterday. Hopefully in a couple years we get all new coaches and have a shot at getting back. For now we will just watch the continuous regression

OP
OP
T

tersal

Reaction score
Blitzer88":3cwjduf7 said:
Also, 5-3 isn't that great when you see what the Rams are doing.
Rams are just one game ahead by no means great.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":29gzayk1 said:
It's absurd to make such an irrefutable comment about not being able to make the Super Bowl at this juncture of the season. Hell, I'm sure without looking that Vegas has us in the top 20 percentile to MAKE the Super Bowl.

All anyone has to do is watch the games. This team is not that good and is in no way set up for a deep playoff run like you claim. At this rate, just making the playoffs is going to be an accomplishment.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
This team has no chance at a SB.

It is has the pieces, but our coaching staff will hold us back.

To suggest this team will make the SB assumes the team can even win a playoff game beyond the wildcard. For 2+ years now, that suggestion has proven to be ridiculous. Not only was the team not going to win those games, it was a joke to think they were even competitive.

5-3 Illustrates exactly what this team is, a good team with some key issues that will lead to losses over a third of the time. The funny thing is that we have 3 losses with the cake schedule we have. In the playoffs the teams get more difficult.

Unless something awful happens to Bevel that forces us to replace him, we have no chance beyond the wildcard. In fact, we most likely lose by 2 TDs or more in whatever playoff game past the wildcard we get. Because that is exactly what this team has done year after year.

5-3 is not a bad record, but it isn't a good one.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I don't buy that we're not a Super Bowl team. I like that we have harsh critics here but one loss doesn't change that. In fact, I'm pretty sure the Patriots have lost to the Browns and other inferior teams during their Super Bowl runs. There have also been wild card teams who win it all, after losing certain games. Some people aren't using logic as it relates to NFL history

I don't see any team in the NFL that is out of our league. The Eagles had trouble with the Niners at first but trounced the Broncos. Does that mean the Niners are better than the Broncos???

Super Bowl contenders are:

1) Seahawks
2) Chiefs
3) Eagles
4) Cowboys
5) Patriots
6) Steelers
7) Saints
8 ) Rams

*Honorable mention: Panthers

None of these teams are flawless. At least a few of these teams are going to struggle or lose in games they shouldn't. This is the NFL. In my opinion, this team was flying high from an emotional win and lost focus this week

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
It is a bad enough record to where we currently would not make the play offs. Clearly the picture can change, but it is also a showing that the NFC is very competitive this year, and we haven’t proven to be a top dog (not even top 6) halfway through. Not sure how we can be called a contender when it could very well be a struggle just to make the playoffs.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They are not going to miss the playoffs. Considering the swiss cheese O Line they have, 5-3 is not bad. They lost a game they should have won, period. Many have said they won a game they should have lost (Rams). It happens. Repeat the same record and 10-6 would likely get them in. They have nobody but themselves to blame for yesterday, zero excuse to lose to that team. And yes, it will likely haunt them. That whole HFA thing, not gonna' happen.
Just get to the dance and see what you can do. Still 8 games left, only a game back from that 2 seed basically.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Yeah, sure we can make the SB, it just doesn't seem likely at this point. We still have to play the Rams, Eagles, Cowboys, Jags, and Falcons (don't count them out as tough team to play yet). I'd argue those games are tougher than any game we played yet except @GB and maybe @TEN. I'm calling it, this team needs to go 7-1 from now on and hope the Eagles, Rams, and Saints suffer some more losses.

The Breh

Reaction score
Good lord at the reactionary posts in here. If I gave 1/2 a shit I'd go back to last weeks threads from a shootout no less and check to see which posters whose sky has fallen on them now and compare their perceptions after that game of this team. But I haven't gotten any 1 /2 shits today to spare so I'll continue to be mildly amused with what I read instead.
ET was out. Apparently a Richardson was too and I don't know which but do know the impact both play on their respective sides of the ball.
3 missed fg's and going for 2pt conversions when faith was lost in Walsh.
Massive yardage in penalties.
The SB losing play called not once but twice.
Russ having an off day in general.

This was not an average game by any means but y'all can continue to write the season off as you wish.
Posting less than 24 hours after a frustrating 3 point loss is right up there with drunk dialing in things in which to avoid.

I hope all these "all hope is lost" tendencies aren't applied to your daily way of life because, well....I'd hate to be stuck on the brink and when avoidable and correctable events happen my mindset would be so negatively impacted.

Be sure to smile, breathe and tip your waitresses.
See y'all next week.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Season is far from over. They haven't played near their potential, YET. How many years are we gonna' see this happen before we are not surprised that they start rolling mid-Nov and Dec? :lol:

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
If this were a 5-3 team by any other name, we would not be calling them contenders or making excuses for them. If Bevell coached for another team, we would not be green with envy. If Eddie Lacy were on another team, we would not be rooting for Schneider to work out a trade. If Graham was somewhere else whiffing on passes for 10M a year, we would be laughing at him and the team still gullible enough to sign his checks.

Step outside your fandom and look at this team objectively, then be honest: if you weren't a Seahawks fan, would you call this a good team? Or how about outcoached, outdated, fading, fed?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":3res04x6 said:
Step outside your fandom and look at this team objectively, then be honest: if you weren't a Seahawks fan, would you call this a good team?

At over .500? Yes.

Especially if I were a Texans fan.

The Redskins fans are going nuts with happiness right now that they beat a good team. It was a quality win because they know Seattle is a quality team. They wouldn't be as excited if they'd beaten the Colts.

We're not bad. We're just schizophrenic.

SoulfishHawk":3res04x6 said:
I don't a crap what other people think of this team. I know what they are capable of.

That's how I see it. Jekyll and Hyde. If we figure out how to kill Hyde, we'll be fine.

classicaaron

Reaction score
5-3 is a terrible record for this team. with the schedule a real contender should be 7-1. they are second in the division which is terrible. and for everyone saying they just have to beat the rams, well guess what they are a game up on the hawks. so that means they also control their own destiny. even if the hawks do beat them chances are the hawks drop another game or two they have no business losing. and the fact they beat the rams the first time was more of a fluke than anything. highly doubt the rams turn the ball over 5 times in the rematch. they played their worst game of the year and still only lost to us by 3.

and right now they are not even in the playoffs. your asking a lot of teams who do control their own destiny to start stinking it up. its the halfway point, teams are who they are at this point. and the hawks are a borderline playoff team that will need some help to make it.

stop sugar coating it and take off the green and blue shades.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Stop telling people how to Fan. Does it bother you that some of us believe and/or choose the positive route?