Keeping it positive 5-3 is not a bad record .

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You are correct, 5-3 is not a bad record.

Either is finishing at 10-6, but then what? Wild Card or low division winner, one home game then go get spanked on the road again?

This isn't about "not a bad record." It's about going 13-3, and having a real shot at HFA so we can get back to another SB. Anything less is a disappointing season with this group of players.

Stubbing your toe against a decimated Redskins team that you should have beat by 21 at HOME is embarrassing to me, can't happen if you consider yourself a SB front runner.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It has been a strange 2017 NFL season overall. So many good teams have had duds against crap teams. Doesn't make up for it, just not uncommon these days in the NFL.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Hawks allowed 53 yards rushing and hit Cousins 11 times including 6 sacks. Defensive meltdown and late Wilson trip sack shielded the game and that's that. It happens. I had us at 3-3 to start the season and 5-3 by this point. Penalties everywhere, 3 missed field goals, a near trap catch that stuns us at the end. And to me, it all sounds about right. Richardaon and ET will be back, left side has improved and the running game is looking like it could close games out in the near future. We got this.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hell yes we got this. And if we don't, people can pump their chests out and say "see, I told you" :2thumbs:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3cn8i2bw said:
The Redskins are not great. Not sure about 'inferior'. They beat us in our house.

We are good team.

We have not been great for several years.

And, as Bill Parcells said - You are what your record says you are. We played like a 5-3 team, if not a 5-4.

The days of being unbeatable at home are over. We need to lower expectations a bit.
Sounds like you're ready to quit....Again.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2wjqapqy said:
I don't buy that we're not a Super Bowl team. I like that we have harsh critics here but one loss doesn't change that. In fact, I'm pretty sure the Patriots have lost to the Browns and other inferior teams during their Super Bowl runs. There have also been wild card teams who win it all, after losing certain games. Some people aren't using logic as it relates to NFL history

I don't see any team in the NFL that is out of our league. The Eagles had trouble with the Niners at first but trounced the Broncos. Does that mean the Niners are better than the Broncos???

Super Bowl contenders are:

1) Seahawks
2) Chiefs
3) Eagles
4) Cowboys
5) Patriots
6) Steelers
7) Saints
8 ) Rams

*Honorable mention: Panthers

None of these teams are flawless. At least a few of these teams are going to struggle or lose in games they shouldn't. This is the NFL. In my opinion, this team was flying high from an emotional win and lost focus this week
The naysayers want nothing to do with your positivity's.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
"WE" don't need to do crap. You can keep your low expectations, that's great for you. Others choose to believe, and that's not gonna' change.

Mindsink

Reaction score
classicaaron":3ehqcxsx said:
5-3 is a terrible record for this team. with the schedule a real contender should be 7-1. they are second in the division which is terrible. and for everyone saying they just have to beat the rams, well guess what they are a game up on the hawks. so that means they also control their own destiny. even if the hawks do beat them chances are the hawks drop another game or two they have no business losing. and the fact they beat the rams the first time was more of a fluke than anything. highly doubt the rams turn the ball over 5 times in the rematch. they played their worst game of the year and still only lost to us by 3.

and right now they are not even in the playoffs. your asking a lot of teams who do control their own destiny to start stinking it up. its the halfway point, teams are who they are at this point. and the hawks are a borderline playoff team that will need some help to make it.

stop sugar coating it and take off the green and blue shades.

"Control your own destiny" is a silly term to throw out when you're only half way through the season.

And btw, the Rams lost to the Redskins too, at home.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1xapide4 said:
It has been a strange 2017 NFL season overall. So many good teams have had duds against crap teams. Doesn't make up for it, just not uncommon these days in the NFL.
EXACTLY! ^^^
No great team is immune to playing a bad game or two, just as there's no written rule that a flailing team won't turn the tables on a Championship caliber team.......Games aren't won or lost on paper.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
seanmatt":3fqx3x5w said:
True, 5-3 is not a bad record. At this point it is also not a good enough record to get us into the playoffs (we're currently ranked 7th in the NFC). Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

This. Besides being 7th, there are many teams just one game behind us, and one of those is Arizona.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Seahawks are playing teams that actually have pretty good defenses this year. That is also leading to the offense struggles but no excuse for losing yesterday. I think they were on a tremendous high from the game against Houston and forgot about the Redskins. It showed in their effort yesterday. They should have won that game easily but they just weren't into it. Just too many mistakes. Yet they still had a chance to pull it out.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Look around the league this year, there are a ton of games where a team was expected to win easily, only to get the L. Still gotta' lace em up.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If there's anything positive, the Rams lost to the Redskins at home too. So there is hope after this loss yet.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well those that think were going to win it all great, but don't blow wind up my ass and tell me I am sucking air. 2014 we were up and coming and players were improving at a lot of key positions. This team has some youth but the core is vets and that improvement swing isn't going to be as extreme.

We have mental mistakes, we have Coaching snafus, we have injuries, we also have a rift between offense and defense that is on a low boil, we have seen it heat up a few times but it's likely to start getting more heated the more games we have like this where we can't score for 3 quarters. Statistics are great, win loss record is more important.