Kellen Davis

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":33bzkqv6 said:
How good would Austin Safarian-Jenkins look in a Hawks uniform next year? :)

That is my draft dream... :D

12thMan1

Reaction score
I honestly don't get all the hate for Kellen Davis. This is only his 2nd game with the team, he's seen limited action and after 3 penalties, (correct me if there's more I need to consider) a good majority of you are ready to write him off. He had some good catches last week against Jacksonville (I know, not the most challenging team) and from what I've seen his run blocking isn't the worst ( I look forward to Kearly's Random Thoughts post where it's hopefully addressed in detail). On top of that, I've just been reading about how it was a mistake to get rid of McGrath and how well he's doing in KC. Well then who in free agency would you have the FO bring in if they did let Davis go since they apparently screwed up on that decision?
I remember when Giacomini was committing a ton of penalties and people were ready to give up on him. Now he's cleaned it up after spending some time with the team. Same story for Browner. Give the guy a chance. He's honestly not that terrible of a player IMO.

bigcc

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":35lgirjr said:

horrible because it means the team started tanking.

He's a top 20 (at worst pick), and without our 3rd it likely means we would have to give up our 1st and 2nd in order to move up high enough to grab him.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Count me as one that wanted to keep McGrath. I was stunned he was cut. I also hope we get a good TE next year. I do like Miller and I think Willson is going to be pretty good, too.

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1i0ydfhw said:

True, but there's no way Sefarian-Jenkins would still be available with the 32nd overall pick. Maybe we could trade for a mid 1st-rounder to get him. Ha.

Seeker

Reaction score
Don't even get me started on carp. someone should revoke his weightroom pass and put his big butt on a treadmill. Every play that involved a Russell sack or hurry was followed by a replay of him being beating off a block (sometimes by the d-lineman just giving him a simple electric slide move) and cruising for the easy hit on RW.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm surprised that the Seahawks aren't considering guys like Todd Heap, Kevin Boss, or Randy McMichael to help out. Of course, these guys may have already signed on with other teams. I know they are happy with Zach and Luke but they need a decent 3rd TE because both are quite injury prone.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Obviously we have major problems if we are bitching about our 3rd TE.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Yeah, as much as I was a huge Sean McGrath supporter, his blocking wasn't were the Seahawks needed it to be. IMO, he was behind: Miller, Fells, Wilson, and Helfet as a blocker.

As pass-catcher, gaining 10 pounds, over the off-season to put him around 260, significantly took away from his athleticism especially his speed.

Its not as big of loss as people think it is and in KC he's working with a QB in Alex Smith that works well with his skillset more-so than Wilson would.

Davis, is okay, people around here make such a big deal about errors and like to find scapegoats and what not, but fact is there were many players who made mistakes against Houston not just Davis.

IMO, Davis is the closest thing we are going to get in Anthony McCoy. Similar builds, similar athleticism, and similar games.

He's the 3rd TE, and most likely won't be here next year, he'll get better through making mistakes, with more familiarity within our system, and chemistry with our players.

hawker84

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1rbzksur said:
They got too cute with the whole Mike Person experiment. Cutting McGrath was a poor personnel decision. There's no other way to slice it.

At the end of the day, you're talking about a #3 TE, though, so whatever. They must like something about Davis since he gets on the field. He's already been more visible than Evan Moore ever was last year.

Yep and we saw what happened to Evan Moore. If Davis isn't already buried farther back on the depth chart after yesterday's bonehead penalty spree, i would say he's treading on very thin ice at this point...

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
From my eyes,
he hasn't dropped anything thrown his way.
I haven't watched his blocking.
His penalties suck.. but he will get better.

Mick063

Reaction score
This isn't a case of preferring Davis over McGrath. This was a case of the preferred player (McGrath) being claimed and later, a minor injury to Willson that gave the staff enough anxiety to pick up another tight end quickly. If McGrath was available, he would have been called back in an instant.

Willson suffered from a minor chest injury and Carroll panicked at his TE depth. When McCoy gets healthy next season, Davis will be likely be released. Davis may not make it that long. Seattle may raid a practice squad before then. The NFL is relatively deep at tight end this year compared to recent seasons.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I'd like to see Fells get a legit chance. Put him in and see if he can produce. The upside is there, imagine the mismatches on redzone with that size..