Kelvin Benjamin Possibly Blew Off Seahawks?

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
Speculation of course, but this article implies it was either the Hawks or Saints.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-o...vin-benjamin-blows-off-workout-with-nfl-coach

three of the five CBSSports.com mock drafters predict Benjamin will be selected in the first round (either at No. 27 to New Orleans or at No. 32 to Seattle).

Whether this reported faux pas will have an impact on Benjamin's draft stock remains to be seen. But it stands to reason that whichever team was blown off by Benjamin probably won't use its first-round draft pick on him.

This guy is intriguing fo sho. That said, nobody blows off Pete.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
The article doesn't imply that at all. It just notes that mock drafts have Benjamin going to the Hawks or Saints. There's not even any speculation that the alleged coach that was blown off is connected to either of those teams.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Great way to make a good impression for the other 30-31 NFL teams, lol.

He's tired during the off season? This dude wouldn't last one week in Seattle.

OP
OP
TalontedNoseRider

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1f9d5ui0 said:
The article doesn't imply that at all. It just notes that mock drafts have Benjamin going to the Hawks or Saints. There's not even any speculation that the alleged coach that was blown off is connected to either of those teams.

I suppose you're right. But for &$@)($ sake bro, can we just entertain the idea with so much going on?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I wasn't really high on him before...now he's "too tired" to work out for a coach before the draft? Let some other team take this chump

volsunghawk

Reaction score
TalontedNoseRider":1qooznla said:
volsunghawk":1qooznla said:

I suppose you're right. But for &$@)($ sake bro, can we just entertain the idea with so much going on?

Don't see why not. But I'm a sucker for accuracy. Sorry. :mrgreen:

bbsplitter

Reaction score
If they were going to draft him at 32 I don't this would change much. If he was worth a 1st rounder in their books it was for his size, not his lavish work ethic. I don't really know which would be worse for him either... working out when your tired or sick or dehydrated or whatever his reason and performing poorly, or taking a "rain check" as he did.

two dog

Reaction score
It doesn't matter who the coach was that he blew off. A prospect who
is "too tired" leading up to the draft isn't much of a prospect.

If the story is true, this guy is going to be nothing but a pain for the
team that drafts him. Hope it's not us.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
These kids are coddled for so long that some sense of entitlement happens for them. Depending on the actual circumstances of the "blow-off" this could cost Benjamin big time and may ensure he is not taken in the 1st rd., thus costing him big $. What a freaking dummy.

randomation

Reaction score
Good would really prefer seattle to not draft KB especially in the first round.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Slow to arrive to workout and slow on the field . . . Benjamin is just slow.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
It has to be a team that he didn't want to get drafted by. Minnesota? Bills? Jets? Teams that aren't going anywhere. I highly doubt it was Seattle or Saints. Two Franchises that have a good coaching staff. I really want him in Seattle.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":1nkf9ef6 said:
It has to be a team that he didn't want to get drafted by. Minnesota? Bills? Jets? Teams that aren't going anywhere. I highly doubt it was Seattle or Saints. Two Franchises that have a good coaching staff. I really want him in Seattle.

It doesn't matter what the teams were. Every coaching staff knows he bailed on a scheduled workout now

QuahHawk

Reaction score
WE really have no idea behind the whole situation. He could have had back to back workouts and because one team was late he wasn't going to put himself at risk. All speculation and to me doesn't change a thing. More than likely this is rumor a team who actually wants him put out there to drop his draft stock.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
A lot of guys (in FA and not just the draft) aren't to inclined with doing private workouts after that Brandon Thomas injury. Falling a few spots is better than falling a few rounds or even out of the draft. But I wasn't a Benjamin fan anyways, so I'm okay with it.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
A ton of assumptions here. If he got caught smoking weed right before the combine would you say don't draft him?

Latest posts