Kelvin Benjamin Possibly Blew Off Seahawks?

CPHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":17y8uhzq said:
Immature, lacks concentration, drops, no thanks.

Says the guy slobbering all over Jenkins.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3lu2p99e said:
A ton of assumptions here. If he got caught smoking weed right before the combine would you say don't draft him?

I wouldn't draft him if he were Mother Teresa.. he can't catch.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
If you throw Benjamin ten passes, he's likely to drop one of them. His drop rate was over 9% in 2013.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Certain guys fit the Seahawks so well physical-wise I just hope they are available at their pick so the GM and coaches can decide.

Personally, while drafting Benjamin makes me nervous, I'd take him at 32 over any receiver not named Watkins, Evans, or OBJ (haven't graded Lee). I feel with some improvement he could dominate at the next level.

His drops are annoying, but he actually has good hands. He can pluck the ball from the air with arms extended away from his body. His problems are more a concentration issue which is often him looking for YAC before completing the catch. That CAN be improved.

He'll probably always have drop issues, but if he continues to make game changing plays like he did at FSU, coaches will deal with those.

I like the fact he's a brute and intimidator which this WR corp severely lacks. Attempting tackling cornerbacks' bounce off him and he'll stare down a corner after making a big catch (I love Baldwin and Harvin, but no defender's gonna take those looks seriously from them two). Plus he's good for a pancake block every game.

He has character questions, but I try not to judge prospects on those things. There's so much misinformation out there it's difficult to separate facts from rumors.

Anyways it will be interesting to see what team takes the chance on him. I think he'll go before #32 personally.

billio155

Reaction score
If true, he will be taken off the Seahawks board.
Pete does not suffer fools lightly.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I REALLY want the hawks to pick him at 32. Awesome pick

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
billio155":20z6tkwb said:

Anthony McCoy failed a drug test at the combine and Bruce Irvin was arrested for destruction of property and disorderly conduct ~40 days from the draft. If anything, Pete's more willing to give a second chance than most coaches.

Sac

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":82wsqshl said:
billio155":82wsqshl said:

Anthony McCoy failed a drug test at the combine and Bruce Irvin was arrested for destruction of property and disorderly conduct ~40 days from the draft. If anything, Pete's more willing to give a second chance than most coaches.

Don't forget about Tharold Simon

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":j9p48o6r said:
Recon_Hawk":j9p48o6r said:
billio155":j9p48o6r said:

Don't forget about Tharold Simon

That's right! He was arrested on day 1 of the draft lol.

"According to police records, he told the officer, ""I own Eunice" and "I'm gonna buy these projects, and you are gonna be mine.""

Oh you LSU players and your shenanigans :lol:

McGruff

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3ukfbxgd said:
He would be the Hawks first receiver who runs a 4.6s 40.

And Earl Thomas is the only Seahawks DB under 5'11" and with a sub 32inch arm length . . .

Point being that Pete and John will take players outside their box if their strengths outweigh their weaknesses. The question is not "will they do it?" but "is Benjamin the kind of player they'd do it for?"

sc85sis

Reaction score
I can't say for sure, but I suspect Pete is more likely to "ding" a guy for crap work ethic than other mistakes--even off the field ones.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
McGruff":25g1yd50 said:
hawknation2014":25g1yd50 said:
He would be the Hawks first receiver who runs a 4.6s 40.

And Earl Thomas is the only Seahawks DB under 5'11" and with a sub 32inch arm length . . .

Point being that Pete and John will take players outside their box if their strengths outweigh their weaknesses. The question is not "will they do it?" but "is Benjamin the kind of player they'd do it for?"
Exactly.

It's like some people have never witnessed this FO at work during the draft. The Hawks don't not draft someone because that player can't do X, Y or Z. The Hawks draft a player because he can do W, and the Hawks want to exploit that strength.