Ken Norton’s in ability to adjust his Defense is pathetic.

128consecutive

Reaction score
How Many times did the Titans run the exact same play in the 4th quarter and OT? And ran it successfully! I counted 11.

hoxrox

Reaction score
It's a Pete/KNJ thing. They are so scared of getting beat for a quick score over the top, they give up the middle all day.

[youtube]W1DSclpWEqI[/youtube][/quote]

With a quick score, at least you have time to come back and kick the winning field goal in regulation. But they allowed the Titans to use up all the clock and score.

I can understand this approach if we were up by two scores in the 4th. But situationally, they didn't handle it well.

CelticWolf12

Reaction score
This is a huge concern for Seattle!

There have been lots of posts about this Seattle loss being on the offense. I disagree 1000%. Yes, the offense could have played so much better instead of reverting to a game plan that looked like Schottenheimer 2.0. And, yes the offense in OT put the Seattle D in a horrible situation. However, the offense did score 30 (albeit an ugly 30), which should have been enough to win.

I usually don’t get to high or too low with a Seattle win or loss, especially at the beginning of the season. However, Seattle did have one of the WORST DEFENSES EVER last season. Yes, I know the last 8 games they improved. But, that is deceiving. Look who they played. Jared Goff (x2), Wentz, Haskins (threw for 300 yards), Murray (at least he didn’t throw for 360+ again), Darnold, McCoy, and Beathard. Lots of bad teams and lots of bad quarterback play. In the playoffs, the Seahawk defense was marinated, embarrassed and exposed.

I figured this season Seattle beefed up the D-line with the addition of Woods, Hyder, Dunlap (for a full season) etc. They are much faster @LB and they have a 100% healthy Jamal Adams back. On paper, Seattle has some big names and talented defensive players. None of that seems to matter.

KNJ has run out of excuses. Everyone on planet earth knew that Henry was going to run the football! The same damn play over and over again. KNJ had no answer! This Seattle D had no answer! No innovation! No surprises…nothing! There doesn’t even seem to be any changes schematically week to week. I believe Richard Sherman said a few years ago (perhaps another former Seattle player) that the league has figured out this Seattle defense. It looks like that is absolutely the truth. Arizona held The Titans to approximately 200 yard passing and 60 yards on the ground. Against this JV Seattle defense, Tannehill threw for over 350 yards and Henry ran for nearly 200 yards!!!

Somehow, PC & KNJ need to figure this thing out quickly!!!!

Go Hawks
Still hopeful!!!

Latest posts