Ken Norton Jr, Think this should be his last season

JPatera76

Reaction score
The dude is the...... dare i say it?

Darrell Bevel of the Defense

Chapow

Reaction score
Defense only gave up 18 points until there was less than a minute to go in the game and we were up by 20.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I willing to see this year out. Not a fan of his last year, not a fan of going into the prevent/soft zone too early.
Liked him better as a LB’ers coach. Hope he proves me wrong.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
sc85sis":2jcm4rq8 said:
Sometimes I wish Pete would take over play calling.

What makes you think he doesn’t already?

The defensive scheme has been the same since Carroll became coach. Only things that have changed is the talent and the rules. But the DCs have been merely an extension of Pete’s philosophy.

Chapow

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3mdfka67 said:
400+ yards from Ryan...

And only 1 TD in the first 59 minutes of the game from Ryan...

Yards don't mean much if you aren't scoring.

nanomoz

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":26l2aqmn said:
400+ yards from Ryan.

Geez.

Norton not adjusting.

He should be dismissed.

Aren't the Hawks under Pete like 9-1 against 400 yard passers?

getnasty

Reaction score
Thought the defense was pretty good when it counted today. I'm not a huge Norton fan but today he was fine.

Chapow

Reaction score
nanomoz":16putr32 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":16putr32 said:
400+ yards from Ryan.

Geez.

Norton not adjusting.

He should be dismissed.

Aren't the Hawks under Pete like 9-1 against 400 yard passers?

That would make sense because usually when a qb racks up 400+ yards it's because they're either in a shoot out or down by a lot in the 4th quarter.

Ryan racked up a lot of yardage when his team was down by multiple scores in the 4th quarter today. I doubt he's very stoked about his 450 yards though.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Last season, should of been his last season.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
This place is funny. Win convincingly but let's fire someone because the other team got some meaningless stats when the game was no longer in doubt.

Never change Seahawks.net, never change.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Matt Ryan may have put up a ton of yards, but the defense stepped up to the challenge when it counted. They stopped Atlanta when it counted.

Atlanta was 0-4 on 4th down. Id argue that was the key stat of the day.

I was at the game last year when Schaub put up 300+ yards on our secondary. Their offense is explosive and they've always put up points against us even with the LOB.

This was the first game and a lot to sort out and fix, no doubt.

But I liked how they utilized Adams and blitzed a bit more today. I'm not ready to fire Norton (yet.)

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Not a fan of Norton, but again I will give him credit for using Adams well today.

Erebus

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1wt05srs said:
Matt Ryan may have put up a ton of yards, but the defense stepped up to the challenge when it counted. They stopped Atlanta when it counted.

Atlanta was 0-4 on 4th down. Id argue that was the key stat of the day.

I was at the game last year when Schaub put up 300+ yards on our secondary. Their offense is explosive and they've always put up points against us even with the LOB.

This was the first game and a lot to sort out and fix, no doubt.

But I liked how they utilized Adams and blitzed a bit more today. I'm not ready to fire Norton (yet.)

Schaub actually threw for 460 against us last year. So today was a bit of an improvement.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1z5gzf8v said:
sc85sis":1z5gzf8v said:
Sometimes I wish Pete would take over play calling.

What makes you think he doesn’t already?

The defensive scheme has been the same since Carroll became coach. Only things that have changed is the talent and the rules. But the DCs have been merely an extension of Pete’s philosophy.
Unless.something has changed, he doesn't. He made it very clear when he came to Seattle that he would let the DC call the plays.

Wrash

Reaction score
I’m curious - do you all think the 2:00 minute scoring drive in the 4th by Matt Ryan was on Norton or our secondary? My biggest fear as a Hawks fan is knowing that the Air-Raid is coming by the opposing team. Seems like these guys have a tendency to lose composure and become tunnel-visioned, leading to massive gains by opposing receivers in an incredibly short window of time. Maybe my criticism is misguided - I just feel like Norton doesn’t have a real plan to defend the pass in these instances when you know the opposing team will be looking to make up ground with major chunk-yardage plays.

hawks85

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":15ii4k3k said:
400+ yards from Ryan.

Geez.

Norton not adjusting.

He should be dismissed.
Yup, I have been telling people this for a while. Loaded secondary or not, we got torched for over 400 yards. I dont care if it was garbage time. It won't say that on the stat sheet. Norton is a GARBAGE DC, but I'll wont completely judge yet. I know there was no pre-season games etc...so by week 5-6 there should be MAJOR improvement on that Pass D. I already want Norton replaced, but I wanna see what they do when they get some playing time under their belt.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not a fan of Norton but I don't see how you could use today as an example of the problem with him.

Offenses are FAR ahead of defenses across the league right now.

Considering that, he did OK.