Ken Norton Sr. passes away

HawkWow

Reaction score
Damn. He was a great one. How odd. Last night I was watching the replay of the game (youtube). They showed Ken Jr and I tried to recall whether or not his pops was still alive. He was a gentleman and I still have a hard time shaking the image of his brutal KO at the hands of Gerry Cooney. That was just plain ugly. I sure liked him and I'm grateful for the entertainment he provided.

RIP Champ!

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Norton Sr. was a beast, loved watching him fight back in the day. I was always on his side! RIP Sir, and thank you for those memories!

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
One of the greats in an unbelievable era of heavyweights. Condolensces to Ken, Jr., and RIP champ.

The Radish

Reaction score
He and his Father were not close and estranged for several years

I hope they got back together before his death.

:les:

drdiags

Reaction score
The Radish":xqy31iq0 said:
He and his Father were not close and estranged for several years

I hope they got back together before his death.

:les:

They reconciled a while back. Sr was at some recent TC practices this year. Maybe not all issues resolved but hopefully they had an accord. R.I.P Ken Norton Sr

samwize77

Reaction score
Thats to bad...one of the greats in an era of greats. RIP

HawkWow

Reaction score
samwize77":3516pfni said:
Thats to bad...one of the greats in an era of greats. RIP

Yep. An era before HWs got wise, dashing their boxing dreams for Football and Baseball. There's not been a HW since Tyson that would beat a prime Norton (in this era). If not for Ali and Frazier, Norton would have been talked about like Ali and Frazier. But he was a quiet, private man and unlike the aforementioned, seldom called attention to himself.

My family is riddled with boxers and we all loved Kenny Norton. I have to call my dad with this bad news. His passing pains me...and ages me.