Kenny McIntosh sprains knee in mock game

JPatera76

Reaction score
reading the article, him getting up walking and then seemingly getting is wrapped and just sitting... im not necessarily worried.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I’m not going to repeat the rumor I heard because I’m praying it’s not true.

If so, we’re not going to be happy.
Gon' head and say it. You repeating a rumor isn't gonna magically make it (or worse) come true. And is your source someone who actually works for the team or someone who just was at the game in the 300s and saw it happen?

whidbeast

Reaction score
Impossible. Against league policy for one team to have 2 RBs named Kenneth injured at the same time.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
DJ Dallas had a really nice deep sleep last night.

Kareem Hunt perhaps..

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Yikes...I hope McIntosh's sprain is just a minor sprain and nothing more. More importantly, that he fully recovers and is able to play soon.

In meantime, if the worse case scenario happens, there are Dalvin Cook, Zeke Elliott, Leornard Fournette, and Kareem Hunt (as mentioned by SNDavidson) still waiting in free agency.

Last edited:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
They have to wait a couple days for any swelling to go down before MRI
right?
Hope he's good..

GGotskill

Reaction score
Yikes...I hope McIntosh's sprain is just that and nothing more. More importantly, that he fully recovers and is able to play soon.

Labeling it a sprain doesn't indicate severity. Depending on the grade, it could be a full tear. Sprain and tear can be used interchangeably.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Labeling it a sprain doesn't indicate severity. Depending on the grade, it could be a full tear. Sprain and tear can be used interchangeably.
Thanks for the clarification. I meant to put minor sprain. I've corrected it now.

GGotskill

Reaction score
They have to wait a couple days for any swelling to go down before MRI
right?
Hope he's good..

You can diagnose an ACL tear very easily in the moment. Even if they know it's an ACL tear they wouldn't say anything until after imaging either way though. If it's something other than an ACL tear, they definitely need use to imaging, and minimizing swelling is necessary to get an accurate diagnosis.

So regardless we probably won't hear anything official until he has an MRI.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
You can diagnose an ACL tear very easily in the moment. Even if they know it's an ACL tear they wouldn't say anything until after imaging either way though. If it's something other than an ACL tear, they definitely need use to imaging, and minimizing swelling is necessary to get an accurate diagnosis.

So regardless we probably won't hear anything official until he has an MRI.

Well a significant tear of the ACL or MCL can be diagnosed clinically. Minor tears need MRI. But he could merely have some pain and swelling in his knee and they'll call it a sprain until they find out more on imaging. So it could be anything from ligaments to menisci to tendons right now. He wasn't carted off which is the best sign it's not catastrophic. About the only real bad thing would be ACL.