KJ Wright - "Accountability wasn't even"

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
accountability is such a canard. What were they going to do, bench Wilson after a bad game? the whole premise is absurd.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Quarterbacks are treated differently in every aspect of the game from the media to the officials to the fans, why would we expect it to be any different in the locker room? Besides, as KJ noted, as Wilson progressed, they started to hold him more accountable in the locker room.

I see something similar with Geno happening right now. Pete wants to build his confidence, so they are calling a lot of quick, easy throws. For the most part, that worked for the first game. It won't work forever though, because defenses will pick up on this, as the Broncos did in the second half and make it very hard to move the ball, so Geno will need to use that confidence to expand his playmaking abilities.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
accountability is such a canard. What were they going to do, bench Wilson after a bad game? the whole premise is absurd.

That's not what is being described by KJ. What KJ is politely referring to is that Russ was treated with kid gloves by the coaching staff. No one was looking to bench him but addressing (and working on) his mistakes should have been front and center - just as it was for the star studded defense that carried him early in his career.

Last edited:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

I think it was more that Wilson's teammates thought Pete and the rest of the coaching staff put on kid gloves with Russell because they knew he had a fragile ego, thus the "treating him different than the rest of the team."

This isn't the first time we've heard this, quite a few players said this WHILE they played with him. Doug, Sherm, Mikey B.

I mean, from what went down the past two years with Russell's exit, it's pretty clear he didn't take criticism well, or ownership of his own mistakes. Dude threw his O-line under the bus on a national radio show for god's sake. What QB has ever done that?

Seahawker

Reaction score
Not so absurd, they got two 1st's, two 2nd's, a 5th and three players & a ton of cap room for benching him.
BTW Oct 1 is fast approaching.

John63

Reaction score
Ist amazing to me how numerous people can listen to the same thing and yet take away different things. Or how people are surprised that a QB is treated differently than other players. I mean it only happens on every team in the league.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Ist amazing to me how numerous people can listen to the same thing and yet take away different things. Or how people are surprised that a QB is treated differently than other players. I mean it only happens on every team in the league.

Who is surprised? Anyone that has been paying attention knew this was true a long time ago.

Boycie

Reaction score

C'mon Mark! You know that your client had a fragile ego, and was handled differently.

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
This isn't the first time we've heard this, quite a few players said this WHILE they played with him. Doug, Sherm, Mikey B.

And I've heard the argument, "well that is just coming from the b***hurt malcontent contingent" I thought it was important to point out KJ saying this as he is the first of the players to say this despite clearly not belonging in that category.

Seymour

Reaction score
I think the big difference is some people are Seahawk fans that liked Russell Wilson, and a few are Russell Wilson fans who like the Seahawks.

See the difference?

Lagartixa

Reaction score

What are you doing here? We've seen you referring to the Broncos as "we" on the Broncos fan board. I thought that meant you were completely "out of the closet" on being a Wilson fan and not a Seahawks fan, but here you are again.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
kj comes across as a well-spoken, thoughtful, and neutral guy. for him to even agree in the public arena that wilson did get special treatment in that building is both telling and believable. it just reinforces the narrative we've heard all along that wilson needed catered to and there was consequently resentment and division. then factor in all the manipulation stuff he would try to pull, and wilson comes off as an entitled princess...

Last edited:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score

Not true, only on teams with a prima donna QB.

Please, link us up to articles about players on Buffalo, KC, Baltimore, San Diego, Cincinnati, etc. Nope, just the usual prima donna suspects like the Packers, NE, Arizona..........and soon to hear rumblings coming out of Denver after they underachieve this year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
KJ rolled with it. Guys like Sherm and Doug are just different cats. It all came out, not really overly shocked. You can like a player AND the team, whoa, mind blown.
And does it really matter at this point? He's long gone. It was CLEARLY time to part ways, for the team and for him.
And it will be for the best in the long run.

OP
OP
bigskydoc

bigskydoc

Reaction score
And it's amazing to me how for some people, no amount of evidence is sufficient, and for others, no amount of evidence is necessary.

This is Wright, we are talking about. He's the consummate team man. Quiet, unassuming, and supportive of all his team mates. He has been playing football for many, many years, and understands exactly how QB's are typically treated, and how that typical treatment differs from the way Wilson appears to have been treated. He isn't the first, but he is by far the most convincing voice. He isn't a malcontent, airing grievances.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I hear ya. It is what it is. I come on here every day I'm at work. So I certainly can walk away if I want to.
I suspect at some point it will die down. We all look at it differently, and that's cool. People are angry and worked up, so be it. I was at 49, most angry I've ever been in my entire life. And I knew when that happened, this team would NEVER be the same. So hearing KJ say it didn't surprise me one bit.
It was a TEAM loss. Not just one guy. Now they are working on rebuilding this team, the trust, the whole damn thing.
I'm ready for something new, and it will be fun to watch this team develop. And after the win, I can come back on here and be told to chill out and how stupid I am for being excited about a win. You know, dot net :cool:

Latest posts