KJR: Chris Clemons - torn ACL?

O-LineFan

Reaction score
As much as is sucks, it may end up being an opportunity to see who steps up. Kind of a Sherman replacing Thurmond situation.

I hope we get Clem back ASAP, but maybe we'll have a new star step up.

superdeluxe

Reaction score
Wow. That crappy turf might have really damaged Clemons knee. Daniel Snyder you POS. hope the nfl fines the skins!

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Snyder has already gotten what he deserved by being a slimeball money grubbing owner -- additional injury to his franchise quarterback, and the third loss in a row in the playoffs to the Seahawks.

I mean, if he wants to cripple his fast fast team by making them play on a crappy sod field that slows the game down, be my guest. It's stupid, but it's his call.

Stupid!

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
BocciHawk":1dnewa31 said:
Snyder has already gotten what he deserved by being a slimeball money grubbing owner -- additional injury to his franchise quarterback, and the third loss in a row in the playoffs to the Seahawks.

I mean, if he wants to cripple his fast fast team by making them play on a crappy sod field that slows the game down, be my guest. It's stupid, but it's his call.

Stupid!

Well said, Bocci. Someone needs to do a study on this shit field. Just read it's where Adrian Peterson blew out his knee, as well. The league should force them to change it.

Hope Clem is ok, and hope nothing serious for RG3 (would have been rooting for them if we didn't play them)

Remember the old days when turf was blowing out knees, now it seems like it is grass...weird

entropyrulesall

Reaction score
Throwdown":1tqodvac said:
He walked off the field though?

I walked and could even jog (no cutting) after both of my ACL tears. The pain is minimal too, few nerve endings in the ligament. Still requires graft and surgery for even maintaining quality of life, let alone football.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Kooshster":2ejud9vc said:
All because of that STUPID turf that Dan Snyder was too stupid/cheap to re-sod because he's a MORON.

Snyder is a complete dick. Worthless geek sonofabitch. Glad we punked his team in his stadium .

Danny Darko

Reaction score
wow. Our GM is a freaking genius. Where would we be if he hadn't reached for a guy that we all groaned at picking at the time? No Jones and now no Clem....that's bad news.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":gud50yks said:
We played pretty well without him for what its worth.

Hope is is ok.

That's because Bradley woke up and started being more aggressive when Clem went down. He brought Kam one time and Johnson another time. You don't have to blitz every play, but there needs to be the threat of it at least. Irvin seemed to pick it up at as well.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Gregg Scruggs is a terror on opposing Olines and will light Matt Ryan up. Maybe Jaye Howard will show some of his potential.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Huge bummer, but I agree that the Redskins need to be fined and forced to keep their field in better condition. Ridiculous. This isn't high school football.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Can we just give up our next two 1st rounders and pick up Ziggy Ansah now? Man, would he help out right about now. He's like a Clem clone.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1pgft6mc said:
Huge bummer, but I agree that the Redskins need to be fined and forced to keep their field in better condition. Ridiculous. This isn't high school football.

Most of the high schools in my area have field turf and thus have a nicer playing surface than the pro stadium in the area (Soldier Field).

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3mzxqt4d said:

Yes, with the emphasis on safety, then the Seahawks should have been able to say "We will not play on this field until it is fixed." In every other sport I've seen it happen. Hockey teams won't play on soft ice, NBA teams won't play on wet floors, and soccer teams won't play on fields that are ripped up and could cause serious injury (especially when you're running upwards of 7 miles). Say what you want about those other sports not being "tough", but I say it is smart. The NFL should have addressed this several years ago and given them the option to put in field turf, or risk having games moved to the other team's home field. They don't take care of their playing surface. To me it is as bad as the VET was in Philly, and that field ruined careers and caused many players to leave the organization at their first chance for fear of serious injury.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
RiggoReincarnated":2tvprd6e said:
Reaneypark":2tvprd6e said:
That crappy field took out one of our best played too. Goddell should fine the Redskins for that crap.

Oh come on man...your team WILL NOT let injuries be an excuse. You will beat Atlanta next week and then Harbaugh will cry in the NFC Championship game. Have faith.

That penny-pinching owner of yours needs to drop a few bucks on some decent turf before anyone else's knee explodes. The old Veteran's Stadium turf would have been safer to play on than that soggy marsh of a field.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2mbkmtif said:
Sarlacc83":2mbkmtif said:

Most of the high schools in my area have field turf and thus have a nicer playing surface than the pro stadium in the area (Soldier Field).

Our high schools in Utah are all switching over to field turf. They have shown that it pays for itself in less than 5 years with insurance rates going down, maintenance costs, etc. Mostly the liability rates go down because you won't have a sprinkler incident or fall in a hole and break an ankle. If the small high schools here can afford it, why can't Daniel "Charges fans to attend practice" Snyder?

canzag

Reaction score
So do we have a practice squad DE?I expect Sgruggs and Irvin to do fine.Next man up.This team is special.It sucks to lose Clemons if it is true though.