KNJ needs to be fire if this tweet is true.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I'm not shocked if it's confirmed

Can you even begin to imagine some of the discussion on the Rams' sideline?

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Pathetic, upsetting, ridiculous. Fire KNJ for being an idiot and Pete for encouraging his stupidity.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
KNJ needs to go a year ago no doubt.

That said WE need to call plays that work over and over again until they are stopped.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":39qhtz9f said:

That said WE need to call plays that work over and over again until they are stopped.

Imagining that only works against a very rare number of NFL defenses these days.

chris98251

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":1izqi11n said:

Agreed, when you find a opening you keep hitting it, they have to give up something to stop it and you hit that, we never ever seem to use this, in fact the exact opposite, when we find something that works we seem to go as far as we can from utilizing it and go into a different mode.

RiverDog

Reaction score
chris98251":31a52fav said:
JayhawkMike":31a52fav said:

Agreed, when you find a opening you keep hitting it, they have to give up something to stop it and you hit that, we never ever seem to use this, in fact the exact opposite, when we find something that works we seem to go as far as we can from utilizing it and go into a different mode.

There's two schools of thought here. One is what you mentioned, run the same play until your opponent proves that they can stop it. The other is not to go to the well too often, keep mixing things up, save the successful play for a critical situation. A DB gets used to seeing the same look and they can sit or break on a route, could result in an interception.

I agree with the OP, that if this is true, that the Rams kept running the same play over and over again yet we didn't adjust, someone needs to be held accountable, whether that be our players, the DC, the HC, or all of the above.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
KNJ is a yes man. The fact that he is around after such dismal defensive performances over such a long span of time (years) speaks volumes. He’s just a rank and file guy. The truth of the matter is that the blame lies squarely at the feet of Pete Carroll.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3f8tu5bh said:
KNJ is a yes man. The fact that he is around after such dismal defensive performances over such a long span of time (years) speaks volumes. He’s just a rank and file guy. The truth of the matter is that the blame lies squarely at the feet of Pete Carroll.

Agreed. Make no mistake, for better or for worse, this is Pete Carroll's defense. We just got through blaming Kris Richard for our defensive woes. Where and when does the buck stop?

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
RiverDog":1bcnhn6e said:
Spin Doctor":1bcnhn6e said:

Agreed. Make no mistake, for better or for worse, this is Pete Carroll's defense. We just got through blaming Kris Richard for our defensive woes. Where and when does the buck stop?

Agree 100%

The whole team top to bottom is of his making.

getnasty

Reaction score
If you actually watch the play the defense called doesn't seem to bad to me. Imadi just doesn't get under the route.

James in PA

Reaction score
Well, yesterday would have been the day to do it, as we’re on a mini bye. This was the chance to give the team a spark before the season completely gets away from us. My guess is Pete will do it …. AFTER the season. As usual, he’ll be a day late and a dollar short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
It wont matter who the coordinators are as long as Petes the head coach. Never has.

Elemas

Reaction score
It doesn’t look like we’re lacking talent wise (sans CB). I know why, but I don’t get how we turn a guy like Jamal Adams into a liability. Obviously…coverage.

But if you’re going to make him the highest paid safety….and he’s a pro bowler….(on the Jets of all teams).

When there’s mass confusion after a busted play and/or you have Diggs telling Wagz where to go…..what else is the root of the problem if it’s not schemes and coaching???

xray

Reaction score
don't blame the waiter...blame the chef

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
getnasty":1fn448uv said:
If you actually watch the play the defense called doesn't seem to bad to me. Imadi just doesn't get under the route.

No one gets under a route, ever. Space given within zones, failed transitions, and seams a mile wide seem universal.

cymatica

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1wdw2eyq said:
getnasty":1wdw2eyq said:

No one gets under a route, ever. Space given within zones, failed transitions, and seams a mile wide seem universal.

Don't get beat deep, don't get beat deep, don't get beat deep.

I seriously wonder how much that get's drilled into their heads and if it's keeping players from playing aggressive enough. I do remember Cary Williams saying that Pete would say that to him all the time.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
James in PA":3ol29c8b said:
Well, yesterday would have been the day to do it, as we’re on a mini bye. This was the chance to give the team a spark before the season completely gets away from us. My guess is Pete will do it …. AFTER the season. As usual, he’ll be a day late and a dollar short.

It's very hard for one to fire oneself. It's easy to point the finger at KNJ but the problems with this team, and the defense specifically, don't just stop at him. Firing KNJ doesn't solve the problem. Furthermore, if the OP tweet was true, why didn't the defensive guru - that everyone thinks PC is - figure it out? Why does PC get a pass for the issues on defense?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":11sha0tp said:
WE need to call plays that work over and over again until they are stopped.

You mean like the Rams did to our Defense?, and the other teams that beat them for making ZERO adjustments in those embarrassing games?

BASF

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1kh9jiy7 said:
James in PA":1kh9jiy7 said:

It's very hard for one to fire oneself. It's easy to point the finger at KNJ but the problems with this team, and the defense specifically, don't just stop at him. Firing KNJ doesn't solve the problem. Furthermore, if the OP tweet was true, why didn't the defensive guru - that everyone thinks PC is - figure it out? Why does PC get a pass for the issues on defense?

This is so tired a trope. Is Carroll being given a pass every time someone doesn't mention him in a thread? Is Carroll getting a pass every time someone doesn't mention him in a post? Is Carroll getting a pass every time someone doesn't mention him in a sentence?

Am I giving him a pass by not referring to him by name in this paragraph? He is the head coach and ultimately responsible for everything that happens on the field and in the front office. That doesn't mean that any of the posters here are giving him a pass by not bringing him up every single post.